talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Are You Drinking?

football forum

• Subscriber

The wife normally drinks an Australian white wine, Hardys Crest and my favourite is a Chilian red, Isla Negra, we will more than likely get our son to pick up some for us today as he has volunteered to be our 'Dogs Body' atm as we cant get out and about much with this Corona thing and he has a car (taxi).  

thumbnail_20200326_054112.thumb.jpg.a9d5e0b6bfad019abb34a050e3688899.jpg 

• 4 months later...

Just bought this - enjoying it and it's the first drink I've had since I was gifted that overpriced scotch that made me thinking I was licking a camp fire...so yeah, this is my first drink in 2 months. 

franziskaner_grande.jpg?v=1563026297

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

that overpriced scotch that made me thinking I was licking a camp fire...

xD

Not a fan of peated whisky then, I take it xD 

Nice choice of Weißbier, by the way. I just poured myself a glass of cool Paulaner...

1 minute ago, nudge said:

xD

Nice choice of Weißbier, by the way. I just poured myself a glass of cool Paulaner...

Naw, I just couldn't take it...I gave it away to my brother-in-law who is a major fan of all things Whisky. You, Martin and him would get along nicely. 

Thanks, I bought 24 of them and have knocked back a few today :)

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, nudge said:

xD

Haven’t had a Paulaner since I had about 12 of them in Valencia back in 2012 and had one of the worst hangovers ever haha 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Haven’t had a Paulaner since I had about 12 of them in Valencia back in 2012 and had one of the worst hangovers ever haha 

I had a similar experience with another (local) brand of Weißbier in 2004 (I think). Actually drank it again for the first time in over 15 years just a few days ago xD

11 minutes ago, Toinho said:

About 2 weeks into Covid, my buddies and I decided to start a weekly Video Chat between all 8 of us. The first one I drank enough vodka to kill a horse, a buddy said that I got emotional about how great I think my friends are, and that another buddy started crying (he was also chugging a liquor).

That hangover lasted over 48 hours and it's the only time I thought about blowing my head off, and sense I haven't touched vodka. 

• Haha 1

I also brought a mix pack of different German beers, and will be doing a tasting tonight while I grill some steaks and listen to chill music. 

This would have been one of those nights I'd light up the cigar if I still smoked them. 

• The title was changed to What Are You Drinking?