talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Favourite PL Moments of the Season So Far

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two late goals are massive. Defeat would have seen us only three ahead of City going into the game vs them at Anfield. City came off the pitch having won and we were still losing (or possibly drawing) at that stage.

Salah's goal v Man Utd

Spurs v Man City.

VAR letting play continue for TWO minutes before going back and awarding Man City a penalty at Spurs.

Everyone goes mental. Massive hold up.

Gundogan finally get's to take the penalty. Lloris saves it amid but promptly brings down Sterling on the rebound.

Utter carnage erupts. Arguements everywhere. What looked a stonewall pen wasn't awarded.

And then, just to top it off, everyone's favourite pantomime villain strikes again...

This thread got me thinking, has it been a good season? I can’t say I’ve been massively enamoured by it.

The title race was over before Christmas, Norwich have been down since around the same time and the battle for the Europa League places is a quagmire of inconsistency, as it was last season. The battle for survival could have been interesting till the season prematurely stopped. 

I think unless you’re a fan Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield United or Palace, can you really say your team has had a good season up to now?

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

This thread got me thinking, has it been a good season? I can’t say I’ve been massively enamoured by it.

The title race was over before Christmas, Norwich have been down since around the same time and the battle for the Europa League places is a quagmire of inconsistency, as it was last season. The battle for survival could have been interesting till the season prematurely stopped. 

I think unless you’re a fan Liverpool, Leicester, Wolves, Sheffield United or Palace, can you really say your team has had a good season up to now?

As a neutral, no it hasn't. There has been better.

We were spoilt last year with a very good title race that went to the bitter end.

And it's been tough for those involved adapting to VAR decisions I think. A lot of anger and frustration and fans struggling to accept the new interpretation of offside.

I don't think it necessarily helps that there are at least 6 teams in the league that fall into the mediocre bracket, nothing really exciting or standout about them, so they don't really bring much 'passion' or 'excitement' to the league but that's just how it is at the moment.

• Subscriber

It's not been a good season. The biggest one horse race I can remember who hardly ever drop points is the kind of thing you expect in France. Obviously happy with how it's gone for us and happy that we are a beneficiary but I do think we've benefitted from others being poor. VAR has also somehow fallen short of my exceedingly low expectations for it.

Archived