• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Oasis and the Gallaghers

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

One of the biggest walking nob-stains out there however Wall Of Glass I actually enjoyed. 

He'll always be inferior to Noel however, this debut album is just a stop-gap until his brother releases his third.

I like Noels music but it's not really been THAT good that Liam's new stuff is a stop gap.

Liam is marmite depending on your mood as a person, sometimes he's funny sometimes he's a cunt. 

As a songwriter he gets  disgarded because Noel is better, however Liam is still very good Soilder On & Outta time were probably the best tracks for me on dig out your soul, both Liam's. Songbird again was Liam he's a decent songwriter and a brilliant frontman. 

Noel's second album was weaker for me I think they both need each other to really kick on 

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2017 at 4:28 PM, Cannabis said:

Noel would be going down a level if he met up with Liam again but that's just me. 

Chasing Yesterday was an exceptional album.

Is going down a level the new hip thing to say on here?

Ive created a monster

41 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

He's released some decent songs off this new album, however i fucking hate the pair of them right now for denying us of an Oasis reunion. 

Just imagine how much money they could make off it....  why wouldn't they?!

It will be all about building it up. They'll drag it out for a couple more years yet and milk it for as much as possible

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wall of Glass is an absolute anthem and belongs with some of the best stuff he and Oasis have produced. Album as a whole was a bit meh but it's good to see both of them still making music, albums like this are worth it, if only for the odd good tune.

I like Paper Crown also.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/15/2017 at 23:42, Fairy In Boots said:

I was listening to Noel the other day and I must have missed this first time round, this is fucking brilliant. 

one of his best ballads

I'm not a massive fan of the album in all honesty but I came into this thread during the Christmas period and saw this mate, fucking class that.

• 3 weeks later...

As you were sales - 302k Who built the moon - 212k. That must hurt you @Cannabis

I don't know why Oasis fans always pick sides. Both geniuses in their own way. Noel has the music and is a proper fucking genius and Liam is the best front man of a generation. As someone else sai they need each other and that's why Oasis worked.

I went to see Liam live in december at Ally Pally, the closest thing you'll get to an Oasis gig. Nobody can surely say they would rather see Noel live ahead of Liam? just look at crowds in Liam's recent UK tour, it went off.

Did everyone watch the documentary Supersonic? Really good. I don't think they will ever reunite. 

On 12/02/2018 at 17:17, Marc said:

As you were sales - 302k Who built the moon - 212k. That must hurt you @Cannabis

I don't know why Oasis fans always pick sides. Both geniuses in their own way. Noel has the music and is a proper fucking genius and Liam is the best front man of a generation. As someone else sai they need each other and that's why Oasis worked.

I went to see Liam live in december at Ally Pally, the closest thing you'll get to an Oasis gig. Nobody can surely say they would rather see Noel live ahead of Liam? just look at crowds in Liam's recent UK tour, it went off.

Did everyone watch the documentary Supersonic? Really good. I don't think they will ever reunite. 

This is also Noels third album against Liam's first solo, According to wiki Noels first two sold around 800k and 306k. Kind of natural his numbers would drop and I imagine the same will happen to Liam as neither can produce what they did in Oasis and you're probably then left with the hardcore/whoever just likes the new albums.

Ive not listened to Noels in full yet but I've generally liked his past albums. Noel has so much freeeom to create and sing now, I can't imagine he'd want to give that up to Liam to make Oasis work.

9 hours ago, Danny said:

This is also Noels third album against Liam's first solo, According to wiki Noels first two sold around 800k and 306k. Kind of natural his numbers would drop and I imagine the same will happen to Liam as neither can produce what they did in Oasis and you're probably then left with the hardcore/whoever just likes the new albums.

Ive not listened to Noels in full yet but I've generally liked his past albums. Noel has so much freeeom to create and sing now, I can't imagine he'd want to give that up to Liam to make Oasis work.

I knew his first album did really well but I didn’t know it was 800k. I guess he was riding off that oasis wave more so then. Beady eye was a massive fuck up from Liam. Both hugely successful as solo artists but it’ll just never be Oasis.

Imagine how much money they could make if they did reunite. That’s the only thing that brings them together, all these rich bastards are always attracted to even more money. Everything else says no fucking way. Liam constantly slagging him off on twitter certainly doesn’t help things.

also, if they are going to do it then it needs to be in the next 5 years maybe? Nobody wants to see them return as proper old fuckers.

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I knew his first album did really well but I didn’t know it was 800k. I guess he was riding off that oasis wave more so then. Beady eye was a massive fuck up from Liam. Both hugely successful as solo artists but it’ll just never be Oasis.

Imagine how much money they could make if they did reunite. That’s the only thing that brings them together, all these rich bastards are always attracted to even more money. Everything else says no fucking way. Liam constantly slagging him off on twitter certainly doesn’t help things.

also, if they are going to do it then it needs to be in the next 5 years maybe? Nobody wants to see them return as proper old fuckers.

They're already old but yeah can't play the rock n roll card for too long or it'll lose its appeal.

A one off album would sell well but I think more would slide

• 1 year later...

As You Were has actually really grown on me over time. I'll hear a random tune from it and like it when I couldn't really get into the album when it first came out.

I like his new single as well, Shockwave.

Here's also a preview of another song off his new album. Potentially one of the best songs he's ever done?

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

As You Were has actually really grown on me over time. I'll hear a random tune from it and like it when I couldn't really get into the album when it first came out.

I like his new single as well, Shockwave.

Here's also a preview of another song off his new album. Potentially one of the best songs he's ever done?

Yeah he's doing well tbf, he's much better on his own than he was with Beady Eye. 

Pisses me off even more that they both continue to not speak and deprive us of what would be the biggest reunion of all time?!?!?!?

Archived