Oasis and the Gallaghers

football forum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They should just reunite instead of persisting with solo shite

It's so annoying. Fucking brothers ffs... absolute set of cunts depriving us of a good reunion before they get their bus pass.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not really a fan of Oasis but in the 90s they did catch a certain wave perfectly and rode it well for a while. 

But I think the whole Britpop thing is thoroughly done, and even moreso trying to recreate it separately. At least Damon Albarn tried something properly new. 

On 29/06/2019 at 17:21, LFCMike said:

The River and Shockwave are decent songs on the first couple of listens imo

I think they are decent offerings also.

He's also got another song on the way which blows those two out the water as well. Sounds like one of the best he's ever done.

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/07/2019 at 17:22, carefreeluke said:

I think they are decent offerings also.

He's also got another song on the way which blows those two out the water as well. Sounds like one of the best he's ever done.

Yeah, heard Once on As It Was. Released today, it's a tune for sure!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

This is one of my favourites:

I went through a phase as well where they were one of very few bands I'd constantly listen to and enjoy it. Not so much now but I like to listen to the more popular ones every now and then - Don't Look Back in Anger, Wonderwall, Champagne Supernova, Live Forever, Acquiesce, Stop Crying Your Heart Out. 

On 23/10/2017 at 22:19, carefreeluke said:

Wall of Glass is an absolute anthem and belongs with some of the best stuff he and Oasis have produced. Album as a whole was a bit meh but it's good to see both of them still making music, albums like this are worth it, if only for the odd good tune.

I like Paper Crown also.

Old post but was browsing this section, stumbled upon this and had to cringe at the first sentence :P

Yea no wonder it's the stand out track on the album. Greg Kurstin is all over it as are other big name writers. It's the same 5 or 6 guys creating most of the mainstream music that make the charts, but you wouldn't think that a thrash talking "rockstar" would resort to it.

Paper Crown is not even written by Liam. It's basically a song given to him. Same for "Chinatown" that Danny mentioned in the OP. I see a pattern.

6rdgBhK.png

This is why Liam gets a big nope from me. The same guy who said "It's like fucking three-year-old's music, worse than Steps" about Gorillaz and shits on Radiohead, can't get people's attention unless someone writes songs for him. Lame. He can only wish he had a third of the talent Damon, Thom Yorke or his brother have, and that's okay, he shouldn't get abuse for being less talented, unless he acts like a prick, which he does.

8 hours ago, Machado said:

Old post but was browsing this section, stumbled upon this and had to cringe at the first sentence :P

Yea no wonder it's the stand out track on the album. Greg Kurstin is all over it as are other big name writers. It's the same 5 or 6 guys creating most of the mainstream music that make the charts, but you wouldn't think that a thrash talking "rockstar" would resort to it.

Paper Crown is not even written by Liam. It's basically a song given to him. Same for "Chinatown" that Danny mentioned in the OP. I see a pattern.

6rdgBhK.png

This is why Liam gets a big nope from me. The same guy who said "It's like fucking three-year-old's music, worse than Steps" about Gorillaz and shits on Radiohead, can't get people's attention unless someone writes songs for him. Lame. He can only wish he had a third of the talent Damon, Thom Yorke or his brother have, and that's okay, he shouldn't get abuse for being less talented, unless he acts like a prick, which he does.

He's been pretty open about the fact that he's just a singer though

12 hours ago, Machado said:

6rdgBhK.png

Yeah mate, I wasn't aware of it at that time of posting. I sort of assumed he'd written all of his own stuff, as he had written some songs for Oasis. 

Having seen a lot of interviews of him over the last few years, I found out about him working with other people. As Danny said, he has been pretty open about doing that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived