talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Are You Doing While in Isolation?

football forum

Working.

Football Manager.

Going for a walk (while keeping my distance from everyone) once a day. 

Cooking. 

Eating.

Some more Football Manager.

Reddit. 

Netflix. 

Looking out of my window to see if anyone breaks the rules. 

Sitting in my chair in positions that are absolutely not okay for multiple parts of my body. 

Sleeping. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Working.

Football Manager.

Going for a walk (while keeping my distance from everyone) once a day. 

Cooking. 

Eating.

Some more Football Manager.

Reddit. 

Netflix. 

Looking out of my window to see if anyone breaks the rules. 

Sitting in my chair in positions that are absolutely not okay for multiple parts of my body. 

Sleeping. 

Beer?...

• Subscriber

When the lockdown started I asked myself what I wanted to do that was something I slated for 2020 and the top of the list was going to a workshop so that went out the door. I started doing all the usual stuff like

• Upskilling my language bucket (programming) by learning data processing with R and R.NET
  • Spending more time learning what my team wants to do with their careers and actually helping them chalk out a plan to improve their skills to get where they want to be. Then the hard part of enforcing the learning with the work they are given.
  • Gaming more with friends than playing solo (a friend of mine and me did a run of Darksiders : Genesis on a stream for four days). Thinking we'll get over to playing GTFO next. If you haven't seen it yet its quite fun - http://gtfothegame.com/
  • Building a new Gunpla (model building). I am taking this slow and spending more time on finishing plastic parts with no seams.
  • Learning to play guitar pieces that are classical in nature like Asturias. Doing this more to just keep my hands in shape as I practice everyday for an hour now and I think my speed has improved but won't know till I am in a room with the guys from the band. 

In all of this I am seriously avoiding streaming services as they make me sit on the couch and I really don't want to sit too idle as it annoys me that I could be doing other things. I'll watch the odd show here and there but I know some friends who have told me they finished an entire season of XYZ in a day and I don't knock it because it gives them some form of escape from whats going on but its not for me. 

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’ve been getting drunk and having loads of sex, it’s actually been pretty great

Fuck. 

You. 

I'm on the verge of blowing my brains out...because while I enjoy some isolation, my adult, female roommate is driving me towards insanity. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Fuck. 

You. 

I'm on the verge of blowing my brains out...because while I enjoy some isolation, my adult, female roommate is driving me towards insanity. 

That’s shit mate, this quarantine came at a pretty awful fucking time for you.

But for me it’s been pretty great, not going to lie 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Right or left hand? 

No hands, because my wife’s stuck here with me. For us, basically this quarantine has been our honeymoon at home because we put off our honeymoon to have money for our “dream” trip to... Italy. We were planning on going in a couple of weeks, glad I didn’t buy the tickets because when I was about to was a few weeks ago when it became very clear Italy was hit pretty hard.

Not the honeymoon I had in mind, but it could be a lot worse.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

That’s shit mate, this quarantine came at a pretty awful fucking time for you.

But for me it’s been pretty great, not going to lie 

Yeah - it's been awful. Absolutely awful. 

I tried to go for a run and had to stop after almost dying to from an asthma attack and had to almost crawl back to my house. 

I'm just done with this all. 

On 31/03/2020 at 22:00, Dr. Gonzo said:

No hands, because my wife’s stuck here with me. For us, basically this quarantine has been our honeymoon at home because we put off our honeymoon to have money for our “dream” trip to... Italy. We were planning on going in a couple of weeks, glad I didn’t buy the tickets because when I was about to was a few weeks ago when it became very clear Italy was hit pretty hard.

Not the honeymoon I had in mind, but it could be a lot worse.

A bit of a similar situation here:D. We had planned to wait for a baby for a couple of years. But I reckon that's not gonna work out, with the way things are going. 

If I do end up getting her pregnant and it ends up being a girl, then I am naming her Karuna :D(which actually means compassion).

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

A bit of a similar situation here:D. We had planned to wait for a baby for a couple of years. But I reckon that's not gonna work out, with the way things are going. 

If I do end up getting her pregnant and it ends up being a girl, then I am naming her Karuna :D(which actually means compassion).

I really really really really hope I don't end up being a dad in about 9 months tbh. That'd be the worst thing about this illness from my perspective (I mean... unless it kills any of my friends or family) - I'm 100% not ready to have a kid yet.

• Subscriber

Started exercising a lot. I've always been doing light bodyweight training at home to stay in shape but now started doing additional dumbbell workout routine, also waiting for the exercise bike to be delivered. Feels like being in prison; I'm going to be ripped once this is over xD 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Started exercising a lot. I've always been doing light bodyweight training at home to stay in shape but now started doing additional dumbbell workout routine, also waiting for the exercise bike to be delivered. Feels like being in prison; I'm going to be ripped once this is over xD 

That was my plan at first, but now I try to do damage control in terms of getting fat. But next week I want to exercise again too. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

When's the video out?

No doubt it'll be better than Joe Wicks xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Tommy said:

That was my plan at first, but now I try to do damage control in terms of getting fat. But next week I want to exercise again too. 

I always kept on doing it simply because exercising makes me feel good... but it's a good point, I can also use it as an excuse to drink one beer more xD In all seriousness though, it does wonders for both physical and mental well being.

Girlfriend has been here since last Tuesday working from home due to our state shutting down regional borders within our state... so it was either she stays where she lives for the next 2,3,4,5,6 who knows how many weeks or she comes to Perth before the lockout. It’s been pretty good so far...it’s basically accelerated our relationship to living together for however long this goes for or until she is required to work on site. 

Today was without doubt the best day of isolation.

Got together with 8 of the lads and we had an online Poker tournament using the Pokerstars app.

We all logged on to Zoom too so we could all talk during it.

Didn't win, didn't care. It was just class having a few beers over camera with everyone as if we were all in the same room.

And that is the way to beat this thing psychologically. Will definitely be up for another Poker game again. 

Might even run one if people here fancied it.

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Today was without doubt the best day of isolation.

Got together with 8 of the lads and we had an online Poker tournament using the Pokerstars app.

We all logged on to Zoom too so we could all talk during it.

Didn't win, didn't care. It was just class having a few beers over camera with everyone as if we were all in the same room.

And that is the way to beat this thing psychologically. Will definitely be up for another Poker game again. 

Might even run one if people here fancied it.

I’ve done two Friday night Zoom beers with some mates. Really helps!!

Archived