Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Sheep - Season 7 - All Things Retro

Sheep - Season 7 - All Things Retro

image.thumb.png.264f9ee9c8347f43e9aba7145d8dda81.png

After spending a season in the Office, the next port of call for Sheep is in the past and more specifically topics from the 90s, 80s and 70s. If you've ever thought your Walkman was the most hippest thing you've ever owned, if you've ever taken a sibling to town on your Atari console, if you've ever worn bell-bottom jeans and thought you had swag, if you've ever taken a Quaalude to escape reality or if you've ever grooved to disco tunes this might just be the season to get involved.

If you know anyone that you think I have missed in my tag please put them in here and I'll add them to the final tally of participants.

@Dr. Gonzo @CaaC (John) @Stan @Spike @nudge @Azeem @Bluewolf @Pyfish @DeadLinesman @Toinho @Harry 

The Rules

For people who haven't played before the game is very simple, there will be 10 questions asked per round and they may have multiple answers. The goal is to try and answer like the rest of the players. An example is, What is a common accompaniment with eggs for breakfast? And if you and 5 other people answer "beans" then you get 6 points. If your answer doesn't match anyone else's then you get one point. The idea is to gain as many points and get to the top of the list to be the Sheepiest of the lot. 

If there is ambiguity in the question, as is sometimes the case, I will put specific instructions next to the question as I know some of these can be close in wording and I try my best to group them together.

This season will start on April 3rd, 2020 if we can get enough people. I am looking for 10 or more people to get in.

P.S. Could I please have an admin ping this to the top and unpin the Season 6 threads. Thank you in advance.

• Upvote 2

Oh yes of course I'm in!

I'll try it

• Upvote 2

Never played but ill give it a go

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Storts said:

I'll try it

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Never played but ill give it a go

It's a surprisingly great game for forums. I think you guys'll think it's pretty fun.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

@nudge @Azeem @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) @Spike @DeadLinesman @Stan @Dr. Gonzo @SchalkeUK @Pyfish @Harry @Storts @Lucas

This is the final list I have. If anyone has been missed please let me know and we'll start tonight. I'll post rules for each round (there are five in total).

That's 13, not bad, you fancy playing @Fairy In Boots, @Faithcore, @Eco?

6 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Sorry!

BOOOOOOOOOO  :cardY:

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Sorry!

#FaithcoreOut

#BensonIn

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

#FaithcoreOut

#BensonIn

Nice! Benson will do a great job.

@nudge @Azeem @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) @Spike @DeadLinesman @Stan @Dr. Gonzo @SchalkeUK @Pyfish @Harry @Storts @Lucas @Machado

It's time for round 1. If you haven't been marked in here or you want to still get in please let me know and I can add you to the final list.

Sheep - Season 7 - All Things Retro - Round 1 - Random 80s Stuff

1. Name one of the four Ghostbusters
  2. Name one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  3. Name a famous Pet Shop Boys song
  4. Name a team that won the English Football League First Division (Pre-Prem) between 1970 and 1980 which isn't from Merseyside
  5. Name a movie that got nominated for Best Picture (Oscars) in 1980 but didn't win it. 
  6. Name a midfielder from Kevin Keegan's Newcastle United (any season)
  7. Name a club that won the Bundesliga between 1980 and 1990 which isn't from Munich
  8. Name one of Jim Henson's Muppets that isn't Kermit
  9. Name a famous Guns n Roses song.
  10. Name one of the three places where the Olympics were held between in the 80s

Notes/Rules

• For 1st timers, the rules of the game are simple. You want your answers to these questions to match with one other player or more than one other players. E.g. If your answer is "Wookie" and five other people answer the same then you get 6 points for that question. If you do not match with anyone else you're only going to get 1 point. The winner is the person who has the most points after 5 rounds.
  • Please DM me all your answers and don't post them in here.
  • Please feel free to ask questions for clarification purposes and I'll try and answer them as best as I can.
  • Please do not try and discuss answers to questions until the round is over.
  • I will accept spelling mistakes and words that follow a certain theme. If the answers have to be unique I will call them out specifically with the questions
  • There is no such thing as a WRONG ANSWER. Keep in mind that you can type anything you want and if someone else provides the same answer we can all have a laugh while you'll walk away with 2 or more points.

You all have till Thursday (April 9th) to get your answers to me. If they all come in sooner I'll have the results out faster as well and we can move to the next round.

Good luck.

• Upvote 4

Sent.

I feel like that was a nice simpler round to ease us in to the mayhem later xD 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sent.

I feel like that was a nice simpler round to ease us in to the mayhem later xD 

I thought about it. Then I thought some more and said, we have 14 people that's enough to start some form of chaos to the finish line.

Definitely an easy round to start!