• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 7 - All Things Retro

football forum

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

@nudge @Azeem @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) @Spike @DeadLinesman @Stan @Dr. Gonzo @SchalkeUK @Pyfish @Harry @Storts @Lucas @Machado

It's time for round 1. If you haven't been marked in here or you want to still get in please let me know and I can add you to the final list.

Sheep - Season 7 - All Things Retro - Round 1 - Random 80s Stuff

1. Name one of the four Ghostbusters
  2. Name one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  3. Name a famous Pet Shop Boys song
  4. Name a team that won the English Football League First Division (Pre-Prem) between 1970 and 1980 which isn't from Merseyside
  5. Name a movie that got nominated for Best Picture (Oscars) in 1980 but didn't win it. 
  6. Name a midfielder from Kevin Keegan's Newcastle United (any season)
  7. Name a club that won the Bundesliga between 1980 and 1990 which isn't from Munich
  8. Name one of Jim Henson's Muppets that isn't Kermit
  9. Name a famous Guns n Roses song.
  10. Name one of the three places where the Olympics were held between in the 80s

Notes/Rules

• For 1st timers, the rules of the game are simple. You want your answers to these questions to match with one other player or more than one other players. E.g. If your answer is "Wookie" and five other people answer the same then you get 6 points for that question. If you do not match with anyone else you're only going to get 1 point. The winner is the person who has the most points after 5 rounds.
  • Please DM me all your answers and don't post them in here.
  • Please feel free to ask questions for clarification purposes and I'll try and answer them as best as I can.
  • Please do not try and discuss answers to questions until the round is over.
  • I will accept spelling mistakes and words that follow a certain theme. If the answers have to be unique I will call them out specifically with the questions
  • There is no such thing as a WRONG ANSWER. Keep in mind that you can type anything you want and if someone else provides the same answer we can all have a laugh while you'll walk away with 2 or more points.

You all have till Thursday (April 9th) to get your answers to me. If they all come in sooner I'll have the results out faster as well and we can move to the next round.

Good luck.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sent.

I feel like that was a nice simpler round to ease us in to the mayhem later xD 

I thought about it. Then I thought some more and said, we have 14 people that's enough to start some form of chaos to the finish line.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Definitely an easy round to start!

Thing is though they are very broad questions with varying multiple choices. Easy answers but paves the way for a lot of aces! 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Stan said:

Thing is though they are very broad questions with varying multiple choices. Easy answers but paves the way for a lot of aces! 

That’s true! Didn’t think of it like that. We’re doomed.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I've just seen the PM.

So, before I do this, just to clarify, I am putting what I think most others would and not what comes straight away to me?

Really you should say what you think and not what others think yet they might think the same as you but no one will know except @Mel81x when you send the answers to him. 

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Really you should say what you think and not what others think yet they might think the same as you but no one will know except @Mel81x when you send the answers to him. 

Ok @CaaC (John) cheers.I'm just gonna say whatever comes first in my head.

Hit and hope always worked for me in Golf so here we go.

Fore...

• Subscriber
55 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I've just seen the PM.

So, before I do this, just to clarify, I am putting what I think most others would and not what comes straight away to me?

I'd say the right strategy is to go with what everyone is thinking just because it gets you more points in the end.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I'd say the right strategy is to go with what everyone is thinking just because it gets you more points in the end.

Ok mate, well I've already sent my answers so we'll see how that's worked out for me haha.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Ok mate, well I've already sent my answers so we'll see how that's worked out for me haha.

Yeah I wouldn't worry there are cut-opponents-down rounds later so you'll get a chance to climb the ladder.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived