The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 7 - All Things Retro

football forum

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I did awful there

14 hours ago, nudge said:

Same :(

Still one more round don't despair. I will try and give everyone an upperhand at the end.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

@nudge @Azeem @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) @Spike @DeadLinesman @Stan @Dr. Gonzo @Pyfish @Harry @Storts @Lucas @Machado

Sheep - Season 7 - Round 5 - The Finale

This is the final round for Season 7. Will we have a new champion or will someone from the old guard find their way to rule the herd? Onto the questions. I will be making these a bit harder than the rest of the rounds but don't worry most of them are pretty intuitive

1. In the 1980s, Adidas made two balls especially for the Football World Cups during the period. Name one of these balls.
  2. Name one of the two non-German defenders who were part of the 98-99 UCL Final between Bayern Munich and Manchester United (for Bayern). I'll club spelling mistakes here as I know some of you'll are going from memory.
  3. In August 1992 at the Camp Nou, Barcelona, Spain played and won the Olympic gold medal in Football. Name a member of that football team from any position.
  4. F1 1994 saw Michael Schumacher win the title. Name one of the first three courses he won on. You can also name the country if its easier and I will club them together.
  5. Name one of the four members of the A-Team. You can name the actors if you wish and I'll club them together.
  6. The X-Files came out in 1993. Name one of the two main protagonists from the show. Character name or actor name will do here.
  7. Name a person who has KO'ed Mike Tyson (In the ring of course)
  8. In 1991 Pearl Jam released the album "Ten". Name one of the three tracks that went on to become hit singles.
  9. Two managers who have gathered the most amount of games as manager of a PL Club are Arsene Wenger (1 - 828) followed by Sir Alex Ferguson (2 - 810). Name one of the mangers who have managed between 500 and 600 games.
  10. If the Sheep formed a team to get into a sport other than football which one of the following would they choose (Volleyball, Water Polo or Field Hockey)

Notes/Rules

• For 1st timers, the rules of the game are simple. You want your answers to these questions to match with one other player or more than one other players. E.g. If your answer is "Wookie" and five other people answer the same then you get 6 points for that question. If you do not match with anyone else you're only going to get 1 point. The winner is the person who has the most points after 5 rounds.
  • Please PM/DM me all your answers and don't post them in here.
  • Please feel free to ask questions for clarification purposes and I'll try and answer them as best as I can.
  • Please do not try and discuss answers to questions until the round is over.
  • I will accept spelling mistakes and words that follow a certain theme. If the answers have to be unique I will call them out specifically with the questions
  • There is no such thing as a WRONG ANSWER. Keep in mind that you can type anything you want and if someone else provides the same answer we can all have a laugh while you'll walk away with 2 or more points.
  • If you answer with more than one option I will take that as a single answer and it won't be clubbed with the rest of the answers.

You have till Monday, May 25th to get your answers in. Good luck!

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Stan said:

Meljitbhai, for Q2 do you mean for Bayern only or just in the game for either opponent?

Stan-Bhai just for Bayern. Sorry wasn't clear on the question.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Stan-Bhai just for Bayern. Sorry wasn't clear on the question.

No problem! Have submitted mine accordingly :D 

This feels like when someone is on the verge of winning 250k on Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Chris Tarrent decides it's time for an ad break before he reveals the answer. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Lucas said:

This feels like when someone is on the verge of winning 250k on Who Wants to be a Millionaire and Chris Tarrent decides it's time for an ad break before he reveals the answer. 

Or, like waiting at a football match and your team is winning and could win the league if another team is playing away and need to lose, full time at your game and still 5 minutes to play at the other game and the team nearest to you is still losing, squeaky bum, pick your nose, scratch your arse time.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

really sorry guys been nursing a bad wrist so i type very little. its all better now so the results come out today night. Apologies once again.

You should have taken it, easy buddy  xD

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4773dc7b111493bc7319

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

really sorry guys been nursing a bad wrist so i type very little. its all better now so the results come out today night. Apologies once again.

I'm sure you're not the only one in lockdown to experience similar wrist pain. 

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Stan said:

I wish it came from fun activities haha but its all pain just pain.

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, Stan said:

Absolutely! The repetitive strain from typing on my keyboard for work has done my wrist in ;)

• Subscriber

@nudge @Azeem @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) @Spike @DeadLinesman @Stan @Dr. Gonzo  @Pyfish @Harry @Storts @Lucas @Machado

We had two defaulters this round and you know who you are but I can't wait any longer so here are the answers for the round. I apologize for the delay.

Sheep - Season 7 - Round 5 - The Finale - Answers

1. In the 1980s, Adidas made two balls especially for the Football World Cups during the period. Name one of these balls.

Tango - 6
Azeem
Caac John
Stan
Pyfish
Storts
Lucas

Azteca - 5
SchalkeUK
Nudge
Machado
Dr. Gonzo
Harry

The black and white one - 1 
Spike

• Subscriber

2. Name one of the two non-German defenders who were part of the 98-99 UCL Final between Bayern Munich and Manchester United. I'll club spelling mistakes here as I know some of you'll are going from memory.

Samuel Kuffour - 7
Caac John
Stan
SchalkeUK
Pyfish
Nudge
Storts
Lucas

Gary Neville - 3
Azeem
Machado
Dr. Gonzo

Bixente Lizarazu. - 2
Spike (gimme extra points because I spelt it correctly) + 2
Harry

And yes I will give you an extra point for spelling it out correctly because I know you dont look anything up @Spike so have two points for the effort.

• Subscriber

3. In August 1992 at the Camp Nou, Barcelona, Spain played and won the Olympic gold medal in Football. Name a member of that football team from any position.

Pep Guardiola - 8
Stan
SchalkeUK
Nudge
Machado
Spike
Storts
Dr. Gonzo
Lucas

Kiko - 2
Caac John
Pyfish