talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheep - Season 7 - All Things Retro

football forum

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

This man is playing some 9-D chess here but I suppose it is a good strategy.

Yea you say that but I did the same move with Leeds because of @Lucas when I was initially going to go with Notts Forest.. should have followed my instinct because then Leeds would have scored 4 and Forest would have been on 6 so I lost out on extra points there... That and them stupid Turtles.. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I misread #5 as an nominated but didn't win in 1980s not just 1980. Silly me.

Other than Stuttgart fucking me over I think I did pretty well. Gutted I didn't join the Bremen bandwagon.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Did anyone else like me pick Werder Bremen simply because you knew @nudge would thus trying to gain an extra point and not get left with a possible ace???  

Everyone who said Hamburger SV is now on ignore.

• Subscriber

Round 2 comes out in two hours from now. I apologize in advance its a bit difficult and I do advise that you use Google for two of the questions (if not more). Also, it has a special game-mechanic that will be revealed with the set of questions.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Round 2 comes out in two hours from now. I apologize in advance its a bit difficult and I do advise that you use Google for two of the questions (if not more). Also, it has a special game-mechanic that will be revealed with the set of questions.

Bring it on brother, the harder the better  :banana: 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

giphy.gif

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Everyone who said Hamburger SV is now on ignore.

I was going to say Bremen for you but then I thought about wonderful Rafa and went for Hamburg 

• Subscriber

@nudge @Azeem @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) @Spike @DeadLinesman @Stan @Dr. Gonzo @SchalkeUK @Pyfish @Harry @Storts @Lucas @Machado

Sheep - Season 7 - All Things Retro - Round 2 - Diminishing Returns

1. Name ONE of the 6 colours used in the original Rubik's cube.
  2. Name ONE of the first four colours that Sony used for the Walkman.
  3. Name a famous Black Sabbath song.
  4. Name ONE of the losers from a UEFA Champions League Final from any one of these years - 1995, 1996 or 1997
  5. Led Zeppelin released their self-titled album (Led Zeppelin) on 12 January 1969. Name any ONE track off that album from Side One.
  6. Name a famous Hasbro cartoon from the 80s.
  7. In 1978, Fleetwood Mac won the Grammy's Album of the Year after releasing Rumours. Name ONE track off that album.
  8. Muhammad Ali lost three times in the 70s. Name one of the people he lost to in that time.
  9. In 1993, Ferrari made three 348 models for road use. Name ONE of them.
  10. Name one of the scorers of the final between AC Milan and Barcelona (Champions League) in 1994 held in the Olympic Stadium, Athens. 

Round Game-Mechanic

The title of this round kind of gives a bit of a lead into the what the mechanic is about but it works like this. In this round you are only allowed to use a word once. This means that if you use the same word in the answer to any question you will have both the question you answered and any other uses of the word all amount to zero. E.g. If two questions ask about a fruit and you use the word 'Orange' twice then you will get zero for both/all your answers, yes plurals count, yes compound words count as well. Articles and Prepositions are totally fine and can be used as many times as you'd like. So, be wise in what you use for answers and obviously I kept it easy so I don't really foresee anyone tripping up here but I could be wrong.

Notes/Rules

• For 1st timers, the rules of the game are simple. You want your answers to these questions to match with one other player or more than one other players. E.g. If your answer is "Wookie" and five other people answer the same then you get 6 points for that question. If you do not match with anyone else you're only going to get 1 point. The winner is the person who has the most points after 5 rounds.
  • Please DM me all your answers and don't post them in here.
  • Please feel free to ask questions for clarification purposes and I'll try and answer them as best as I can.
  • Please do not try and discuss answers to questions until the round is over.
  • I will accept spelling mistakes and words that follow a certain theme. If the answers have to be unique I will call them out specifically with the questions
  • There is no such thing as a WRONG ANSWER. Keep in mind that you can type anything you want and if someone else provides the same answer we can all have a laugh while you'll walk away with 2 or more points.
  • If you answer with more than one option I will take that as a single answer and it won't be clubbed with the rest of the answers.

You have till Thursday, April 16th to get all you answers in. Good luck.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

10. Name one of the scorers of the final between AC Milan and Barcelona (Champions League) in 1995 held in the Olympic Stadium, Athens. 

1993/4 was AC Milan v Barca, 1994/5 was Ajax v Milan?

• Subscriber
Just now, Lucas said:

@Mel81x Like the game mate.

Just wondering if a week to answer is too long? Or is it more time beneficial for your benefit?

Thanks Lucas. Actually its just because I know people have other commitments and family/people you live with also need attention at times like these. If everyone gets their answers in ahead of time I don't mind getting them counted and put into the master table.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived