• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga to Resume From 1st May

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Bundesliga to Resume From 1st May
9 minutes ago, nudge said:

...in empty stadiums. All 36 clubs in the 1. and 2. Bundesliga reportedly agreed to it in the video meeting today.

https://www.kicker.de/773106/artikel/bundesliga_soll_ab_mai_mit_geisterspielen_wieder_starten

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Risky, if one player gets infected the entire league is compromised.

I was reading something along those lines about players concerns over here, given that some players of clubs have been in contact with players/staff that have it people would be right to be cautious.. I am assuming that players would all be checked before any games went ahead??

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I was reading something along those lines about players concerns over here, given that some players of clubs have been in contact with players/staff that have it people would be right to be cautious.. I am assuming that players would all be checked before any games went ahead??

All it takes is one person to be infected and then for the entire lockerroom to be compromised. Remember it has a relatively long gestation period.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

All it takes is one person to be infected and then for the entire lockerroom to be compromised. Remember it has a relatively long gestation period.

They'll be testing everyone regularly. Certainly before any game. The question is will the testing pick up a carrier?

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Risky, if one player gets infected the entire league is compromised.

It´s not officiall yet, I´m sure they´ll be monitoring the situation in the next month to see how it develops and make the final decision then. DFL said they will be working with medical and other experts in order to find the ways to involve as little people as possible (limited staff etc) and minimize the risks. 

I don´t think it´ll work out.

1 minute ago, nudge said:

It´s not officiall yet, I´m sure they´ll be monitoring the situation in the next month to see how it develops and make the final decision then. DFL said they will be working with medical and other experts in order to find the ways to involve as little people as possible (limited staff etc) and minimize the risks. 

I think it is ambition's folly.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

So you gave @Stan a little bit of hope and are now pulling the rug from under him?? 

Quality that... B|

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Pyfish said:

Can't see it happening as it's too much of a risk. Feels like they're just saying it to keep everyone going and give hope.

I think it´s nothing to do with giving hope. It´s more about them looking desperately for a way to resume the season as if it´s canceled then the losses will be over 750 million for the league. Smaller clubs might struggle to survive so I think this is more about the money and survival than anything else...

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So you gave @Stan a little bit of hope and are now pulling the rug from under him?? 

Quality that... B|

Look who turns up obviously xD 

• Subscriber

Again, I can't see how any responsible government would allow this unless the whole country is well on its way to coming out of "lockdown" measures. This seems unlikely given that cases and fatalities are still rising throughout most of Europe. The governing bodies and football clubs can agree to it as much as they want, and things may work different in Germany, but to me this just seems like another irresponsible, money-comes-first pipe dream like the Premier League's alleged plans that were reported yesterday.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I doubt it. 

My sentiments exactly. I think alot of the major sports leagues are trying to make deadlines like this with the caveat that its a soft deadline as naturally everything is fluid at the moment still. This has the feeling like its going to be a long while before we're in the clear for returning to semi normal life let along sports. 

Brilliant!  I know it may not happen, but we have 8 weeks to watch the situation go up or, hopefully, down but with something positive to look forward to - if it doesn't happen they have, at least, tried.  It will also be nice to watch a game without anyone spitting on the pitch9_9

Archived