talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Saturday 3rd June - Juventus 1-4 Real Madrid

Just now, Stan said:

I know mate :) 

Ha, okay. 

Grown Juve fans crying is great TV. I hate it for Buffon, but Real were just by far the better team overall. 

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spike said:

Ramos was a ticking time bomb. I am fully surprised he is still on the pitch.

He always is though. Cucandro's behavior surprised me. He was absolutely reckless. 

Damn Marcelo is the fucking man. 

Real Madrid win it again. 

• Subscriber

Went as I expected.

I know many people on the forum don't like to admit it - but this Real Madrid team are exceptional. Best team in Europe without a doubt and fully deserving of this. So much quality all over the pitch. Modric, Kroos and Casemiro is without doubt the best midfield in the world. It has everything. Ronaldo is just a goalscoring machine - Isco is class and Benzema just complements those around him. When you can bring on Bale, Asensio and Morata it says it all.

Zidane has them playing such efficient entertaining football. Throughly professional performance tonight, and no real surprise. Juventus haven't faced a team this good all year, as I said pre match. They just couldn't cope as the game went on.

Must mention Marcelo as well, what a player. He's as important as any other player in that side. So consistent. 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Went as I expected.

I know many people on the forum don't like to admit it - but this Real Madrid team are exceptional. Best team in Europe without a doubt and fully deserving of this. So much quality all over the pitch. Modric, Kroos and Casemiro is without doubt the best midfield in the world. It has everything. Ronaldo is just a goalscoring machine - Isco is class and Benzema just complements those around him. When you can bring on Bale, Asensio and Morata it says it all.

Zidane has them playing such efficient entertaining football. Throughly professional performance tonight, and no real surprise. Juventus haven't faced a team this good all year, as I said pre match. They just couldn't cope as the game went on.

Must mention Marcelo as well, what a player. He's as important as any other player in that side. So consistent. 

This is a perfect post. I agree with it perfectly. 

I don't like Real, but they have been the most efficient and dominate team in the world. 

• The title was changed to FINAL - Saturday 3rd June - Juventus 1-4 Real Madrid

Juventus 2nd half performance was truly horrible. Real totally outclassed them and I have to give it for Zidane. He improved a lot as a coach in a very short time. As for Juventus, they still need more quality and creativity in their midfield. Perhaps Mahrez and James are the missing pieces. Great season by them nonetheless. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Seems like Barcelona is the only team on the planet to actually have the balls and Attack Real Madrid rather than sit back. 

Can't say it wasn't deserved from Real. 2 in a row. 

Juventus tried in the 1st half, but Real made the adjustments in the half-time and just outclassed Juve. In the end, and this I agree, Barcelona and Bayern are the only teams with the individual talent to beat Real Madrid. 

Carvajal and Marcelo bar none the best wing backs on the planet. 

Such valuable components to the side with what they offer considering how Real now function. 

Said it before and I'll say it again, Ronaldo is no where near the footballer he was, but he is one hell of a target man. He won't care as he is scoring more goals than he use to, but he adjusted his game to a tea.  Pretty sure more than 70% of his goals this season (excluding penalties) have come from a player crossing it to him. His instincts in the box are the best on the planet.  Real are better off selling Benzema and putting Ronaldo up top supported by Isco and Asensio. 

#Fun Fact - 

This is the first time since 1958 Real Madrid won the League and Champions League in the same season. 

In the mean time, Barcelona did it 5 times :hh:

@Teso Dos Bichos

Luckily, I managed to find a restaurant with a TV showing this game here in Huancayo so I stopped by to watch it.

This is definitely a shock result, not the Real Madrid win but the scoreline rather. I definitely thought that it could go either way but with didn't see anyone winning by 3 goals.

First things first, Ronaldo is not the best player in the world. I'm not having that, he's being played to a strength that will see him score a lot of goals but he doesn't do anything else to suggest that he's the best. Before he dribbled past the whole team, now he just beats any defender off the ball and guarantees a goal. That's a very good strength to have but its not enough to convince me that he's better than Neymar or even Messi.

I don't know how unpopular this is, but Barzagli had a superb game for Juventus. I thought the whole defence wasn't terrible to be honest, a lot of late challenges in the final third to deny Real of a goal. However, Juventus' midfield was useless, and when that's the case there is only so much the defence and keeper can do.

Also, the referee heavily influenced the game. I know its become popular to say that about any team who played Real Madrid, but the amount of yellows he dished out to Juventus really made them play more cautiously. At the end of the day, they needed to be more mentally prepared but the way he dished yellow after yellow for non persistent fouling was just silly and had a major impact on the final result.

Finally, I've been keeping this on the low but I've thought for about a year that Buffon isn't world class anymore. Was he the best keeper in history in his prime? Arguably, but to those who watch Serie A know that he concedes a lot of howlers but can also have his games where he looked the keeper he once was. He's become more inconsistent, and while he has no fault for any of the goals today, I did see him really insecure and think that if Real did have more good opportunities, then he would have been at fault for those.

Overall, Real were the better team. They may be poor against smaller sides but they are efficient. Congratulations.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Arguably, but to those who watch Serie A know that he concedes a lot of howlers

no he doesn't. like when?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

no he doesn't. like when?

He does a lot. I can't remember much off the top of my head because there have been a lot of games but I see him making a lot of mistakes that he wouldn't have made 5 years ago. The problem is that he's such an iconic keeper that he can get away with some of these. People only like to pay attention to his good performances.

I remember some of his howlers, just not the all the opposition. The 2 that spring to mind was against Udinese and Spain, but there have been more.

8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

First half Juventus was impressive, but in the second they totally collapsed. They conceded four for the entire campaign and now four in the final incredible. Well deserved win for Real.

Yeah don't know what the fuck happened, Juve was dominating till about 3 o 4 mins from the end of the first half, then when the second half started it looked like they were replaced by the Atletico Madrid that played on the Bernabeu on the semifinal.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

He does a lot. I can't remember much off the top of my head because there have been a lot of games but I see him making a lot of mistakes that he wouldn't have made 5 years ago. The problem is that he's such an iconic keeper that he can get away with some of these. People only like to pay attention to his good performances.

I remember some of his howlers, just not the all the opposition. The 2 that spring to mind was against Udinese and Spain, but there have been more.

yeah, I remember when Spain played in Serie A too. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived