talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FINAL - Saturday 3rd June - Juventus 1-4 Real Madrid

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Serie A was one of the best two leagues in the world not too long ago.

From 1990 to Calciopoli Juve won Serie A five times (not counting the seasons 04-05/05-06). So in a span of 14 years, winning the best league in the world five times isn't half bad at all. That is in between two of greatest AC Milan teams of all time. 

57 minutes ago, 6666 said:

O.o

Surely you aren't arguing that Serie A, historically, isn't an elite League? Think past the previous 4-5 years and you'll see that the league was consistently putting out elite teams. Milan and Inter both winning European competitions, and having some of the strongest teams and players in the world. 

Juventus have to be the biggest European Competitions disappointments. 

Historically, no doubt it's a great league but ever since the match fixing scandal I do think it's stuggled to be great. Internazionale basically not having to do much to win the league with Juventus away and AC Milan in an identity crisis decreased the overall quality of the league, the fact Juventus could get promoted and just dominate the league in a bigger way than they were doing before is proof of that.

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

O.o

Yep nothing complicated about that.

Serie A is still comfortably one of the top 4 leagues in the world now, and one of 4 truly world class leagues alongside the Premier League, La Liga and the Bundesliga. And even when it was the strongest league in the world by a million miles, or one of the top 2 or top 3 leagues in the world they were still racking up Serie A titles. 

For them to dominate such a difficult league historically and win so few European Cups (5 fewer than Milan and 1 fewer than Inter) is odd. 

Really starting to get hyped for this match now with just a few days to go again

Whoever wins, the only thing that's for sure is that it's going to be one hell of a Champions League final, it's going to be a fantastic match! 

Obviously what would make it that much better would be Juventus and Buffon coming out on top, though :8_laughing: :Italy:

Thohir: ‘Italian club’ to win CL
By Football Italia staff

Inter President Erick Thohir has admitted that he wants Juventus to win the Champions League Final but referred to them as “the Italian club”.

Thohir joins former Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi in publicly backing Juve over Real Madrid for Saturday’s showdown but seemingly failed to mention Juve out of loyalty to Inter.

“Certainly I’ll support the Italian club because they’re certainly a good team and with that, Serie A would improve its image,” he told the Indonesian Press, reports Calciomercato.com.

“Real have their strengths, but there has never been a champion for two consecutive seasons in the Champions League.

“If they did, it’d be a remarkable result, but we hope Serie A drives up its image in the world after the three [European] cups won by Inter and seven by Milan.”

xD Fucking love Thohir sometimes. Won't say Juve by name, but knows it'll be good for the country, and league, if that Italian team wins. :congrats:

This will be probably the first time in my life that I will be on Juventus' side. First of all Real don't even deserve to be in this final ( Bayern should be in their place) and second, Juve looks stronger than ever this year, they look as strong as Inter was back in 2010. they deserve a treble too.

1 minute ago, Dalmore said:

This will be probably the first time in my life that I will be on Juventus' side. First of all Real don't even deserve to be in this final ( Bayern should be in their place) and second, Juve looks stronger than ever this year, they look as strong as Inter was back in 2010. they deserve a treble too.

I feel the same. Expect instead of my thinking that they deserve it, I just think it's fitting for Buffon to win one.

I want Juve to win for Buffon, just like most of the world, but if the games close with an hour remaining bringing on Gareth Bale to play in his home country with the motivation he will have on top of his pace and natural ability I think will be a key factor.

Ideal scenario would be Real to eaqualise late on through Bale and Juve to win on penalties.

Being 26 and seeing a Goalkeeper who i've known about since I was 10 on the verge of retirement makes me feel a little sad even though I have no affiliation to guy. Such an icon and a role model with the way he's conducted himself through Italy's World Cup Win, Juventus' relegation, and making himself produce the performances he still does at his age. Been worth every penny.

I really fancy Juve for this. For me, they have both the defensive talent and an organized system. Their backline never seems to break down from the first punch and it seems the best way to score is to unsettle them with variation and figure out a second, third, or fourth way in through the defence.

And whilst this sounds bizarre considering they have won La Liga this year, I'm not entirely sure Madrid really have that much variety in their game plan to find different way's through Juve's defence if their main attacking threats are blunted.

Defence aside, I think Juve also possess a serious attacking threat to Madrid. I don't rate Madrid's defence, I just think they get away with conceding goals because teams are scared to attack them incase the likes of Ronaldo, Bale etc counter attack so fast against them.

I'm going 1-0 Juve and a win for the neutral.

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I'm off to this tomorrow. Really looking forward to it, as you can imagine. 

I honestly don't mind who wins, I just want to see a great game. 

You going?, that's great. How much was the ticket?

Remember that Barcelona made a considerable amount of chances against Juve.  They didn't score against them in two legs but that's down to how poor Barça were in front of goal.

In football weak points are only so important because they're not playing any mickey mouse side.  Real Madrid will have chances because they have the players to make chances and there's no such thing as an impenetrable side that's perfect.  I obviously hope Juve win, but for me the favourites are Real and considerably too.

Dani Alves has been doing a marvellous job of winding them up over these past few days though... A few ex-Real players have already been riled and answered back in an abrupt manner like Mijatović who said "Alves isn't very intelligent and always talks crap" xD

That after Alves said his goal when Real won their 7th Champions League against Juve years back was off-side. hahahaha

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Screen%20Shot%202017-06-03%20at%2011.00.

These are the two front pages of Spanish sports newspapers (Barcelona based) 'Mundo Deportivo' and 'SPORT' this morning. :o:whistling:

Have you read this Dani Alves text: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/dani-alves-juventus-the-secret/amp/

Great life story from a great player.

As a brazilian, I´m curious about the Dani Alves and Marcelo duel. Both are really important to their respective teams´ offenses and it culd be decisive. Having said that I hope Alves and Alex Sandro take the title home. I´m cheering for Juve today.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Lucas said:

I really fancy Juve for this. For me, they have both the defensive talent and an organized system. Their backline never seems to break down from the first punch and it seems the best way to score is to unsettle them with variation and figure out a second, third, or fourth way in through the defence.

And whilst this sounds bizarre considering they have won La Liga this year, I'm not entirely sure Madrid really have that much variety in their game plan to find different way's through Juve's defence if their main attacking threats are blunted.

Defence aside, I think Juve also possess a serious attacking threat to Madrid. I don't rate Madrid's defence, I just think they get away with conceding goals because teams are scared to attack them incase the likes of Ronaldo, Bale etc counter attack so fast against them.

I'm going 1-0 Juve and a win for the neutral.

Not sure this is really true mate - Madrid have so much attacking talent. They effectively have two teams of high quality and if Bale/Benzema/Ronaldo etc are blunted then you have Isco/Asensio/Vazquez/Morata etc. to break teams down. Juventus won't have faced a threat like this all season. 

Really torn on who I want to win - usually would be Madrid for Gareth and Luka, but really soured on Bale recently, he's gone all diva and forgotten who and what made him this superstar. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Buzzing for this and already cracked a few brews. Hoping for a great final. Only ever moment I want Juve to win. 

Jealous - i'm just hoping to get away from work on time for it. Theresa May ruins everything 

• The title was changed to FINAL - Saturday 3rd June - Juventus 1-4 Real Madrid
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived