talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Marvel Films

football forum

Watching the films again as I’ve got so much time on my hands and my opinion on Guardians being the best film is further strengthened.

Better soundtrack, better visuals, better storyline’s, better characters, better villains. So much more colour, great graphics...just the best.

With that said Iron Man 1 was obviously very good and set the whole thing into motion, Iron Man 3 was better than 2 and up until this point (watching chronologically, on Guardians 2 now) the best 3 films are Guardians, Avengers and IM3. 

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite by far is Captain America Civil War. Great plot, and just a solid movie all around. 

Guardians of Galaxy and Thor Ragnarok were fabulous additions, because they brought something new to the table. 

And it is not part of the Avengers universe, but Into the Spiderverse is brilliant film. Thoroughly enjoyable and visually stunning.

• Subscriber

Agree with @IgnisExcubitor Captain America Civil War is the best movie in the current crop. It bleeds into so much of the following movies and its plot is very good.

I also think X-Men : First Class was quite good even if it did start to deteriorate a bit before the climax.

GOTG has a very popish vibe to it and definitely wasn't something people were expecting from the literature thats been around for decades. 

I am a big fan of Marvel, as a kid used to have read a lot of comics so the movies came naturally. As for the avengers movie I'd say Winter soldier is my favourite. I really liked Age of Ultron as well. Every of them has some good moments, perhaps i disliked the most is Endgame it was so predictable. All in all people dislike Marvel movies but you don't really get into it without liking or reading the comics.

I have no complaints about the rest of the cast but it's scary how Chris Hemsworth and Robert Downey Jr actually seem like they were born to play their roles as Thor and Iron Man respectively. I think they're my favorite movies because of how naturally both actors play their characters.

This is probably because what draws the line between corny and cool in this type of movies is how believable the fictional world these characters live in is, and the cast is as important as the story and the quality of the CGI in making it all seem authentic, so both these guys for me are a big part of why their movies and consequently the Avengers worked so well.

I agree with Guardians of the Galaxy being a special movie in this franchise though. Probably the one that surpassed my expectations the most.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, ASF said:

The first Avengers is still the best one for me.

If we're talking prior 2008/Phase 1, then the Spidey movies (1 and 2) with Maguire are the best.

What I like about those original Spidey Movies (especially #1) is how good for a Green Goblin Willem Dafoe plays.

11 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Are you confusing Winter Soldier with Civil War?

Yeah I meant to say Civil War...after watching them all in a row I never realised how much Iron Man moans about everything

33 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Haven't watched a Marvel film since Iron Man 2, I think. It just became too much, and to me it felt like it was all style over story. 

Iron Man 2 is literally the worst of the lot. Just start again. Trust me, some of them are fantastic.

14 hours ago, Mel81x said:

What I like about those original Spidey Movies (especially #1) is how good for a Green Goblin Willem Dafoe plays.

I think the cast of both movies were great, as well as the OST.

Love this song: 

The Best ones, that are really worth a watch IMO are

Iron man
Captain America, the winter soldier
Guardians of the galaxy
Thor Ragnarok 
Black panther
Infinity and end game.

The shit ones. 
Thor and thor the dark world
Iron man 2 and 3
The avengers age of ultron