2020 Music

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2020 at 11:37, LFCMike said:

Jamie Webster's album is boss

I know so many people who tried to make it in the Merseyside music scene who resent the fuck out of Jamie Webster because of how he got his break.

It’s not really his fault and I don’t blame him... but I get where they’re coming from

17 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know so many people who tried to make it in the Merseyside music scene who resent the fuck out of Jamie Webster because of how he got his break.

It’s not really his fault and I don’t blame him... but I get where they’re coming from

Don't see a problem with it to be honest. It's probably true that there's plenty of bands from Merseyside that haven't got the exposure they deserve over the last 20-30 years. Manchester bands for example seem to have been marketed better. Webster making a breakthrough can only be a good thing for music on Merseyside though

32 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Don't see a problem with it to be honest. It's probably true that there's plenty of bands from Merseyside that haven't got the exposure they deserve over the last 20-30 years. Manchester bands for example seem to have been marketed better. Webster making a breakthrough can only be a good thing for music on Merseyside though

Yeah I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it tbh, I just think of the people I know that are bitter as fuck about how he got his break every time I see that he’s got his own songs out now.

I can get where they’re coming from.... but it’s not really his fault and he didn’t do anything wrong, he got an offer from the club he couldn’t really say no to and they gave him global exposure. That’s what most musicians that needed a break would have done tbh.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

New album by Nothing But Thieves is decent.

A lot of the songs are so relevant with how this year has gone and they can apply to the pandemic-life, but all songs were recorded before March xD 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/dec/03/shawn-mendes-wonder-review

Thought I'd drop this here. One of the most brutal reviews I've read. 

"Mendes has a good voice and is occasionally inventive – here’s hoping he has a future beyond soundtracking weddings"

"The mind boggles a little at the notion that it took four people to write the album’s intro – 60 seconds of music involving a one chord sequence and six lines of lyrics"

• Subscriber

Taylor Swift's SECOND album release of lockdown is out today too. Enjoyed some of the tracks on 'folklore' so intrigued to see what 'evermore' brings. It's a sister album so expected to have the same kind of feel.

Archived