talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga To Return on 16th May

So politicians suggested that Bundesliga should resume in the 2nd half of May, so now they moved the restart date from 15th to 16th. :S

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Tommy said:

So politicians suggested that Bundesliga should resume in the 2nd half of May, so now they moved the restart date from 15th to 16th. :S

Not sure if that's German efficiency at its finest or being petty whilst sticking 2 fingers up at politicians at the same time xD 

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Agree that things need to be returning to normal as soon as possible but not if the motivation is money over health... 

True, and that's the part that gives me mixed feelings about it. But I think that it was always going to be about finding the middle ground between protecting the health of the society (keep the spread under control) AND protecting the economy and the livelihoods of people. Other non-essential businesses are gradually opening too for the same reason, including hospitality sector - even indoor restaurants, pubs, hotels, camping places, water parks, etc. Training in groups for other sports and individual activities indoors will be soon allowed too. Schools are gradually reopening, kindergartens will likely follow soon. All shops are reopening, regardless of what they are selling. People are now being allowed to meet other people that don't belong in the same household, even limited hospital and care home visits will be allowed again soon. Many of those likely have the potential to carry a much higher risk than the two Bundesligas restarting under limited conditions, in my opinion, so I just see it as a step in the same direction... Whether it will work out, is a different question though. 

• Subscriber

Sky will broadcast BVB v Schalke derby and 1. Bundesliga Konferenz on the 17th and 2. Bundesliga Konferenz on the 18th for free on Sky Sport News HD.

Normality or what we knew as normality is great, it’s what we are all yearning for, not just from a sporting perspective. I recognise that money’s presence in all of this is probably quite large but I hope though that it’s football that’s spoke about in the coming weeks, when the Bundesliga resumes, and not anything related to an outbreak. 

Nonetheless, the march into European qualification for FC Köln can get back on track and that will brighten the lives of everyone. 

• The title was changed to Bundesliga To Return on 16th May
  • Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

I still think it's complete bullshit that they do not cancel the season. 

Wish I could say I will boycott it but probably I won't be able to do that and will watch it nonetheless :ph34r:

Pretty much. Money money money. Money.

45 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Pretty much. Money money money. Money.

Yea, fuck them. Here I was thinking we'd have a fair chance of staying in the league if everything gets cancelled. :ph34r:

https://www.kicker.de/775279/artikel/zwei_positive_tests_dynamo_muss_fuer_14_tage_in_quarantaene?fbclid=IwAR1WwecQkCiV-54Pugx8LMzowGppZdM4L7GfxA9XsKmIawU8goZMD_DKXIY#fb

Two positive tests at Dynamo Dresden, so the team has to go into quarantine for two weeks and can't play their match against Hannover. 

Why do they have to quarantine and Köln and Gladbach don't?:35_thinking:

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

https://www.kicker.de/775279/artikel/zwei_positive_tests_dynamo_muss_fuer_14_tage_in_quarantaene?fbclid=IwAR1WwecQkCiV-54Pugx8LMzowGppZdM4L7GfxA9XsKmIawU8goZMD_DKXIY#fb

Two positive tests at Dynamo Dresden, so the team has to go into quarantine for two weeks and can't play their match against Hannover. 

Why do they have to quarantine and Köln and Gladbach don't?:35_thinking:

I think that is good news. Because it shows that after all those decisions are still local ones and if one Gesundheitsamt decides that a team has to go into quarantine then they have every right to do so.

As unrealistic as that may seem at this point but I still hope that DFL and DFB will be forced to cancel the season.

1 hour ago, Faithcore said:

I think that is good news. Because it shows that after all those decisions are still local ones and if one Gesundheitsamt decides that a team has to go into quarantine then they have every right to do so.

As unrealistic as that may seem at this point but I still hope that DFL and DFB will be forced to cancel the season.

Ausgesprochene Scheissidee.

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Ausgesprochene Scheissidee.

Kein Fussfallfan der Welt kann ernsthaft wollen, dass die Saison fortgesetzt wird.

Ich kenne auch keinen, der das möchte. Bis jetzt offensichtlich. 

Es ist völlig absurd daran überhaupt nur zu denken in der derzeitigen Situation. 

Just now, Faithcore said:

Kein Fussfallfan der Welt kann ernsthaft wollen, dass die Saison fortgesetzt wird.

Ich kenne auch keinen, der das möchte. Bis jetzt offensichtlich. 

Es ist völlig absurd daran überhaupt nur zu denken in der derzeitigen Situation. 

Ich gebe Dir im Prinzip recht.

Allerdings bin ich gegen die Annullierung einer Saison in der der FCS aufgestiegen wäre und das DFB-Pokalhalbfinale erreicht hat,. Die Saison sollte aufgrund von höherer Gewalt vorzeitig beendet, und Auf- und Abstieg nach dem derzeitigen Tabellenstand entschieden werden. Obwohl es typisch mein Verein wäre, falls die bis hierhin sehr zufriedenstellende Saison ein Muster ohne Wert darstellte.

Okay, dann habe ich mich vielleicht unklar ausgedrückt. 

Ich bin für einen Abbruch, aber ganz eindeutig gegen eine Annullierung. Das wäre die unfairste aller Lösungen. 

Es muss mindestens Aufsteiger geben. Im Zweifel muss man die Ligen aufstocken für 1 oder 2 Saisons.

Für euch natürlich doppelt bitter mit dem DFB-Pokal. 

IF the season gets cancelled, Bayern will be crowned Champions, and Bremen and Paderborn are going to be relegated. :ph34r:

https://www.eurosport.de/fussball/bundesliga/2019-2020/bild-bei-saisonabbruch-meister-und-zwei-absteiger_sto7747443/story.shtml?fbclid=IwAR1mwMs0Eq-t7---b7x6uE6QpLA2oGC-U5xEqbCcKk-0AwtGKXdPVJ3uejY

Where do I sign?

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Would be a bit harsh to get relegated with 10 matches still to play. Not exactly undeserved though.

I find it funny that we'd get away with it, so to speak. Uwe Rösler could say that he saved us really. xD

The rules for the games behind closed doors. 

Goal celebration only with short elbow or foot contact. 

People on the bench have to wear face masks. 

Pack forming, hand shakes, hugs and spitting not allowed. 

No mascots (kids walking in with the players), club mascots nor handshakes at the beginning of the match. 

:SxD

• Administrator

Are games definitely going ahead? Like, what's the likelihood it might still could get cancelled?

Just incase I have to do a back-up game for the First Goal competition. 

And I'm ready to watch some proper standard of football and don't want to be disappointed xD 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

The rules for the games behind closed doors. 

Goal celebration only with short elbow or foot contact. 

People on the bench have to wear face masks. 

Pack forming, hand shakes, hugs and spitting not allowed. 

No mascots (kids walking in with the players), club mascots nor handshakes at the beginning of the match. 

:SxD

The only 2 weird ones are the bottom 2? The goal celebration is common sense (when you think of it in isolation). Kind of goes against all the times players could come in to contact with each other during the flow of the match, or at set pieces where they're huddled anyway xD

55 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha. Also someone at Hoffenheim suggesting that the masks worn could be used as additional advertisement space xD :dam:

This is turning into a proper farce.

Money, money, money!!! 

Archived