Liverpool 70pts 2 games left West ham away Boro at home

Man City 69pts 3 games left, Leicester at home, West Brom at home, Watford away

Arsenal 66pts 3 games left, stoke away, Sunderland home, Everton home

Man Utd lol

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The two clubs that allow Arsenal a top 4 spot should get relegated. 

It's true that if we blow it and Arsenal do finish fourth then it's more because of how poor we have been against the lower clubs in the league rather than Arsenal deserving it. We won't deserve it either though because of the reason I mentioned. We've been the best in the league against the top 7 but that means nothing really if we can't accumulate enough points against the rest . It'll be a shame if we do miss out because I think we'd do ok in the CL under Klopp because we are much better against better opposition. 

Thats us all over though. 

Arsenal have Stoke away and then Sunderland (an absolute banker) and Everton (who are crap away and will not want to do us any favours) at home. So basically it comes down to Stoke away because we won't take 6 points from 6 against West Ham & Boro. 

20 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's true that if we blow it and Arsenal do finish fourth then it's more because of how poor we have been against the lower clubs in the league rather than Arsenal deserving it. We won't deserve it either though because of the reason I mentioned. We've been the best in the league against the top 7 but that means nothing really if we can't accumulate enough points against the rest . It'll be a shame if we do miss out because I think we'd do ok in the CL under Klopp because we are much better against better opposition. 

Thats us all over though. 

At least in the Champions League you lot would probably give it a better go than Arsenal.

Arsenal qualify but what's the point of them taking part in this competition? 

1 minute ago, carefreeluke said:

At least in the Champions League you lot would probably give it a better go than Arsenal.

Arsenal qualify but what's the point of them taking part in this competition? 

Yeah I think we probably would go further than Arsenal but we are royally fucking up qualifying for it. Ok having a thin squad coupled with loads of injuries to key players hasn't helped but we should have had top four wrapped up weeks ago. 

With how well we've done against the top teams this year, I genuinely think we could go far in the Champions League next year if we strengthen well in the summer.

That's if we make it, though, and I don't think we will. We always slip up against West fucking Ham and that'll allow Arsenal to take our place. The one consolation is that it'll definitely mean Wenger staying on.

I, personally, don't think we'll make it. Squeaky bum time for Liverpool usually ends up mean we shit ourselves under pressure, a la the good season under Rodgers. Or finish top 4 in a manner designed to give as many Liverpool supporters as possible heart attacks with how nervy it'll be. It is the Liverpool way.

If Liverpool beat West Ham then you've got to fancy them to turn Boro over on the last day.

City will probably win all theirs which will guarantee a top 4 spot.

I also think Arsenal will finish the season with 3 more wins so that West Ham vs Liverpool game looks absolutely massive on Sunday.

1. Chelsea

2. Tottenham

3. Manchester City

4. Liverpool

Or Liverpool and City switched, i don 't think United will bother much as they will focus on the Europa league. Arsenal is in my opinion too far off even though they have more games to play.

20 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Remember boro 8-2 city. Boro might just randomly decide to turn over a better club after being relegated once more...

Boro just got a draw with us, they are up for it and Negrado can be deadly on his day

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Boro just got a draw with us, they are up for it and Negrado can be deadly on his day

Negredo is probably already talking to his travel agent about summer plans considering they know their fate but maybe they'll give it a go seeing as its the last day of the season and what do they really have to lose anyways.

We will shit our pants. Sunday is fucking massive, biggest game of the season. I just hope to some weird god that I don't believe in that we beat West ham, please please please!!!

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

We will shit our pants. Sunday is fucking massive, biggest game of the season. I just hope to some weird god that I don't believe in that we beat West ham, please please please!!!

I'm not even watching it. Can't bear it. 

7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Liverpool fans started this thread saying they haven't been good enough this season, especially against weaker teams, and now they're going to go far in the Champions League? Am I the only one perplexed by that? 

It's really not difficult. We are shite against poor teams and very very good against good teams therefore it wouldn't be a surprise if we did well in the CL. 

7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Liverpool fans started this thread saying they haven't been good enough this season, especially against weaker teams, and now they're going to go far in the Champions League? Am I the only one perplexed by that? 

Yes, you might the only one. Anyone who has followed us will tell you that we are brilliant against the top sides, but absolute shire against smaller sides.

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's really not difficult. We are shite against poor teams and very very good against good teams therefore it wouldn't be a surprise if we did well in the CL. 

It really would be a surprise. 

7 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Yes, you might the only one. Anyone who has followed us will tell you that we are brilliant against the top sides, but absolute shire against smaller sides.

Yes but equating that to doing well in the Champions League is an odd one. 

Because our players and style are more suited against big sides. The moment we face smaller sides that sit back and defend for long periods of the game, we look clueless.

Klopp is not likely to change this style. We might persist with false nine next season, as well. So it's a logical assumption to make, considering you mostly get quality opposition in UCL.

Archived