talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Top 4 Squeaky Bum Time

7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yes but equating that to doing well in the Champions League is an odd one. 

I thought this. The good teams in Europe are a lot stronger than the ones here. Hence the dismal showing in the competitions from them. Aside from United who Liverpool didn't beat this season. 

They'd get destroyed by the stronger teams in Europe. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Aaah the tension of qualifying for the Champions League just to be a participant.  The tension (the real one) belongs to those vying to win trophies for me.

I totally agree in fact I said last night that if you lot come fourth and win the FA Cup then without a shadow of a doubt you've had a better season than City and Spurs. Even if you lose the final I'd say it's better because at least you've had the day out at Wembley in a cup final. 

The tension regarding top four with us comes from hardly competing in the CL for the last fuck knows how many years and how crucial it is (in Klopps words) for us to sign the players that have been targeted. 

Totally agree though. It's all about silverware, pots and pans over top four anyway. 

38 minutes ago, HK85 said:

I thought this. The good teams in Europe are a lot stronger than the ones here. Hence the dismal showing in the competitions from them. Aside from United who Liverpool didn't beat this season. 

They'd get destroyed by the stronger teams in Europe. 

I doubt we'd be destroyed. We've not lost a single game against the top 7 this season, home or away. 

Im not saying we'd win it obviously but there's a very good chance we'd put up a better fight than Arsenal ever do. 

Take last season against Dortmund for instance. Cracking game, cracking tie all round and we won in brilliant circumstances. It tends to be what we do. 

Put it this way, if we do qualify (and I don't think we will) id put a £500 wager that we go further than Spurs and United (obviously if United qualify through Europa League). 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I doubt we'd be destroyed. We've not lost a single game against the top 7 this season, home or away. 

Im not saying we'd win it obviously but there's a very good chance we'd put up a better fight than Arsenal ever do. 

I'd definitely think you'd put up a better fight in terms of not accepting defeat once a top team is drawn against you and there's no way it would be as big a defeat but it would be exactly that, defeat. 

There's raising your game to beat the future league champions, or getting a draw at Spurs then there's trying to do that in Paris, Madrid or Munich. Good fucking luck. 

6 minutes ago, HK85 said:

I'd definitely think you'd put up a better fight in terms of not accepting defeat once a top team is drawn against you and there's no way it would be as big a defeat but it would be exactly that, defeat. 

There's raising your game to beat the future league champions, or getting a draw at Spurs then there's trying to do that in Paris, Madrid or Munich. Good fucking luck. 

You can say that about every single club in the world! 

Id fancy us against Paris though :whistling:

5 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Last time Liverpool were in the Champions league you got 3-0ed at Anfield by Madrid, couldn't beat Basel and you drew with some nobodies from Hungary or some shit.

If you're going to optimistic, make it cautious optimism maybe :ph34r:

Rodgers V Klopp and a much better team. 

Come on mate, you can do better than that. 

Actually, fuck apples to oranges. Sturridge wasn't fit, Sterling had nothing to his game but pace and Gerrard, while excellent the previous year in a very strict role, was a long way past his best. So yes, give me Mane, Wijnaldum and Milner every single time xD

6 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

But can they beat Loudogreaterrfrfsrts on a rainy night in Belarus?

No, because they're shit. But we'll batter Barcelona home and away so it doesn't matter.

40 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

Yeah, you're right. Wijnaldum, Milner and Mane are way better than Gerrard, Sterling and a fit Sturridge.

Silly me.

Gerrard has retired, Sterling is at City and Sturridge is Sturridge and Klopp isn't Rodgers  xD

2 hours ago, Tanksie said:

I am well aware of the statuses of the players I mentioned. Bout the only thing I will grant you is Klippity Klopp is better by far than mr fucking character.

Rodgers in a post-Suarez Liverpool was the fucking most irritating shit ever. Every week we'd play like dogshit and then "oh they showed great character, the boys have such great character"... NO THEY DIDN'T THEY WERE FUCKING SHITE. 

Rodgers also didn't take Europe seriously for us. We sent on kids v Real Madrid.

If Klopp ever loses the plot like Rodgers did I might lose my fucking mind. Because I just reflected on the Rodgers days and I am now so angry.

4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Did Brendan ever blame a dry pitch as an excuse for a poor result?

His biggest excuse was the transfer committee which he was on. I don't think he ever used dry pitch as an excuse, though. He really failed because he forgot how to change his tactics for us in a world without Suarez & Gerrard in a deep role without the movement from Sturridge and Suarez & in a more rigid formation with a loan striker was a criminal waste of Stevie.

• Subscriber

Arsenal (v SUN H) and City (v WBA H) should certainly win their games in hand and put pressure on Liverpool.

I can see Liverpool drawing at West Ham while City will surely thump Leicester at home. Arsenal should win at Stoke but might not.

Last weekend, City should have a top four spot in the bag so it should come down to Liverpool and Arsenal. Liverpool host Middlesbrough which is a game I can only see them winning, while Arsenal have a trickier contest against Everton which you would still expect them to win but it's less certain.

My money's on City and Liverpool. 

4 minutes ago, adziom said:

Arsenal (v SUN H) and City (v WBA H) should certainly win their games in hand and put pressure on Liverpool.

I can see Liverpool drawing at West Ham while City will surely thump Leicester at home. Arsenal should win at Stoke but might not.

Last weekend, City should have a top four spot in the bag so it should come down to Liverpool and Arsenal. Liverpool host Middlesbrough which is a game I can only see them winning, while Arsenal have a trickier contest against Everton which you would still expect them to win but it's less certain.

My money's on City and Liverpool. 

Everton are absolutely rubbish away from home and will be trying to do us absolutely no favours. 

It comes down to if we can beat West Ham away and if Arsenal can beat Stoke away. 

I'm a betting man and all my money is on us dropping points and an Arsenal win. 

I don't see any other outcome. 

Archived