talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Recommend an Album

football forum

I thought this would be a fun way of sharing eachother's music in this time of social distancing. It could be something you think a person is interested in, or it could be something you just listened to. I'll start with @Dr. Gonzo, I recommend 'Angel Dust' by Faith No More. Curious to see a metalhead's view of a sometimes alternative-funk metal, always weird Faith No More. If you don't have Spotify or another streaming service, usually one can find a playlist on Youtube.

Angel Dust (Faith No More album) - Wikipedia

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Any recommendations please :D 

I have a very varied taste in music...

The Weeknd, 30 Seconds to Mars, Blink 182, Ludovico Einaudi, The Killers, Au/Ra, Pvris, Paramore, Dua Lipa, Stormzy, Don Broco, Kasabian, Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino

I'm quite mood-based. Can one day be wanting to listening to heavy rock (Bullet For My Valentine, Slipknot, BMTH, Avenged Sevenfold). Another day leads me to something softer like mentioned above in some bands, or even more chilled/relaxed/peaceful like Einaudi... 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Any recommendations please :D 

I have a very varied taste in music...

The Weeknd, 30 Seconds to Mars, Blink 182, Ludovico Einaudi, The Killers, Au/Ra, Pvris, Paramore, Dua Lipa, Stormzy, Don Broco, Kasabian, Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino

I'm quite mood-based. Can one day be wanting to listening to heavy rock (Bullet For My Valentine, Slipknot, BMTH, Avenged Sevenfold). Another day leads me to something softer like mentioned above in some bands, or even more chilled/relaxed/peaceful like Einaudi... 

You like contemporary pop music by the looks of things. For you I'd recomend the pop music of yesteryear that has stood the test of time; or even the alternative scenes that had pop elements. Have a crack at 'Hounds of Love' by Kate Bush, 'So' by Peter Gabriel, 'Tim' by The Replacement, and 'Crazyrythms' by The Feelies.

Hounds of Love - WikipediaSo (album) - Wikipedia

Tim (The Replacements album) - WikipediaThe Feelies - Crazy Rhythms - Amazon.com Music

18 hours ago, Spike said:

I thought this would be a fun way of sharing eachother's music in this time of social distancing. It could be something you think a person is interested in, or it could be something you just listened to. I'll start with @Dr. Gonzo, I recommend 'Angel Dust' by Faith No More. Curious to see a metalhead's view of a sometimes alternative-funk metal, always weird Faith No More. If you don't have Spotify or another streaming service, usually one can find a playlist on Youtube.

Angel Dust (Faith No More album) - Wikipedia

I’ll give it a listen while I’m working on the sofa today.

Just now, Mel81x said:

New sound? What do you normally like listening to?

I'd say it'd be easiest to class into punk and it's alternative rock derivatives. Though pretty much any music just under the layer of 'pop'  post-1977 can be traced to some sort of influence from punk.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'd say it'd be easiest to class into punk and it's alternative rock derivatives. Though pretty much any music just under the layer of 'pop'  post-1977 can be traced to some sort of influence from punk.

Was going to suggest listening to Sigh - Heir to Despair if you like Avante-Garde Metal but you may have already heard it. 

Or try Mitsume - Ghosts. Keeping mind of course these are both Japanese bands but i've been listening to a lot of that today haha.

For anyone wanting a Bruce Springsteen, The Killers, The War on Drugs type vibe.

I highly recommend:

Sam Fender: Hypersonic Missiles Album Review | Pitchfork

An album that has grown on me a lot over the last year. There were some tunes on it that I was a bit indifferent to at first but over time I've become a fan of them.

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Was going to suggest listening to Sigh - Heir to Despair if you like Avante-Garde Metal but you may have already heard it. 

Or try Mitsume - Ghosts. Keeping mind of course these are both Japanese bands but i've been listening to a lot of that today haha.

I really liked the second one. And I bet @Stan didn't listen to a single song on the FOUR albums I recommended him xD

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, Spike said:

I really liked the second one. And I bet @Stan didn't listen to a single song on the FOUR albums I recommended him xD

Cheers, didn't know there was a deadline.

For what it's worth (if you're actually wanting feedback and not just attention), I have listened to Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush before. Wasn't really a fan of either.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

For anyone wanting a Bruce Springsteen, The Killers, The War on Drugs type vibe.

I highly recommend:

Sam Fender: Hypersonic Missiles Album Review | Pitchfork

An album that has grown on me a lot over the last year. There were some tunes on it that I was a bit indifferent to at first but over time I've become a fan of them.

This is a killer album and easily one of the better ones i listened to over the year. The use of guitar and the vocals are really good.

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Cheers, didn't know there was a deadline.

For what it's worth (if you're actually wanting feedback and not just attention), I have listened to Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush before. Wasn't really a fan of either.

Just on the wind up, nonga.

Few suggestions from what I've been listening to lately.

Daughters - You wont get what you want

Not usually what I listen to, but this album was recommended and I ended up really liking it. If you like industrial rock or noise rock, then you'll like this.

a0781820650_10.jpg

Fleet Foxes - Crack Up

I love Fleet Foxes, and this is their best album.

crack-up.jpg

The Horrors - Primary Colours

The went from gimmicky shite on their first album, to producing an absolute belter on their follow up.

c1509e2a.jpg

KIDS SEE GHOSTS - Self Titled

Think what you want of Kanye and Cudi, but this is genuinely fucking brilliant.

Kids_See_Ghost_Cover.jpg

Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 3

Fast and furious rap. Class.

run-the-jewels.jpg?quality=80

Archived