talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Recommend an Album

football forum

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Few suggestions from what I've been listening to lately.

Daughters - You wont get what you want

Not usually what I listen to, but this album was recommended and I ended up really liking it. If you like industrial rock or noise rock, then you'll like this.

This was incredibly hyped on release, and I still haven't listened to it despite being in the throngs of noise rock.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Spike said:

This was incredibly hyped on release, and I still haven't listened to it despite being in the throngs of noise rock.

Admittedly I haven't got a lot to compare it to as its a genre I dont really listen to, but I heard about the hype on it. Worth a go if you ask me.

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

Daughters - You wont get what you want

KIDS SEE GHOSTS - Self Titled

Both of those are definitely must hear. If you liked Kids See Ghosts, I'd recommend you "Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin" by Cudi himself. If you like the track below, you'll have fun with the album.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Pick a genre im sure one of us can find something you'd like. 

Hmm. I listen to different stuff but lately have been mostly on Johnny Cash, Leonard Cohen, Marilyn Manson (The Pale Emperor album), Rammstein and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. So something similar would be nice.

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Hmm. I listen to different stuff but lately have been mostly on Johnny Cash, Leonard Cohen, Marilyn Manson (The Pale Emperor album), Rammstein and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. So something similar would be nice.

If you like GYBE check out other instrumental 'postrock' bands like Mogwai, Tortoise, and Don Caballero. 

Since you also like Cash and Cohen, I suggest Tim Buckley (the father of Jeff Buckley), he is a little more 'odd' but I feel he hits the mark on the weirder side of folk music.

@Machado I've heard some stuff from that Cudi album. It's okay, but I need Kanye with him to tone down some of the ideas Cudi has haha. Also listen to Dayton, and I agree fully that it was great.

King Gizzard & The Wizard Lizard - Murder of the universe

Altered Beast/Alter me is unreal.

2b44f37ccfab7ed0c431af36a0bda79c.1000x10

39 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not a bad song on the whole album.

C8E99FA2-31E2-41DB-A709-F9D0BFBD5A1A.jpeg

Always get them mixed up Stereolab, I've honestly never bothered with Stereophonics, though I couldn't name a single song. Maybe I'll listen tonight.

Just now, Rick said:

King Gizzard & The Wizard Lizard - Murder of the universe

Altered Beast/Alter me is unreal.

I prefered their 'poppier' sounding stuff like Paper Mache Dream Ballon, but honestly King Gizz have an album for everyone. Excellent band. Definitely picked up the psych rock when Tame Impala drifted into alternative disco

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

Give this a try then. Have you heard of the band Killing Joke? They have an album that is self-titled that is pretty good imo.

Just now, Spike said:

I prefered their 'poppier' sounding stuff like Paper Mache Dream Ballon, but honestly King Gizz have an album for everyone. Excellent band. Definitely picked up the psych rock when Tame Impala drifted into alternative disco

Absolutely, the cover plenty of genres and sounds. Was thinking of recommending one of the early Tame Impala albums in here. Although I didnt mind Currents (its got some good tunes) its a shame the direction Tame Impala has went. The new album was cack.

20 minutes ago, Rick said:

Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 3

Fast and furious rap. Class.

x2 This is what I was going for if someone asked for Rap albums. One of my all time favourites.

Check "Thank you for your service... we got it from here"  by A Tribe Called Quest for something similar and equally brilliant.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Give this a try then. Have you heard of the band Killing Joke? They have an album that is self-titled that is pretty good imo.

Their best album is the one this song comes from, 'Night Time'. Love Like Blood is a mammoth track.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Absolutely, the cover plenty of genres and sounds. Was thinking of recommending one of the early Tame Impala albums in here. Although I didnt mind Currents (its got some good tunes) its a shame the direction Tame Impala has went. The new album was cack.

I liked the new album, a lot of people didn't so much. It took a long time for weird noveau disco stuff to click with me, but I think it is fun. He can't sing for shit though, and is awful live.

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Their best album is the one this song comes from, 'Night Time'. Love Like Blood is a mammoth track.

I like their sound. When someone made me listen to it the first time the energy was high and I really like that about bands.

Just now, Machado said:

x2 This is what I was going for if someone asked for Rap albums. One of my all time favourites.

Check "Thank you for your service... we got it from here"  by A Tribe Called Quest for something similar and equally brilliant.

The Low End Theory is a landmark hip-hop album, and very few artists in the genre can touch ATCQ. RTJ is fine but they are footnote compared to what QTip and the gang made in the 90s.

ATribeCalledQuestTheLowEndtheory.jpg

15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Try "A Million Degrees" by Emigrate. A side project by Rammstein's Kruspe.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

If you like GYBE check out other instrumental 'postrock' bands like Mogwai, Tortoise, and Don Caballero. 

Since you also like Cash and Cohen, I suggest Tim Buckley (the father of Jeff Buckley), he is a little more 'odd' but I feel he hits the mark on the weirder side of folk music.

Cheers. I'm not much of a Mogwai fan but never heard any of Tortoise or Don Caballero so will check them out tonight! I'm also quite eager to see what Tim Buckley is all about.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Nope, never! But reading that they have influenced the likes of Nirvana and Soundgarden I'm quite curious now. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

I like their sound. When someone made me listen to it the first time the energy was high and I really like that about bands.

They are a archetype of goth music, contrary to popular belief that goth is doom and gloom, it is actually meant to be dancy. Cheek out some of the work from Bauhaus, Peter Murphy, Siouxie Sioux, The Cure, and so on. Which of course bleeds into industrial, which is another doom and gloom dancey genre.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Machado said:

Try "A Million Degrees" by Emigrate. A side project by Rammstein's Kruspe.

I think I've been living under a rock for too long; how come I never even heard about him having a side gig? xD Cheers, will check it out.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

The Low End Theory is a landmark hip-hop album, and very few artists in the genre can touch ATCQ. RTJ is fine but they are footnote compared to what QTip and the gang made in the 90s.

ATribeCalledQuestTheLowEndtheory.jpg

It's brilliant. I just recommended their newer stuff as it's probably an easier listen to most people.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Spike said:

They are a archetype of goth music, contrary to popular belief that goth is doom and gloom, it is actually meant to be dancy. Cheek out some of the work from Bauhaus, Peter Murphy, Siouxie Sioux, The Cure, and so on. Which of course bleeds into industrial, which is another doom and gloom dancey genre.

I like most of these bands/artists already and I particular like that almost synth bass sound that was around back then that sort of made its way back with all these synth-wave music albums that came out about 2 years ago. 

9 minutes ago, Rick said:

I'd recommend all of Tame Impala :P Slow Rush is the obvious progression of Kevin's music after Currents and I loved it, but I can see why people who are more into their first album didn't like it. It's more psychedelic than ever but in each album there's more synth and less guitar. Still his last two albums do so much more for me than his first.

Maybe passe to our Brtish members but shoegaze, madchester, and britpop are wonderful scenes that developed many amazing bands

My bloody valentine

ride

slowdive

happy mondays

inspiral carpets

stone roses

lush (<3 miki)

the charlatans

the verve

blur (their musical chops extend past parklife mind you)

pulp

elastica

yadda yadda yadda

the auteurs

Archived