talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Working From Home

football forum

• Subscriber

A know a few of us are working from home whilst all of this lockdown stuff is going on but who has had to put up with the following:

• Excessive amounts of video calls
  • Digital socials eg. quizzes and games
  • Digital wellness eg. virtual yoga, meditation etc

And that's just the work-related stuff. There's plenty of strange things about working from home like the cats stamping on your keyboard or kids getting in the background of video calls.

Working in radio/media means a lot of my colleagues are spending time with a duvet over their head to make their presenting or news bulletins soundproof which is always fun to see the photos of.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Pyfish posted 1 hour ago:

There's plenty of strange things about working from home like the cats stamping on your keyboard.

_________________________________________________________________

Is your cat named Molly?  xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:
  • Digital socials eg. quizzes and games
  • Digital wellness eg. virtual yoga, meditation etc

I think I would rage quit if any of this happened regularly xD

• Administrator

Being able to work outside today in the garden making the most of the weather is helping. Was getting fed up of constantly being stuck inside when I'm used to being out and about as part of my working day/working week.

Had lots of emoji games - sports teams, films etc.

Across our team we have a quiz on Wednesdays on Teams. Can be a bit hectic at times!

We've cut down on our video calls. First 7-10 days of lockdown and shortly before we had them pretty much every day. Although that's partly because no-one knew what the fuck was going on or how the fuck it would impact us so we were all working on a day-to-day basis in terms of changes that affect us. Now cut down to 3 a week for our team which is easier. 

Just got a message in the group chat thing on Microsoft Teams. Janet has had me dying here. You’ll all be crying when I tell you what she’s said...

”I’m off home now guys hehe 😜

to which a comedian I work with has said this:

”hope the hallway traffic isn’t too bad tonight hehe *wine emoji*”. 

Least I don’t have to listen to these whoppers in person. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Just got a message in the group chat thing on Microsoft Teams. Janet has had me dying here. You’ll all be crying when I tell you what she’s said...

”I’m off home now guys hehe 😜

to which a comedian I work with has said this:

”hope the hallway traffic isn’t too bad tonight hehe *wine emoji*”. 

Least I don’t have to listen to these whoppers in person. 

Oh god I would have handed in my notice there and then.

My working from home software basically counts you as being Away From Keyboard whenever you're not dealing with a customer. 

Issue is, we're extremely quiet atm and so I'm spending long stretches of time sitting waiting for a call to come through. I'm now being emailed by my boss enquiring why I'm away from my desk all the time, and even why Im signing off early - meaning that if I press "Ready" with five minutes left of my shift, and I log out on time, with no customer having gotten through in those 5 minutes, I'm counted as leaving early. 

In fact, the better and more quickly I help people, the "less" work I'm doing because my amount of time spent speaking on the phone, as opposed to waiting for a new customer, is less. 

So the only solution is to somehow force more customers to call, and do my work more slowly. 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Inverted said:

My working from home software basically counts you as being Away From Keyboard whenever you're not dealing with a customer. 

Issue is, we're extremely quiet atm and so I'm spending long stretches of time sitting waiting for a call to come through. I'm now being emailed by my boss enquiring why I'm away from my desk all the time, and even why Im signing off early - meaning that if I press "Ready" with five minutes left of my shift, and I log out on time, with no customer having gotten through in those 5 minutes, I'm counted as leaving early. 

In fact, the better and more quickly I help people, the "less" work I'm doing because my amount of time spent speaking on the phone, as opposed to waiting for a new customer, is less. 

So the only solution is to somehow force more customers to call, and do my work more slowly. 

Some sort of a call center? I feel for you. By far the worst job I ever had; never again. 

We're doing a Friday drinks hour at 5pm which is a nice social catch up.

People are trying to do a lunch catch up where we do the quiz in the newspaper via Skype (which was an office tradition) but to be honest what I'm struggling most with at that point in the day is the need to get away from a screen for 40 minutes, and actually take some steps. 

4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Our sales team all have their webcams on for conference calls and are starting to get tetchy with us data lot not doing it. 

You probably don't because if you are anything like my daughter you are still wandering around in your jimmy jams at 11am

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Probably depends on what comes from the Government meeting this evening. 

Yea, I think it's a minimum of 3 weeks for a business to qualify for it, They can either extend it or bring you back after that... 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

You probably don't because if you are anything like my daughter you are still wandering around in your jimmy jams at 11am

True. I look like a tramp. However some of the sales lot on screen haven't shaved since this started :4_joy:

Nothing says personal hygiene collapse like that.

Only worked one day from home, since this started.

I was told I would have to use my remaining vacation days (6 of a total of 22 per year), so next Thursday I'm 'on vacations' until the 23rd. Then, I have fuck all for the rest of the year.

• Subscriber

There's someone at one of the other radio stations in our network who has started a 'Sheep' style game with everyone over email. I went out in the first round. Standard.

19 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

started a 'Sheep' style game with everyone over email. I went out in the first round. Standard.

A Sheep knockout game??? @Bluebird Hewitt knows a similar game I think, except his involves running round naked in the farmers field in welly boots late at night with a torch.... 

Archived