How much  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How much

• 0% Not at all fucking bellends proper cunts i feel sorry for their birds
    • 25% The are usually massively incompetent & abuse power
    • 50% I take everything with a pinch of salt
    • 75% They only hide things about which they know little about
    • 100% Totally Mr. Trump is a gentleman he never swears

After the stupidity, misinformation, uncertainty and lying shown by almost every country dealing with corona. 

How much do you distrust/trust your governments ? who are supposed to protect us from these things right ?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

America? 0% - not just for the total incompetence of the current president. Their jaunts throughout the world from the middle-east to south-America, more than prove that the CIA has spooks that can twist and influence the world more than we could ever know.

Australia? Depends on the current government. 0% for the Liberal Party, because they are a caricacture of incompetence. They are the slow prefect at a private high-school that obviously really struggles with homework, but occasionally gets good marks because it copies the Labor Party's homework; and then bullies them for knowing their stuff. I don't even think the Liberal Party is evil like the Chinese Government or the American, they are just silly little boys playing at grown up games, and like to move the chess pieces around the board to help their rich friends earn 0.002% more money while bleeding the future of the country dry. 

I went with 25% simply because there are certain standards that are to be upheld by any government in Britain that means you can often enjoy a good quality of life. 75% being politicians are difficult to trust as it is, Blair was “great” until he started murdering his way through the Middle East for £££. But also the Tories are simply the worst of the worst in Britain for putting private companies needs before the nations. Patel has literally just come out with a plea to support victims of domestic violence throughout this pandemic, yet the Tories have consistently cut funds to domestic violence support which essentially helps encourage abusers. Something like 20k people last year denied support due to lack of resources.

But for some balance I don’t believe a Labour government, centrist or far left will solve our problems. I have little faith in our current democratic system, the way Brexit was won just highlights how much of a lie democracy is for me, whether you’re for or against it there’s little proof to suggest that racism and xenophobia wasn’t at the core of its campaign. The way groups of people with vested interests use systemic discrimination based around race, class, sex and sexuality to mould the general public into thinking in certain ways to benefit themselves financially just makes me think democracy is (and has been for a long time I imagine) largely done for.

I realise that sounds like the thoughts of a 17 year old whose just opened up an A Level sociology book...and I’m aware that there are good people and good systems in place that let me lead a fairly good quality of life, but still. Done with it in its current form but like most of the general public have no idea what the better system is.

I voted 0% because I’m a foreigner living in the US during a global pandemic under the Trump administration.

I’d probably say 10% if I was back home. But these people (the people that make up most governments) don’t have most peoples interests in mind.

But ideally you live in a country where the government understands that the bare minimum of what a government should do is act for the safety and best interest of the people living in that country. Some countries have that more than most

• Subscriber

Not only this government but all that gain power, they make all their promises what they are going to do, get into power then see all the mess the last government did then backtrack what they promised to do, a never-ending story.  :coffee: 

50% I take everything with a pinch of salt

• 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Went with zero just because who can you really trust in the government when it comes to the people's best interests anymore? No one really. Even the good ones stay long enough to reveal their ineptitude.

I would have gone for 75% but then I saw you attached to 50% that you trust them but take everything with a grain of salt.I totally agree with that statement. Everyone should take literally everything they are ever told by anyone with a grain of salt.

Archived