talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tim Brooke-Taylor Dies Aged 79

football forum

• Subscriber

FFS, another great has passed away, R.I.P. Tim, our thought go with you and all the loved ones you left behind.

_111763683_004152510.jpg

Comedian Tim Brooke-Taylor has passed away at the age of 79 after contracting coronavirus, his agent has confirmed to the BBC.

The comedian and actor, best known for The Goodies and I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, died on Sunday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52262490

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes - one of the most respected 'silly' guys of the best years of BBC Comedy - his ability to be the little guy  bullied and still smile gave loads of kids a belief that there was a better way of doing things - that part of his legacy will not be forgotten.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

R.I.P 

Used to love the Goodies.... another part of my childhood gone

They were at there peak when there were comedy and comedians greats everywhere, a Golden era for me and the wife, sad.

One of my players had a major op - the second one of a Keio ligament implant in the knee and performed in Harrogate the first had been done in Middlesborough - and Dr Grahaem Garden did a BBC cover of it.  During that we discussed many things and his respect and real love for Tim shone through - not often you see a demonstration of real, genuine affection between 'stars'.  Tim could be that guy!

I used to watch the Goodies a lot as well, on reruns on ABC I believe, also had a DVD at one point. It's more my parents generation though, I imagine @Harry @Toinho parents watched it as well. 

Some proper inappropriate stuff as well, I almost choked of laughter at 10 years old when Graeme put on a gollywog blackface and got thumped by a black pudding. Can still find gollywog dolls in Australia as well, more of a curiosity than an actual doll. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

I used to watch the Goodies a lot as well, on reruns on ABC I believe, also had a DVD at one point. It's more my parents generation though, I imagine @Harry @Toinho parents watched it as well. 

Some proper inappropriate stuff as well, I almost choked of laughter at 10 years old when Graeme put on a gollywog blackface and got thumped by a black pudding. Can still find gollywog dolls in Australia as well, more of a curiosity than an actual doll. 

My father is a huge fan.

• The title was changed to Tim Brooke-Taylor Dies Aged 79
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived