talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

COVIDIOTS

football forum

• Administrator

Think it's best to keep these kinds of stories separate away from the news aspect of the other article.

TWATS. Or as @Bluebird Hewitt would say, thick fucking cunts...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-52277535

A family claimed a 500-mile round Lake District trip was acceptable if they wore masks and gloves, police said.

They were stopped by officers in Lancashire as they enforced the coronavirus lockdown rules.

The family admitted driving from Greater London on Easter Monday.

Lancashire Police issued the driver with a fine and sent them back home. The family were criticised as "absolute idiots" and called "clowns" after the force posted about it on Twitter.

uk-england-lancashire-52277535

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/grimsby-news/man-climbs-onto-roof-papas-4041271

The eerie silence of lockdown Cleethorpes was broken when a man climbed onto the roof of the Pier and began shouting at passers-by about his love of fish and chips.

The bizarre incident was caught on camera by a local resident who said the man must have been “bored in isolation” and sounded like he was "definitely on something".

In the footage, which was taken at around 3.30pm on Saturday, the man dressed in a T-shirt and shorts, sits between the giant ‘P’ and ‘A’ of the Papas signage on the roof of the fish and chip restaurant.

:clown:

• 4 weeks later...

One of the 11 McDonald's open for delivery is not far from me. However we aren't in the boundary. Yesterday we were out for a walk when we saw a couple sitting on a bench eating McDonalds. They'd clearly walked to the boundary just to have McDonald's delivered to them on the bench. Absolute cringe.

• Subscriber

I never saw this new thread so I will put this in here about 2 fucking idiots I saw yesterday, I put this in the Are You Scared/Worried About Coronavirus? thread in reply to a post from Danny. 

I managed to go to Tesco's yesterday early when it was quiet with my mask on for some protection which I know is not a 100% but with my health issues it helps.

Now Tescos here have marked up the floors with arrows where you have to follow the arrows up all the aisles one way only and keep a distance from the person in front of you, yesterday I was walking up an aisle following the arrows and doing some shopping and a couple in front of me (husband & wife I presume) was going the wrong way and not following the direction of the arrows.

I politely said "You are going the wrong way, you have to follow the arrows", the guy just laughed and I presume the lady was his wife shrugged her shoulders and said, "So what?", and kept walking the wrong way laughing with the guy.

It's bastards like these that could not give a shit about recommended advice on trying not to get the virus and do things their own way and it's bastards like these who would kick up almighty shit if they did get the Coronavirus and blame everybody else except their own fucking selves, people like these are fucking morons.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Have seen that people have driven the approx 30 miles or so to get a McDonalds in Chelmsford. McDonalds of all things, though. Madness. 

Did you see the fume on Twitter the other day? McDonalds announced the 15 chains opening and they were all in the south-east/east region.

So much desperation in the replies xD 

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Have seen that people have driven the approx 30 miles or so to get a McDonalds in Chelmsford. McDonalds of all things, though. Madness. 

I thought they weren’t opening till the 13th?

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Mine especially.

That was my favourite :x 

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

I thought they weren’t opening till the 13th?

Probably doing what @Harvsky alluded to - getting it delivered and driving to be within the postcode area

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Welcome to the gang Sol Campbell. He’s taken to sharing conspiracy theories about Covid and the susceptibility of it infecting ethnic minorities.

No, seriously. 

Is that the blood type thing he was spouting? Saw a glimpse of it but didn't look in to it properly. Because it was Sol Campbell.

• Subscriber

FFS, day-trippers for a day out :dam:

Quote.thumb.png.91480d5a3a3c013b33170b096943d3b4.png

Day trip trio from Slough spark Dorset coast cliff rescue

9012b1d3-78ec-4a35-9944-00d438486e03.thumb.png.a5e0d16729e3e93717d280dd3a6034c5.png

Three people who travelled from Berkshire to the Dorset coast for a day out sparked a major rescue operation after getting cut off by the tide.

Lifeboats, a helicopter, ambulance and police were involved in the rescue of two of them from cliffs at Old Harry Rocks near Swanage on Thursday evening.

The third person had swum to Studland Bay to raise the alarm.

Swanage Coastguard said the apparent breach of lockdown restrictions was being dealt with by Dorset Police.

The coastguard report said the three had travelled from Slough and walked from Studland to the famous rock formation when they got cut off by the tide and ended up in the sea.

A call was made to emergency services at about 19:45 BST.

Swanage RNLI said the two rescued from the cliff ledge had suffered cuts and scrapes and all three were checked over by paramedics after spending some time in the water.

"To help protect the public and our volunteers, we urge people to take care at the coast and follow government guidelines to travel and exercise close to home," an RNLI spokesman said.

Dorset Police has been asked to comment.

e86385b8-7be7-4359-be26-a1bcd2ec751f.thumb.png.d0f7e85f23ab67615aad19b2a4213205.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52588352

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

FFS, day-trippers for a day out :dam:

Quote.thumb.png.91480d5a3a3c013b33170b096943d3b4.png

Day trip trio from Slough spark Dorset coast cliff rescue

9012b1d3-78ec-4a35-9944-00d438486e03.thumb.png.a5e0d16729e3e93717d280dd3a6034c5.png

Three people who travelled from Berkshire to the Dorset coast for a day out sparked a major rescue operation after getting cut off by the tide.

Lifeboats, a helicopter, ambulance and police were involved in the rescue of two of them from cliffs at Old Harry Rocks near Swanage on Thursday evening.

The third person had swum to Studland Bay to raise the alarm.

Swanage Coastguard said the apparent breach of lockdown restrictions was being dealt with by Dorset Police.

The coastguard report said the three had travelled from Slough and walked from Studland to the famous rock formation when they got cut off by the tide and ended up in the sea.

A call was made to emergency services at about 19:45 BST.

Swanage RNLI said the two rescued from the cliff ledge had suffered cuts and scrapes and all three were checked over by paramedics after spending some time in the water.

"To help protect the public and our volunteers, we urge people to take care at the coast and follow government guidelines to travel and exercise close to home," an RNLI spokesman said.

Dorset Police has been asked to comment.

e86385b8-7be7-4359-be26-a1bcd2ec751f.thumb.png.d0f7e85f23ab67615aad19b2a4213205.png

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52588352

@DeadLinesman just the 200 mile round trip. Taking up several different emergency services. It's fine though because the amount of people dying near cliffs is less than those dying of Covid-19. 

:what: xD

Had to go out and do a bit of shopping today and the amount of people that are out and about in general is high, a lot higher than even this time last week, seems as though people are choosing to ignore the stay indoors requests and some ( and this includes the shops ) are not really enforcing the safe distance rules either anymore, anyone would think there is nothing going on at all in the world.. people even had their kids running around all over the shop uncontrolled, some are not even trying to be good about it.. 

I don't tend to get over emotional about things like this but the reality is that this kills people. Are the majority of the public unable to even read anymore unless it comes via a tweet or a meme of some description??? No matter how cautious you try to be about these things there are times you need to go out and at the moment it just feels as though your own health is left to chance by these people who clearly don't give a fuck thinking the worst is over like it's all just vanished overnight.. I get people don't like to be locked away day and night but use a bit of common sense when you are out if there is such a thing left these days... 

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Stan said:

This is what we have to deal with in the UK. 

Bloody idiots, I bet they rushed indoors after and checked the net or tv to see if they could spot themselves, I am a private person tbh and a few times in my life I have been stopped by tv interviewers asking if I would comment on an issue or later and I have said "No thanks" and just walked away.  

Around here it's not to bad with things like that and the clapping bit, I think I have only seen from our flat window a few people up the road (about 3 or 4) standing outside doing this clapping bit and someone taking a mobile screenshot, it lasted about 5 minutes and when no one else joined in they just disappeared and have not seen them do that again since.

Archived