talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

COVIDIOTS

football forum

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I live in Wollongong 

I heard you had some lovely beaches there, as I said I have only been to Bondi in your neck of the woods but Surfers Paradise is the place to go for great beaches and 'cresters' (waves) for surfing or body surfing.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Loads have been out in numbers lately. You wouldn't even think there had been a virus now in many ways.

Yeah same here, can only think infections will go up with how people are willingly leaving the house all the time

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

There were some lovely beaches in Melbourne when I was there but the best one was in Surfers Paradise when I went to do a bit of body surfing in the late '60s, stopped at Bondi beach for a day but that beach was not that great.

These days Bondi itself is still an average beach but the area is full of cafes and restaurants that make it seem better. Great food on offer, especially at Speedos, but plenty of better beaches available if you can drive 

• Subscriber

Adding my mum to the Covidiots. She thinks going to her new fellas house and staying over is 'fine' as he has been careful when out and about and so has she. FFS.

On 21/05/2020 at 11:54, CaaC (John) said:

I think I will go to one of those beaches and scare the shite out of them with my filtered face mask on  xD

download.png.2f605f0798833ab0c3a25e9ef932cb04.png

Join if I saw you I would run in the opposite direction 😂

20 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Ladies and gentlemen, an area with the second highest number of deaths at present in Wales having house parties, especially among younger people. 

Screenshot_20200526_110037_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.e4df1bcab4f1bc706ad95dd8de38479f.jpg

No doubt these will be the same lot clapping on doorsteps on Thursdays and blaming the government(s). 

I don't think they will be though. These people likely have little interest politics from my experience and just see that the 'stay at home' message has been dropped and think they can do what they like now

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I don't think they will be though. These people likely have little interest politics from my experience and just see that the 'stay at home' message has been dropped and think they can do what they like now

Not in Wales. The Welsh Government rejected the 'stay alert' message and ours is still the 'stay at home' message. At least until the end of the week. 

I agree that they likely aren't interested in politics but you know they'll need a scapegoat if something happened. 

A bit of a theory here, but I was wondering if this applies to the UK as well.

I've noticed since it's gotten warmer thanks to Spring, on every warm day there's tons of people outside. Some with their friends and there are lots of cars driving. I wish they would know that spring weather does not mean end of pandemic. I didn't see all these people out when it was 5 or below.

Thankfully I live in the suburbs so it's not so densely populated and we're not really in much danger, but it's a bit eye opening how thick people can be. Especially Toronto itself. I know this especially applies to the USA as well with those near Florida and South Carolina.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

A bit of a theory here, but I was wondering if this applies to the UK as well.

I've noticed since it's gotten warmer thanks to Spring, on every warm day there's tons of people outside. Some with their friends and there are lots of cars driving. I wish they would know that spring weather does not mean end of pandemic. I didn't see all these people out when it was 5 or below.

Yes.

People have been in lockdown for 9-10 weeks and with some various mixed messages, they've taken it on themselves to go to the beach/parks/open areas - they may all socially distance which is fine.

It begs the question though - why would all these people be out when it's cold anyway? 

Warmer weather naturally brings more people out, even more so when they're desperate to enjoy the weather but maintain the social distance when they can. I don't think anyone necessarily believes spring weather means end of pandemic - they should (they won't) realise though the risk that being in a crowded area increases the risk of infection and catching the virus though...

I just think it's going to start being a free for all now.... Some people are still being sensible about it but there are so many more that are happy to take their chances around large groups and gatherings especially when it's warmer out... The Government have lost the ability to control it, as they ease more and more restrictions people are just going to make their own minds up on what they want to do and who they see, where they go etc... 

I don't know if there will be consequences because of it ( A second wave ) or not, we will just have to see I suppose... 

8 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I just think it's going to start being a free for all now.... Some people are still being sensible about it but there are so many more that are happy to take their chances around large groups and gatherings especially when it's warmer out... The Government have lost the ability to control it, as they ease more and more restrictions people are just going to make their own minds up on what they want to do and who they see, where they go etc... 

I don't know if there will be consequences because of it ( A second wave ) or not, we will just have to see I suppose... 

This is something I've said since the beginning. I don't get what people are expecting the Government(s) to do in regards to controlling people's movements and actions. 

Unless you turn into somewhere like China, it's impossible to get everyone to listen and stick to rules. We're still in lockdown in Wales, yet there are more cars on the road now than that any other time since lockdown began (despite driving only being allowed for essential travel) and people are breaking lockdown rules anyway. We opened recycling centres recently and all of a sudden, there was a reported two hour queue. To dump stuff at a recycling centre. 

While a good amount will stick to the rules, there are also many asswanks who simply don't have an ounce of common sense or are the type that'll piss off to the beach and then complain that there's too many people there. 

To summarise, people simply can't be controlled. They can easily listen but the sheer ignorance and selfishness of people will mean that they simply won't listen. I cna guarantee that the same will happen in Wales if they relax restrictions as while we're taking a more cautious approach, it can't stay like this for much longer. 

10 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

To summarise, people simply can't be controlled. They can easily listen but the sheer ignorance and selfishness of people will mean that they simply won't listen. I cna guarantee that the same will happen in Wales if they relax restrictions as while we're taking a more cautious approach, it can't stay like this for much longer. 

I do think that a lot of it has to do with their experience of it as well, For a lot of people they won't have known anyone, that even had it let alone died from it and that can breed complacency, so many will be shrugging it off as an over reaction and therefore something that can be taken lightly... Our place has not had a single person that has had it yet and that's over 200+ employees but people forget that our company already had a high level of hygiene in place and was very quick to enforce the social distancing and shift change times as well as furloughing high risk employees and getting the office staff to work from home as soon as they could and that will be among some of the reasons we have been fortunate, without those actions/restrictions though things could have been very different.. 

But yea, unless you had a total lockdown situation, Police and Army on the streets type scenario you will never control people effectively...  

You are all assuming the government doing nothing about current rules being broken on the scale they are is because they can't do anything that will work, as opposed to it being that it doesn't actually matter that they are being broken (on that scale).

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Yes.

People have been in lockdown for 9-10 weeks and with some various mixed messages, they've taken it on themselves to go to the beach/parks/open areas - they may all socially distance which is fine.

It begs the question though - why would all these people be out when it's cold anyway? 

Warmer weather naturally brings more people out, even more so when they're desperate to enjoy the weather but maintain the social distance when they can. I don't think anyone necessarily believes spring weather means end of pandemic - they should (they won't) realise though the risk that being in a crowded area increases the risk of infection and catching the virus though...

Fair enough - though I was certainly curious. I went out to walk the dog just now and there are people every 5 steps.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Not so much idiots due to breaking rules or restrictions idiotically, but more why the trip was made. 

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/mcdonalds-mega-fans-drive-250-18321304

Baffling really, especiay as they're due to reopen in the next week or so. 

Of course they drive a Fiat 500 xD 

Idiot application definitely approved on this. No-one needs a McDonald's that desperately. Maybe that's a smokescreen to escape Hull. 

"It was definitely a ‘F*** it’ moment which actually ended up costing me a lot of money. But I’d do it all again. It was so worth it."

Think they need to re-evaluate part of their lives if this has been the highlight of it so far.

16 hours ago, Harvsky said:

You are all assuming the government doing nothing about current rules being broken on the scale they are is because they can't do anything that will work, as opposed to it being that it doesn't actually matter that they are being broken (on that scale).

It's impossible to social distance in big cities anyway. Most of them have, not thousands, but millions too many people living in them.

How can you social distance in London, for example, when there are 9 million living there, what can you do? 

It's even same around here nowadays because of the ever expanding university. Every pub, club, or any other old building are turned into student accommodation and now they are tearing through forests and fields on the outskirts, to build more shit houses and accommodation. Then people wonder why there are suddenly so many floods. The drainage systems can't cope. 

A virus is it its element in today's world.

• Administrator
Just now, Carnivore Chris said:

How can you social distance in London, for example, when there are 9 million living there, what can you do? 

You know it's not just houses, flats and buildings there right? 

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Of course they drive a Fiat 500 xD 

Idiot application definitely approved on this. No-one needs a McDonald's that desperately. Maybe that's a smokescreen to escape Hull. 

Think they need to re-evaluate part of their lives if this has been the highlight of it so far.

I was more concerned about how Lady Gaga would start a 'mini rave'. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I was more concerned about how Lady Gaga would start a 'mini rave'. 

Was definitely just them 2 in a car looking like absolute bellends.

• Subscriber

TBH it's not to bad up this way, you still get the odd arseholes who think they are god almighty and can do what they want but people seemed to be listening to Nicola Sturgeon and the easing of her parties Lockdown.

Princess Street in Edinburgh is dead as a dodo, I went on the bus the other day down there and I hardly saw anybody and the trams were rumbling by with just the driver aboard and the only places I saw open with security at the door was The £ shop and Marks & Spencers.

100991413_142535417394436_4704206468751032320_n.thumb.jpg.4c9df1483ab9df7c56085e7fc6009fc4.jpg

100678761_142535357394442_1409516191038308352_n.thumb.jpg.c3993ffa21a8842672dce63495ace99b.jpg

Archived