• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

COVIDIOTS

football forum

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I wonder if things like this is what drives media confidence down as @Harvsky alluded to in the main thread. 

To be fair the World Health Organisation recommend only 3ft social distancing. People from the same household obviously don't need to stand 2 metres apart. The question with these pictures of crowds therefore becomes what is the gap between households. We can't determine that. 

There's a restaurant here in Düsseldorf that has several Michelin Stars etc. and the french chef posted on his facebook page that they're re-opening, and added "Asians not welcome". Well, people reacted accordingly and now he's deleting everything but I think he just ran his business into the ground. What a racist idiot. 

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

There's a restaurant here in Düsseldorf that has several Michelin Stars etc. and the french chef posted on his facebook page that they're re-opening, and added "Asians not welcome". Well, people reacted accordingly and now he's deleting everything but I think he just ran his business into the ground. What a racist idiot. 

wtf

Proper fucked up that. 

On 10/05/2020 at 16:39, Stan said:

Idiot application - APPROVED! 

The best is when the copper smacks him in the face, but sort of refrains himself from hitting him properly at the same time xD.  If it wasn't for the modern world where everybody has cameras out, those coppers would have had him down an alley and fucked him up.

Here in San Diego county, although pretty far from where I'm at in the county... in a part of the county that is referred to by the locals as "Klantee" and "Santucky" called Santee we've seen these incidents in recent weeks.

A man wearing a KKK hood while shopping: https://timesofsandiego.com/business/2020/05/03/sheriff-launches-criminal-probe-of-man-wearing-kkk-hood-at-santee-vons/ (SD Sheriffs Dept said he won't be charged, and that he "wasn't intended to make a racial statement" - although I don't know how they came to the conclusion someone wearing a KKK hood isn't a racial statement). I suspect that's got something to do with that neighborhood's pro-Klan tendencies tbh (btw I was told on these forums that the Klan only exists in films and that it's not a serious group xD, mental).

Then later in the same community we had this shitbag: https://timesofsandiego.com/crime/2020/05/08/shopper-in-swastika-mask-posts-video-of-quarrel-with-santee-deputies/

Interesting to see the far-right are taking offense to being told "hey be careful that you don't infect anyone in case they might die" and are feeling the need to make racially divisive statements with their face masks in probably the most racially divided country in the Western World... even though it's not really a racial issue at all.

I know it's dumb to go out on unnecessary trips and all but one thing that riles me up even more is fucking thick-headed cops gloating on social media about arresting people over breaking lockdown. Or these vaguely threatening videos saying things to the effect of "if you go outside we'll arrest you" a little too gleefully. Yeah, I get it, this lockdown has enabled you to go on an unprecedented power trip, now pull your head out of your essential ass and have some dignity about it.

15 minutes ago, Panflute said:

I know it's dumb to go out on unnecessary trips and all but one thing that riles me up even more is fucking thick-headed cops gloating on social media about arresting people over breaking lockdown. Or these vaguely threatening videos saying things to the effect of "if you go outside we'll arrest you" a little too gleefully. Yeah, I get it, this lockdown has enabled you to go on an unprecedented power trip, now pull your head out of your essential ass and have some dignity about it.

There is no branch of the state or institution that has damaged their reputation so much via their social media as the police force, even before the Covid stuff began. Someone of the things they post is at best misguided and at worst chilling. I think it was Bedfordshire Police over here who posted a photo of their shadows on patrol, captioned something like 'We will always find you'. I hate to say this as it is so sadly misused today, but it was something straight out of 1984. Thankfully everyone, regardless of politics or background etc. calls them out more often than not, but it makes you really wonder sometimes.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Panflute said:

There was a video going round here a few weeks ago of a copper or a police force saying 'if you break the lockdown rules, we will be knocking on your door'.

Well that's handy, because they'll be out won't they so what's the point of knocking xD 

• Administrator

An idiot for going out when he should have been in quarantine.

Even more so for posting pictures of it on social media xD 

A 23-year-old tourist from New York was arrested in Hawaii on Friday for violating the state's mandatory quarantine rule.

He arrived on O'ahu on Monday and posted several pictures of himself on Instagram, the Hawaii governor's office said.

The man is said to have left his hotel room on the day he arrived and travelled to many places by public transport, when he should have been in quarantine.

"Authorities became aware of his social media posts from citizens who saw posts of him - on the beach with a surfboard, sunbathing, and walking around Waikiki at night," the statement said.

Hawaii requires visitors to the islands to self-quarantine for 14 days, without leaving their hotel room or residence.

Idiot application: APPROVED.

• Administrator

30 people attended an outdoor baby shower, including allowing kids to play together on a bouncy castle.

You can guarantee, surely, that they're also moaning about their kids schools/classrooms being full despite allowing their own to play together anyway :what:

Seen ones today of police breaking up a rave in Shropshire, and an author who went to his holiday home on the Isle of Skye... from Auckland, New Zealand. Why are people such fucking morons?

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Screenshot_20200518_145013.thumb.jpg.789c21a38fb2f01120439389ebde51c5.jpg

Does this pass the idiot application @Stan

Oh god yes. 

I mean, the Midlands is bad but why go to Wales as an alternative :ph34r:?

La Barceloneta, Barcelona (reportedly 18 May 2020). I am not sure about the date but they are giving some validity here, here, and here. If confirmed, the sheer density of cities, plus lack of open areas plus the idiocy of people make for a bizarre mix during a pandemic.

On 18/05/2020 at 11:15, Stan said:

Unbelievable. 

How thick is she?! 

I think she is complaining about people not keeping 2 metres apart. 

• Administrator

This is what happens when you release the message of 'stay alert, stay at home as much as possible' but at the same time open up parks, and beaches and allow unlimited 'exercise'. 

• Subscriber

This is what happens when you release the message of 'stay alert, stay at home as much as possible' but at the same time open up parks, and beaches and allow unlimited 'exercise'. 

Bloody hell, I lived down there for quite a few years and walked up and down the promenade shown in that tweet and the arcades on the front, been on the beach and only ever ONCE went into the water when I first came back from Australia, the tide was in and I did not know what was underneath but I soon found out when I walked back on the beach and all my feet were covered in black mud and oil, that's the Kent estuary in the background where ships pass and oil tankers and you get a lot of shit come from the ship as jetsam.   xD

Archived