talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

COVIDIOTS

football forum

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

This is what happens when you release the message of 'stay alert, stay at home as much as possible' but at the same time open up parks, and beaches and allow unlimited 'exercise'. 

Looks like a fucking swamp rather than a beach.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I saw a video the other day where one woman took her family on a 70 mile trip to Devon and was then complaining to a tv reporter because 2,000 other people did the same thing.. laughable

I think its this one that @Stan posted and as he said  "Unbelievable. How thick is she?! "

I'm sorry but I can't stop thinking about the absolute state of that beach. Is this what happens when the Canaries are closed off? That Southend beach looks like Shreks personal bathing spot xD

The question is whether it matters?

Most people there are 2m distance between groups. The queue it shows people 2m. No rules really broken. 

We are allowed to sit around in parks now primarily because the early research is suggesting the virus does not spread well outdoors. You weren't allowed to stop still early on because we didn't know that. We didn't know much. 

Contamination and spread is largely dependent on being in a confined space with someone infected. Public transport for example is a big no no.

The people I know breaking the actual rules, as in mixing households, they know full well that they are breaking the rules. Government slogans have little to do with that.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Looks like a fucking swamp rather than a beach.

You said it, and as I said I went up to that beach with my fair dinkum brother-in-law who stood there watching me run into the water with a big Aussie grin on his face and I yelled out why don't you come in and he yelled back "No fucking thanks", as I said too when I walked out of the water and looked at my feet all covered in black mud and oil and said WTF?, he said "Now you know why I don't swim in that oil of dump water, it's not like Aussie beaches cobber"

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I'm sorry but I can't stop thinking about the absolute state of that beach. Is this what happens when the Canaries are closed off? That Southend beach looks like Shreks personal bathing spot xD

Beaches always have looked different from places like the Canaries. Don't need a video like above to tell you that! 

7 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The question is whether it matters?

Most people there are 2m distance between groups. The queue it shows people 2m. No rules really broken. 

We are allowed to sit around in parks now primarily because the early research is suggesting the virus does not spread well outdoors. You weren't allowed to stop still early on because we didn't know that. We didn't know much. 

Contamination and spread is largely dependent on being in a confined space with someone infected. Public transport for example is a big no no.

The people I know breaking the actual rules, as in mixing households, they know full well that they are breaking the rules. Government slogans have little to do with that.

Well in that one moment in the video, yes, perhaps. But as more people perhaps join throughout the day, it becomes more crowded. Then you have the lack of space and therefore it becomes confined, no? 

Surely if there was nothing wrong at all with being in such a place it would be stated as such? Like stay 2m away from everyone in a supermarket, indoor spaces unless you're on a beach where it's fine because it's outdoors? 

Sorry if I've misunderstood your post! 

• Administrator
Just now, Inti Brian said:

The sand is at least better than what we have in Lima, but our water doesn't look like a swamp

Miraflores Beach - Lima: Get the Detail of Miraflores Beach on ...

Those buildings look perilously close to edge! 

• Subscriber

kynance-cove.jpg

One of our Swamps in Cornwall...

Cornwell beaches are ace and if I had to compare any beaches like Aussie beaches then the likes of St Ives, Penzance & Newquay are the Bees Knees when I came back from a tour of duty in NI, me and my army buddy drove up to them places and spent 4 glorious days on the beach and towns, sleeping in his car, I would not say the sands are golden like Aussie beaches but great.  

On 18/05/2020 at 11:15, Stan said:

Unbelievable. 

How thick is she?! 

In fairness to her you can go places and still social distance...a lot of people just don’t and their idea of social distancing can be “sorry mate was looking at me phone”

13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah she clearly is but she's still daft.

Not really mate. She is going out but keeping two metres apart. She's complaining that others aren't.

3 hours ago, Inti Brian said:

Even in the nicest of weathers, it’s a festering pit of a town with an even worse beach. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Well in that one moment in the video, yes, perhaps. But as more people perhaps join throughout the day, it becomes more crowded. Then you have the lack of space and therefore it becomes confined, no? 

Surely if there was nothing wrong at all with being in such a place it would be stated as such? Like stay 2m away from everyone in a supermarket, indoor spaces unless you're on a beach where it's fine because it's outdoors? 

Sorry if I've misunderstood your post! 

I guess the point is that it is on the government website that you can sunbathe as long as you adhere to social distancing. It doesn't say there is a maximum number of people per square yard. Parks have been busy for over a week and there's been no decree about stopping it.

A lot of the outrage stems from people's imagination regarding what is and isn't safe.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

In fairness to her you can go places and still social distance...a lot of people just don’t and their idea of social distancing can be “sorry mate was looking at me phone”

Loads have been out in numbers lately. You wouldn't even think there had been a virus now in many ways.

18 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just defending the homeland mate... This is not the Alabama Swampland some think it is.... We don't do Snakes, Crocs or Voodoo over here.. 

Did I win then? My comment was 100% serious on Southends beach but I said it jokingly. I didn’t expect to fish up a mullet xD

2 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Did I win then? My comment was 100% serious on Southends beach but I said it jokingly. I didn’t expect to fish up a mullet xD

Even I will admit there are some beaches over here where I would rather walk around with marmite smeared all over my face for a day than take a swim in.... but not all.. :D

And there are no winners here, best you could hope for is a draw... 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Put it away @Bluewolf @CaaC (John) I have about 5 beaches superior to those in a 20 minute radius, and I only go to 2 of them 

There were some lovely beaches in Melbourne when I was there but the best one was in Surfers Paradise when I went to do a bit of body surfing in the late '60s, stopped at Bondi beach for a day but that beach was not that great.

Archived