talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question A Day

football forum

• Subscriber

Here he goes again... another game thought up whilst I was supposed to be working.

Each day, somebody will ask a question about anything. It can be serious, stupid, funny or damn weird (looking at you @MUFC). 

Whoever asks the question, nominates the next person at the same time.

So...

What is the first thing you're going to do when the lockdown restrictions where you live are lifted?

I nominate @Stan to ask a question tomorrow.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

What is the first thing you're going to do when the lockdown restrictions where you live are lifted?

I would have two choices, Take the wife out for a romantic meal with flowers/candles etc... or meet up with some mates down the pub... pretty straight forward choice really, just need to decide which pub to meet in.... 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I would have two choices, Take the wife out for a romantic meal with flowers/candles etc... or meet up with some mates down the pub... pretty straight forward choice really, just need to decide which pub to meet in.... 

What about a romantic evening with the wife and some mates at a pub??? xD 

• Subscriber

Wait a week so that everyone else struggles against the hordes that will make their way to bars they used to say things about like "Ewwww you go there its so dingy". Once their lack of faith in all places that Bangalore offers is restored to "Can't go there anymore" then i'll hit my favourite bars. 

• Subscriber

Probably visit my old man. Used to see him nearly every week as he doesnt really have anyone else. Its not that bad here but still not worth the risk being in close quarters with him as im still working (essential service) Weve caved a little bit as my better half and I had dinner with him at the park the other week, just keeping distance and not sharing things etc. Only a little sacrifice on the grand scheme of things but it is strange just not seeing your friends or family or being limited to skype calls or whatever the kids are using these days. The other thing ive missed alot is just the after hockey beers, bullshitting in the dressing room for a while, it was a nice escape. 

• Administrator

See my fiance. Difficult not seeing her :( last saw her on 21st March and looks like it'll be end of April next time could even see her. 

See my brother, sister in law and niece. We'd look after our niece in Thursdays and see them at the weekend so that's been difficult not to do. 

Meet up with mates and definitely go for a meal out. 

Already spoken about doing an all-nighter at someone's house and getting absolutely hammered when all this is over. 

• Subscriber

See relations and friends. Hope the weather is still hot so women are in flip flops. Go for a slap up steak, go town and do some shopping. In between listen to numerous stories on the virus from people. This alone will take weeks.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

It's @Stan's go to ask a burning question of the day at some point today :)

A burning question?

What's that burning sensation when I pee?

Anyway...

Quarantine has been extended indefinitely, in all countries, for another month (until 16th May). However, as we're all so special on TF365, we're the only ones that have been given special permission to leave home & visit 5 landmarks around the world in this time.
Travel and accommodation has been paid for (you can stay near the landmark if you wish). None of the landmarks you choose must be in the same country. You must visit alone. If someone else mentions the same landmark before you, you are not allowed to visit that one. 

Which 5 do you choose and why?

1. Paro Taktsang in Bhutan

Fun fact: To stay in Bhutan, you have to pay a $250 tariff per night.

3733c4355ac22a9b62bf2251c43570e6.png

2. Cape Froward in Chile 

Fun fact: Cape Froward is the southern most point of mainland South America, although there are islands south of it.

7d84e4dc63655ddf1b33ce8b39766294.png

3. Avenue of the Baobabs in Madagascar

Fun fact: Lots of flora and fauna are native to Madagascar and nowhere else on earth.

0b9b19942438f9057fab56d0ccd09209.png

4. Mt Thor and Mt Asgard in Canada (they are right beside each other essentially so they count as one)

Fun fact: This is en route to the/out of the arctic circle (depending on where you start the trek)

49e16b9d483d37b2f2445d72089d2c42.png

442afa0ef7854d51ea483c88319b134c.png

5. Christmas Island in Australia

Fun fact: Crabs often invade the island for breeding season. So much that they built seawalls so the crabs don't get squished by cars.

f3d9185f8bcba7f5bfc6dbf79be37db2.jpg

One per continent (only Europe is left out). Some really nice locations these are.

1- The point where Himalayas, Karakoram & Hindukush meet in Jaglot, Pakistan

2- Biblical Mount Sinai in Egypt as claimed or the one in Arabian peninsula whichever is the real one

3- Scottish Highlands

4- A World Cup final or Ashes at Lords Cricket ground 

5- Spike at his home in Australia

1. Lobster for dinner in the Peak café overlooking Hong Kong Harbour as the evening sun goes down.
2. The taste of a Lobster Stew served by a window with an Ocean View in Cape Cod.
3. An evening in either Las Ramblas,  Lagos Center in Portugal or the Westring in Bochum deciding which Restaurant to visit.
4. Back to Seville for Tapas in Dinain or whatever it is now called- used to be Ivan's place where he met his wife and has great memories.
5. Saturday morning with the Kids at our regular Lego Club which is - due to CV - suspended at the moment and share a big bag of M and Ms.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:
  1. The Pyramids
  2. The Colosseum
  3. The Grand Canyon
  4. Acropolis of Athens
  5. Parthenon

So, So, many more...sigh 

Really, John xD 

No 2 allowed from the same country

• Subscriber

The Roman Colosseum I mean, I forgot to add why I would love to visit all of them and why just there is so much history behind them all, how they managed to build them in their times with no equipment as we have nowadays, I have been through the Suez Canal but never saw a pyramid. 

The Grand Canyon haunts me to think there is 2 billion years of Earths history there and I would just love to go there and just walk around 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

The Roman Colosseum I mean, I forgot to add why I would love to visit all of them and why just there is so much history behind them all, how they managed to build them in their times with no equipment as we have nowadays, I have been through the Suez Canal but never saw a pyramid. 

The Grand Canyon haunts me to think there is 2 billion years of Earths history there and I would just love to go there and just walk around 

I meant Acropolis and Parthenon. The Parthenon is in the Acropolis area of Athens...

• Subscriber

Great question! I can't really think as I'm too hungry but I'd probably go to each of my favourite restaurants I've been to in foreign countries (including Steels Fish and Chips in Cleethorpes!)

• Subscriber

Bagan temples, Myanmar.

28794a6e721ff07922c4ad1486ea7988.jpg

Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, China

rm8NwkOGCL-1920x1080.jpg

Doi Inthanon Mountain, Thailand

thailand-landmarks-doi-ithanon-696x464.j

Angkor Thom, Cambodia

GettyImages-901018184.jpg

Mount Pinatubo, Philippines

e7e89c05cead2c9dc7d2dfe7c46e33f0.jpg

Archived