talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question A Day

football forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five minutes sitting down quietly with Ralph and Jack and then bang their heads together and get them to realise that life on the Island is a hell of a lot better than the crap that is going on in the real world and that as they are too young anyway to bother about the fact that no girls exist on the Island there is nothing else worth fighting about!  The flies can be sorted out later!

Lord of the Flies | Featured Screening | Screen Slate

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Could see that coming a mile off... xD

So my question for the day would be..... 

If you could have a 5 minute 'all cameras on you' appearance in any TV show or Film of your choice which one would you pick???? 

Easy one! 5 minute post-credit scene in Return of the Jedi, showing me resurrecting Emperor Palpatine on Exegol using the Sith dark alchemy. 

giphy.gif.b1ca9285c7df96bd19b20967dbab3036.gif

• Subscriber

Advanced issue found

13 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

If you could have a 5 minute 'all cameras on you' appearance in any TV show or Film of your choice which one would you pick???? 

xD My nose.

Forget that, just the first thing that came to my mind.

Answering the question it would be a 5-minute slot on the Starship Enterprise with Picard & Data  

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Forget that, just the first thing that came to my mind.

Answering the question it would be a 5-minute slot on the Starship Enterprise with Picard & Data  

Too late now... I just wish I could remove my eyes and wash them clean then put them back in like nothings happened.... 

• Administrator

Good q, tough choice! So many to choose from.

I watched Snatch the other day so I'd happily have my 5 minutes of fame in the boxing ring as 'Mickey' and get absolutely floored in that slow-motion shot of his last fight. 

And shout one last 'DO YOU LIKE DAGS' as I fall xD 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

Good q, tough choice! So many to choose from.

I watched Snatch the other day so I'd happily have my 5 minutes of fame in the boxing ring as 'Mickey' and get absolutely floored in that slow-motion shot of his last fight. 

And shout one last 'DO YOU LIKE DAGS' as I fall xD 

Ill fight ya for a caravan? god i love that movie.

Id have to go with John Wick. I could add some commentary to lighten the mood when his puppy is killed, some background boo's and "ya dun fucked up now boyyys" mostly I just want to hug Keanu Reaves. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Ill fight ya for a caravan? god i love that movie.

I fucking hate pikeys!

It's such a good movie. You don't even have to pay that much attention. Just watch and enjoy!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Name at least three big changes that you see in post covid-19 world.

• Countries will finally take disease control seriously for a few years till some new fad crops up but I foresee a decade of it happening with major medical breakthroughs on both the political front and the actual science part of it all. Whether that will prepare us for the next big hit is a totally different story because when has any kind of government involvement ever progressed science for the greater good.
  • Companies will try to find better loopholes for getting out of employee security/responsibility as a result of all the wondrous handling of situations globally. I don't think we're going to see an improvement in the workspace dynamics but an actual regression as the flaunted excuse of financial burden is thrown around while a solution is devised.
  • Governments will review their contingency polices for decades to come while not involving people who can actually solve these problems so that they can use the ambiguity against the population to to fuel their campaigns with slogans like "We were with you when times were bad and we're still with you now" thereby making the population believe that they are doing the right thing. They'll also use technology like AI+ML+PA to make the Cambridge Analytics scam look like amateur-hour to do so because money won't be the goal, control will.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Azeem said:

Name at least three big changes that you see in post covid-19 world.

- a large scale mass surveillance by the governments worldwide. The "emergency response measures" that have been introduced during the pandemic (citizen monitoring, movement tracking, curfews etc.) will largely remain intact and become normalized, leading to more loss of privacy and suppression of civil liberties and personal freedoms. 

- companies will shift even more to working remotely from home (where possible) and businesses will digitalize more rapidly. Changing customer habits will lead to the death of traditional retail as we know it. Same with schooling and education in general, which will become increasingly more e-learning, slowly taking over traditional in-class learning. 

- Travel as we know it will change forever. Cruise ships will disappear. Long-haul flights will become by far less common, both for personal and business purposes. Tourism will take a huge hit.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

- Travel as we know it will change forever. Cruise ships will disappear. Long-haul flights will become by far less common, both for personal and business purposes. Tourism will take a huge hit.

I do see change here but I think the exact opposite. We're going to see cruises and long-haul take far more preventative measures health-wise to lure people into their usage thereby boosting revenue for the travel industry. I know its easier said than done but I'd imagine that tourism has taken a severe hit worldwide so anything they can do to boost it back up will happen. I also think flights will start handing out sanitizer packets along with a water-bottle just to foster good faith and enforce safety guidelines for a while.

Very good question Azeem... 

If we were to look at this virus as a timely gift/early warning rather than the curse it is we could learn some valuable lessons from what it has forced us to do.... 

1. Personal Hygiene, I think that a lot of people just took simple things like washing their hands for granted and did not often bother so hopefully that might change, just because we might be able to reduce the amount of deaths and infections from it does not mean it's been eradicated for good so with a bit of luck people will still feel the need to be cautious... 

2. Personal Space, now this is a tough one because as soon as countries come out of lockdown people will be flooding back together in large groups for holidays, travel, football, and all manner of things after being cooped up inside for so long but can just imagine what the reaction might be from those around you if you are in a large group or a big queue somewhere and start coughing and spluttering, I should imagine some people will be cacking themselves... 

3. NHS over here, can't really speak for other countries and how they are set up but it's been clear that our NHS has been woefully understaffed and equipped for some time and it has taken a virus like this to push it to near breaking point and really does bring home the reality of how poorly prepared we were for such an event. I appreciate that with a virus in it's early stages it would have been difficult to make accurate predictions on what might happen but our Government had a big heads up seeing what was happening all over the rest of Europe and simply failed to act with any urgency on the matter and they have contributed greatly to untold deaths due to complacency in the early stages... 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Same with schooling and education in general, which will become increasingly more e-learning, slowly taking over traditional in-class learning. 

I don't think it will happen that rapidly in the developing world, universities tried it here but had to cancel because many students can't access e-learning and the infrastructure isn't there to support it on such scale.

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I don't think it will happen that rapidly in the developing world, universities tried it here but had to cancel because many students can't access e-learning and the infrastructure isn't there to support it on such scale.

Understandable, but I think the current situation will serve as an incentive to start implementing the changes needed for the transformation nevertheless, even if slowly.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I do see change here but I think the exact opposite. We're going to see cruises and long-haul take far more preventative measures health-wise to lure people into their usage thereby boosting revenue for the travel industry. I know its easier said than done but I'd imagine that tourism has taken a severe hit worldwide so anything they can do to boost it back up will happen. I also think flights will start handing out sanitizer packets along with a water-bottle just to foster good faith and enforce safety guidelines for a while.

I imagine airport/border controls and procedures will become even more of a nightmare. When (if?) the vaccine becomes available, I could see airlines and border control authorities requiring proof of vaccination in order to travel and enter the country as well. 

I can definitely see the attempts to desperately boost tourism happening, but it is also likely to face the hurdle of financial limitations and changing attitudes. A lot of people will be afraid or won't be able to travel anymore due to their financial situation, and the locals whose livelihoods depend on tourists will be torn between wanting to make a living and fearing a new outbreak brought in by the same travellers. 

I think in general there will sadly be a significant rise in xenophobia, hostility and mistrust towards foreigners in many places worldwide. 

Archived