talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Question A Day

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, nudge said:

- a large scale mass surveillance by the governments worldwide. The "emergency response measures" that have been introduced during the pandemic (citizen monitoring, movement tracking, curfews etc.) will largely remain intact and become normalized, leading to more loss of privacy and suppression of civil liberties and personal freedoms.

- companies will shift even more to working remotely from home (where possible) and businesses will digitalize more rapidly. Changing customer habits will lead to the death of traditional retail as we know it. Same with schooling and education in general, which will become increasingly more e-learning, slowly taking over traditional in-class learning. 

- Travel as we know it will change forever. Cruise ships will disappear. Long-haul flights will become by far less common, both for personal and business purposes. Tourism will take a huge hit.

Ive been talking again about this recently but its funny; Do you remember the movie Enemy of the State with Will Smith, Gene Hackman? anyways great movie in its day with a tonne of really good actors. The movie was about the government monitoring everyone and everything for "national security" Its funny because of how relevant and how close to the mark it actually was and this was if memory serves me in the early 2000's it came out. There is 0 doubt in my mind most governments over monitor the average person these days at the very least to some degree. 

Anyways on topic I think you guys have done a good job covering most of the thing I was thinking. 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Good question, theres alot to work with here. From a personal standpoint it absolutely has to be the US for me though. Trump is an absolute fucking lunatic and alot of what he does or doesnt do directly affects us. I live basically an hour ish drive away from several border crossings into Washington state. 

28 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Good question, theres alot to work with here. From a personal standpoint it absolutely has to be the US for me though. Trump is an absolute fucking lunatic and alot of what he does or doesnt do directly affects us. I live basically an hour ish drive away from several border crossings into Washington state. 

I thought you'd be more concerned about China given that in Vancouver the local government had to restrict land-owning to citizens due to Chinese and Hong Kong nationals buying all the property leaving empty housing. It's a similar issue in Australia but it's local land magnates that sit on investment properties and housing and rake income due to negative gearing.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Spike said:

I thought you'd be more concerned about China given that in Vancouver the local government had to restrict land-owning to citizens due to Chinese and Hong Kong nationals buying all the property leaving empty housing. It's a similar issue in Australia but it's local land magnates that sit on investment properties and housing and rake income due to negative gearing.

Less of a concern personally as I baught into the housing market 6 years ago and sold a little before the pandemic. That is a large concern for my general demographic and the generation after me though absolutely. On the grand scheme our housing issue is absolutely not a big deal compared to the pandemic and the president of the world police as our neighbour anyways.

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, nudge said:

Would be cool to get this going again... 

Yep, when this thread was created we were in full lock-down with no footy etc, now we have had some restrictions lifted and footy is back and some other sports, with restrictions of course

Just curious, do you think we should still be in full lock-down or keep it going the way it is? the not gathering in crowds have proved a damp squib with a few dick heads that think they are better than others.

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Yep, when this thread was created we were in full lock-down with no footy etc, now we have had some restrictions lifted and footy is back and some other sports, with restrictions of course

Just curious, do you think we should still be in full lock-down or keep it going the way it is? the not gathering in crowds have proved a damp squib with a few dick heads that think they are better than others.

Obviously it’s slightly different for us in England than it is you in Scotland at the moment but I think we should be in full lockdown. Yes, it will fuck the economy up more but it’s the only way to stop arseholes from going out. I’ve been following the rules to the letter as I don’t want to get the virus or pass it on to anyone I love which makes it all the more annoying when I see people on my Facebook taking selfies with each other when they don’t even live together (and aren’t 2m apart)

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Depends on a country, as the situation and demographics in different countries vary massively... We're ending the lockdown in one week, but most of the restrictions have already been removed (gradually) a few weeks ago anyway.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Depends on a country, as the situation and demographics in different countries vary massively... We're ending the lockdown in one week, but most of the restrictions have already been removed (gradually) a few weeks ago anyway.

That's very true, some countries are getting the highest numbers yet of new cases with COVID-19, while others are reporting very few new cases. In general, I don't think this virus will leave us anytime soon and I am sure we will have a second wave of this virus hit most places in a few months time. 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Michael said:

That's very true, some countries are getting the highest numbers yet of new cases with COVID-19, while others are reporting very few new cases. In general, I don't think this virus will leave us anytime soon and I am sure we will have a second wave of this virus hit most places in a few months time. 

:ph34r:

FB_IMG_1591643189254.thumb.jpg.3d9130f78e897f7df6bb7ffbe837322c.jpg

• Administrator

Looking forward to September when aliens invade then realise how fucked up this world is and it's better off heading back to wherever they came from!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

How would you describe the history of your club to a complete stranger in only one paragraph?

The Unbelievables. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

We've been talking about this on our video call today:

If you could switch two movie characters, what switch would lead to the most inappropriate movies?

Archived