• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Question A Day

Recommended Posts

I best like the places that have some relation to history, mythology and culture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Dalhousie, India (Would love to own a house here, and settle after retirement)

Khajjiar-valley.jpg

Fraser Islands, Australia

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKya2xpPrfAxpBA42Mjr9

Bend Oregon, USA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTASoQISCSKF9KyFmYdgXj

British Columbia, Canada

0?e=2159024400&v=beta&t=-v2mhcMh-dL802MJ

Porto Alegre, Brazil (Have a lot of good friends there from Orkut days.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4izYUnIlxez-kzmnas0O

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either @Stan can choose who asks a question next or someone can just ask one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My questions goes in the exact opposite way of what to do after these lockdowns/quarantines end.

What are you doing during this quarantine that you don't think you'd have normally done?

I actually find myself sleeping a bit more and actually feeling worse for it when I wake up like I have overslept. It does worry me a bit because when things go back to normal I am going to have to find a way to readjust once again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, nudge said:

Same. I personally have little to no interest in Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty, Louvre and the likes. Give me natural landscapes and mysterious 'exotic' places anytime instead. 

I am delighted someone said it.

Maybe it's just cos I've already been, but I'm not interested in the popular man-made landmarks. There's way more to China than the Great Wall or more to Peru than Machu Pichu that go unnoticed. More to India than the Taj Mahal, possibly one of the biggest examples. 

Places with great backstories are by far the most interesting. The Empire State Building? What's so great about it other than it being tall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

What are you doing during this quarantine that you don't think you'd have normally done?

Indoors too much, that's about all, I will venture up the local supermarket occasionally during pension hour when it's quiet but I have not done that for two weeks now, maybe I am reading a lot more and falling asleep on the sofa and that's about it.

I am glad this lockdown has happened today and not say maybe 30 years ago as then there was no internet/computers etc or mobile phones with video cams to contact people or family where you would have been restricted 30 years ago, thank god really for modern technology nowadays.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Indoors too much, that's about all, I will venture up the local supermarket occasionally during pension hour when it's quiet but I have not done that for two weeks now, maybe I am reading a lot more and falling asleep on the sofa and that's about it.

I am glad this lockdown has happened today and not say maybe 30 years ago as then there was no internet/computers etc or mobile phones with video cams to contact people or family where you would have been restricted 30 years ago, thank god really for modern technology nowadays.   

Can you not step out of your house/apartment to get some sun everyday? You don't really have to even leave the space you live in just as long as you get some sunshine and more importantly air outside the house. Had a very long conversation with a band-member about how they contracted Vitamin-D deficiency and it ruined their health and took about 6 months to recover from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My answer to this next question is nothing. Genuinely, I am already an introvert enough so this quarantine hasn't really affected me at all. At worst, it's a bit annoying that I can't go out for walks but that's about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Can you not step out of your house/apartment to get some sun everyday? You don't really have to even leave the space you live in just as long as you get some sunshine and more importantly air outside the house. Had a very long conversation with a band-member about how they contracted Vitamin-D deficiency and it ruined their health and took about 6 months to recover from it.

I still go for a walk around the block now and then or stand outside the communal back lawn early morning and get some fresh air, if I did venture down the local supermarket then I will wear a scarf across my mouth as the wife & daughter worry too much about me as I have COPD, asthma, sciatica so I try and keep them happy but I feel fine really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I am delighted someone said it.

Maybe it's just cos I've already been, but I'm not interested in the popular man-made landmarks. There's way more to China than the Great Wall or more to Peru than Machu Pichu that go unnoticed. More to India than the Taj Mahal, possibly one of the biggest examples. 

Places with great backstories are by far the most interesting. The Empire State Building? What's so great about it other than it being tall?

I mean I definitely appreciate the design, the history and the work that went into it, it's just not my primarily focus. And honestly, those places being crowded by tourists make it mostly unbearable... I would love exploring the Great Wall or Machu Pichu alone though xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nudge said:

I mean I definitely appreciate the design, the history and the work that went into it, it's just not my primarily focus. And honestly, those places being crowded by tourists make it mostly unbearable... I would love exploring the Great Wall or Machu Pichu alone though xD 

Machu Pichu is wonderful. I am also keen on the great wall but some people like to think it's the only thing those countries have going for it and that's just not true.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

What are you doing during this quarantine that you don't think you'd have normally done?

Working out at home A LOT. I normally exercise regularly too, but never with weights. Included that into my routine and now I am discovering muscles I didn't know I had xD 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

My questions goes in the exact opposite way of what to do after these lockdowns/quarantines end.

What are you doing during this quarantine that you don't think you'd have normally done?

I actually find myself sleeping a bit more and actually feeling worse for it when I wake up like I have overslept. It does worry me a bit because when things go back to normal I am going to have to find a way to readjust once again.

 

Exercising more and consciously taking breaks away from the desk while I work. I'd get complacent in a normal situation as I know I'd be out and about most days regardless. Being at home has made me realise I need to actively get up and take breaks more.

Not getting a haircut is something I wouldn't usually do xD. Hair is probably the longest it's been a very long time. 

Genuinely spending more time with family, like actively doing so. Just to try and get away from a computer screen anyway. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Exercising more and consciously taking breaks away from the desk while I work. I'd get complacent in a normal situation as I know I'd be out and about most days regardless. Being at home has made me realise I need to actively get up and take breaks more.

Not getting a haircut is something I wouldn't usually do xD. Hair is probably the longest it's been a very long time. 

Genuinely spending more time with family, like actively doing so. Just to try and get away from a computer screen anyway. 

Yeah I can't stand the way my hair is now as its genuinely annoying haha. That's on the list of things to sort out once the lockdown is gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also find myself drinking less coffee (down from two to one cup a day if that) and I am drinking way more water than I normally do which is odd because not much of my lifestyle has really changed. 

I've also found more focus on projects because I suppose the option to do other things has kind of gone away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the obvious one is video calling people. I think it'll become the new norm for me over phone calls too. And I'm video calling a lot more people than I usually would talk to day to day which is always nice. Reconnecting with old friends and such.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing much has changed for me really and not doing much that is different to what I normally do, Going out a lot less for pleasure reasons obviously...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I think the obvious one is video calling people. I think it'll become the new norm for me over phone calls too. And I'm video calling a lot more people than I usually would talk to day to day which is always nice. Reconnecting with old friends and such.

You know we tried this at work till we all realized that people were reading other things while they were on call haha and you can tell by the way their eyes move. My boss did it and then every single one of us started quizzing him on what he was reading so he then mandated we can go back to good old voice-calls.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I think the obvious one is video calling people. I think it'll become the new norm for me over phone calls too. And I'm video calling a lot more people than I usually would talk to day to day which is always nice. Reconnecting with old friends and such.

Good shout. Forgot that one. It's the only way we can chat with our colleagues.

Almost a bit of overkill though and takes away time to actually do work xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Good shout. Forgot that one. It's the only way we can chat with our colleagues.

Almost a bit of overkill though and takes away time to actually do work xD

Strangely, I seem to do more work whilst I am on those video calls. I think it's because I can't get away with scrolling Twitter, or posting on a certain football forum and generally procrastinating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats a tough question. Going for more walks I suppose, been trying to get out everyday after work for at least 45 mins an hour with my better half, Its been a nice escape. Other then that I havent done any of these video call things yet with friends... just keeping in touch via whatsapp as I dont have any other social media. Plenty of things Im not doing anymore but thats the same for most of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, nudge said:

Working out at home A LOT. I normally exercise regularly too, but never with weights. Included that into my routine and now I am discovering muscles I didn't know I had xD 

This is what I need to do tbh. The hockey wasnt enough exercise for me when I was playing but I need to get into a routine and get going.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

This is what I need to do tbh. The hockey wasnt enough exercise for me when I was playing but I need to get into a routine and get going.

I love it. Keeps you fit and also mentally sharp. As someone who works from home, I'm inevitably more sedentary than I'd like to in general, and now that I don't have the opportunity to go swimming/cycling, a proper workout at home is the best I can do. I thought it would be boring but I'm actually enjoying it. Also gives an excuse to drink one beer more in the evening xD  

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nudge said:

I love it. Keeps you fit and also mentally sharp. As someone who works from home, I'm inevitably more sedentary than I'd like to in general, and now that I don't have the opportunity to go swimming/cycling, a proper workout at home is the best I can do. I thought it would be boring but I'm actually enjoying it. Also gives an excuse to drink one beer more in the evening xD 

This is all the motivation I needed xD The ms and I where actually about to start up going to the gym again as we need both needed more exercise before all this but yeah I like the idea. We already have yoga mats and I have a set of weights so weve been meaning to do it but you know how that goes. Been doing some bike rides after work and on weekends and walking but its time to get into the rest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

This is all the motivation I needed xD The ms and I where actually about to start up going to the gym again as we need both needed more exercise before all this but yeah I like the idea. We already have yoga mats and I have a set of weights so weve been meaning to do it but you know how that goes. Been doing some bike rides after work and on weekends and walking but its time to get into the rest. 

Nothing motivates you to do one more set of dumbbell squats like a thought of a cold, inviting beer xD 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

My questions goes in the exact opposite way of what to do after these lockdowns/quarantines end.

What are you doing during this quarantine that you don't think you'd have normally done?

 

 

1) Watching way less amount of porn, which I don't know why. I just don't feel like watching it.

2) Taking care of my skin ( I will probably get a bit of stick on the forum for this). Basically sharing face pastes that are being used by mom and wife. Apparently potatoes are natural bleach, a little bit of milk cream adds shines to the face, so does watermelon, tomatoes tighten your skin, oranges skin on dark spots on elbows and ankles. One foodstuff each day. And all these from leftovers, while cooking. So, no we are not wasting food either.

3) Sorted out my papers from our cupboards. 

4) Getting way more sleep and sex than usual.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

 

1) Watching way less amount of porn, which I don't know why. I just don't feel like watching it.

2) Taking care of my skin ( I will probably get a bit of stick on the forum for this). Basically sharing face pastes that are being used by mom and wife. Apparently potatoes are natural bleach, a little bit of milk cream adds shines to the face, so does watermelon, tomatoes tighten your skin, oranges skin on dark spots on elbows and ankles. One foodstuff each day. And all these from leftovers, while cooking. So, no we are not wasting food either.

3) Sorted out my papers from our cupboards. 

4) Getting way more sleep and sex than usual.

#4 is taking care of #1 which is taking care of #3 which in turn leaves you free for #2. Healthy my friend healthy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mel81x said:

What are you doing during this quarantine that you don't think you'd have normally done?

Tbh this was a pretty tough question. Most of what I'm doing is just a hell of a lot more of what I normally do around the house.

I mean, the easiest answer is I'm working from home more. I had to take work home and do work from home fairly frequently, even after going to the office for a full day, but now... obviously... I'm not ever in the office. So I'm working from home a lot more. I like it in some regards, it's cool being able to spend so much time at home - but I don't like how inefficient I am at working from home. I do better being able to separate my work life and my home life, for the most part. Working from home before was more of spending a few hours here and there putting finishing touches on everything. Rather than be where I come up with the entirety of my work product. Now it's a bit different because it seems like it takes more effort to get things done.

I'm watching exercise videos and exercising at home because not being able to ride my bike or use the gym in my building has led to some changes in my mood, which... is what they say happens so that's not surprising.

Other than that... I've got a hell of a lot more time to do a lot of the stuff I was already doing at home. So I'm just doing more of that. And doing a lot less of things that typically would require me to leave my house.

I can't wait to jam with my friends when this is all over.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who wants to ask a question for today? Fastest finger first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement