talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Music List Game

football forum

I think Stan needs to come in - I didn't see the original rules and after causing a problem (or 6) he put me right in a sentence (not custodial at all!)  Trouble is I can understand that many participants - like me - find it hard to push others out of the way just because I like my choice better than theirs - or even everybody elses'.  Perhaps if the boss were to list Ten and then we give each 1 to 10 -privately and quietly - he/she can then total them all up and give a final and definitive answer to the results of the TFF panel.  The list would be the first ten suggested by participants. Then whilst he quietly works it out we can all scratch each others eyes out!:rofl:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

I think Stan needs to come in - I didn't see the original rules and after causing a problem (or 6) he put me right in a sentence (not custodial at all!)  Trouble is I can understand that many participants - like me - find it hard to push others out of the way just because I like my choice better than theirs - or even everybody elses'.  Perhaps if the boss were to list Ten and then we give each 1 to 10 -privately and quietly - he/she can then total them all up and give a final and definitive answer to the results of the TFF panel.  The list would be the first ten suggested by participants. Then whilst he quietly works it out we can all scratch each others eyes out!:rofl:

Best to let it run the way @Pyfish created it Allen, it's only a game some can enjoy it and dick heads like me...well O.o  xD 

• Administrator

See song list in previous post.

See next song listed.

Add song listed in to the chart (do not change current order, only add your song in). 

Choose next song for someone else to list.

SIMPLE.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, SchalkeUK said:

I don't mind doing it this way if people prefer?

I have spent my life telling kids what to do and now when Boris says stay in - I stay in.  I will follow the rules just like the induction ones the young guys have to when joining up - only hope we can keep our clothes on whilst we agree to them!

• Subscriber

Right back on track! I might do it the other way in a separate thread at some point too. I liked that suggestion :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

SONGS BY 'QUEEN'

1. Bohemian Rhapsody
2. We Are The Champions 
3. Another One Bites The Dust
4. I Want To Break Free
5. Under Pressure

6. Las Palabras de Amor
7. Radio Gaga

Next Song: Fat Bottomed Girls

• Subscriber

SONGS BY 'QUEEN'

1. Bohemian Rhapsody
  2. We Are The Champions 
  3. Another One Bites The Dust
  4. I Want To Break Free
  5. Fat Bottomed Girls
  6. Under Pressure
  7. Las Palabras de Amor
  8. Radio Gaga

Next Song:  Somebody to Love

SONGS BY 'QUEEN'

1. Bohemian Rhapsody
  2. We Are The Champions
  3. We Will Rock You 
  4. Somebody to Love
  5. Another One Bites The Dust
  6. I Want To Break Free
  7. Fat Bottomed Girls
  8. Under Pressure
  9. Las Palabras de Amor
  10. Radio Gaga

Next Song: Love of My Life

• Subscriber

SONGS BY 'QUEEN'

1. Bohemian Rhapsody
  2. We Are The Champions
  3. We Will Rock You 
  4. Somebody to Love
  5. Another One Bites The Dust
  6. Love of My Life
  7. I Want To Break Free
  8. Fat Bottomed Girls
  9. Under Pressure
  10. Las Palabras de Amor
  11. Radio Gaga

Next Song: Don't Stop Me Now

1. Bohemian Rhapsody
  2. Don't Stop Me Now
  3. We Are The Champions
  4. We Will Rock You 
  5. Somebody to Love
  6. Another One Bites The Dust
  7. Love of My Life
  8. I Want To Break Free
  9. Fat Bottomed Girls
  10. Under Pressure
  11. Las Palabras de Amor
  12. Radio Gaga

Next Song:  Tie Your Mother Down

• Subscriber
  1. Bohemian Rhapsody
  2. Don't Stop Me Now
  3. We Are The Champions
  4. Tie Your Mother Down
  5. We Will Rock You 
  6. Somebody to Love
  7. Another One Bites The Dust
  8. Love of My Life
  9. I Want To Break Free
  10. Fat Bottomed Girls
  11. Under Pressure
  12. Las Palabras de Amor
  13. Radio Gaga

Next Song:  Princes Of The Universe

• 6 months later...
  • Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Throwback to a perfectly simple thread @Pyfish started then carnage ensued thanks to @CaaC (John) & @SchalkeUK which myself and @nudge tried to help clear up xDxD 

Contender for thread of the year perhaps...

If I remember right I gave up on it and left it alone.  🤪

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Funny though, it never took off again  after I gave up on it. 🤣

Well yes, because you and SchalkeUK messing it up was by far more entertaining than the game itself xD 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Throwback to a perfectly simple thread @Pyfish started then carnage ensued thanks to @CaaC (John) & @SchalkeUK which myself and @nudge tried to help clear up xDxD 

Contender for thread of the year perhaps...

I gave up on it shortly after too :8_laughing: i think that's how the TF365 Top 10... thread came about.

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 17:09, CaaC (John) said:

All fun and games, I love it. xD

giphy.gif

No - we were not messing it up - There are great songs from our teenage years which have been brought back and younger folk do not know they are so old.  Adding to their musical knowledge is just another part of increasing their experience and because of our age we used the older music to compete against the modern entries.  My collection at present runs to line 55613 on my Excel base of titles, but they are part of my life, work, history and in the present state of lock-down are what keep me and some of my old friends sane!  I have a number of mates who are suffering from Dementure and Aitzheimers and sending them CD's of our old 50's youth club dance nights is the only thing they can remember - music has far more use than just temporary pleasure - don't knock it and today's videos are nothing new - check out Selig and Wenn ich wollte - that might not get through nowadays and as for 'Verpisst dich' it only shows that we can overcome the years and still appreciate things like 'Creep' and if Gianna Nanini can get away with her Maaschi then bring it on!  In 1959 I sat in a bar in LA with Guy Mitchell, Johnny Mathis and Danny Rap (Danny of the Juniors) total cross section of religion, ethnic origins and plain nut-cases but with music as their common bond  there was no thought of 'Black lives Matter' simply that 'all lives matter'.  Russian, German, French and other European composers gave us a great 19th Century of music and the 21st can be just as brilliant if we accept each other's choices and respect that.  I met another young guy in the 50's - Charlie Gracie - and his 'I Love you so much' is 'till something I play often - it reminds me of what we all try to hide - and shouldn't!:hh:

Archived