talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds Legend Norman Hunter Dies After Contracting Coronavirus

football forum

Norman Hunter has it too. All the best Big Norm.

I hate to say it, I really do, but I've maintained the thought someone 'big' is gonna snuff it from this. Not necessarily sport related either.

Just a horrible feeling in my waters.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, tlr said:

Being reported now Sir Kenny Dalglish has tested positive :( Wishing him all the best. King Kenny was magic...

Norman Hunter has also been hospitalised because of Covid-19. Lets wish them both a quick recovery.

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Norman Hunter has it too. All the best Big Norm.

I hate to say it, I really do, but I've maintained the thought someone 'big' is gonna snuff it from this. Not necessarily sport related either.

Just a horrible feeling in my waters.

I think it's inevitable mate. Even if not in the midst of the highest number of daily cases, but I feel like it will be someone huge as well. Maybe not UK based either but a world figure perhaps.

Fuck off. Just fuck off.

20200417_113316.thumb.jpg.0edcb663c86811b48df4ac46a69bbcd6.jpg

Tragic loss that. What a bloke. Epitomised everything that Leeds United are about to his dying day.

There will never be another one like you. Ever. Legend.

R.I.P Norman

• Subscriber

Fuck that virus, R.I.P. Norman, my thoughts go out to you and all the ones you left behind.

97c2114e-4562-4b6a-86e4-33090eb1d4f6.thumb.png.134110a3f5ba92b5bab4846abee0670c.pngQuote.thumb.png.33eee01aea87ad10ef46047359354c3e.png

Leeds United great Norman Hunter has died in hospital aged 76 after contracting coronavirus.

The tough-tackling centre-back, nicknamed 'Bites Yer Legs', was a key player in Leeds' most successful era.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52246007

• The title was changed to Leeds Legend Norman Hunter Dies After Contracting Coronavirus

Memories of great Thursday evenings in the Bar in the Queens after training - went with Gary and met up with Norman, Billy, Johnny, 'sniffer'  and the rest - sadly many - but not all have now left us.  Not a nice time for this as very few will be able to be there when he is finally lain to rest.  We will have to have a memorial session later!

This very sad news, as John said, fuck this virus!

R.I.P. Norman Hunter you will be sorely missed, but never forgotten.

My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

We have lost yet another member of England's legendary 1966 World Cup winning squad.

A name synonymous with both Leeds United and 60s and 70s English football. A sad loss, certainly given the circumstances.

Just been having a look through the scarves tribute doing the rounds on Twitter. One of the greatest tributes I have ever seen for a player that, proper job. 

• Administrator

Admittedly didn't know too much about him apart from the hard nature of the guy. But spoke to my dad and he saw him play a few times whenever Leeds visited Filbert Street in the 70s and just remembered him from that era anyway. Seemed like the guy had ability too and wasn't just a crazy nutter like Vinnie Jones xD 

RIP to him. Leeds have lost a legend of their history by sounds of it. 

Archived