talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your first ever email account

football forum

• Subscriber

I created mine in the summer of 1997. It was with a company called Rocketmail. 8 months down the line they were brought out by Yahoo who were the big fish in them days. So I had no choice but to revert to a Yahoo email account.

Who was your first ever email account with? 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Etisalat ISP somewhere around 94-95. My dad sent me there to make the first payment for the service and the lady at the counter asked me if we needed an email account, I said yes and then she said what would you like it to be called. I used my name as I thought it was something irrelevant and I was right because no one in my family ever used that account haha.

First web mail was Hotmail and I still have it.

• Subscriber

AOL has done so much while achieving so little and the only reason it has even survived so long is because of Time Warner. I remember a time when they were handing out discs with free trials of their internet services around the early 2000s just to boost its usage. I pity anyone that tried that free service because it was god-awful and had connectivity issues that weren't worth the free hassle at all. In all fairness it was always behind the times and even when they tried their own search engine it really didn't stack up to what they were competing with back in the day with Excite, Lycos, Yahoo, etc.

• Subscriber

FFS, AOL, I forgot about that one, that was our first internet provider when I got a computer from some company that has folded now around 2000 I think it was, I never used the email though but me and the wife would go into a chatroom in there and it was crazy, we ended up stop using it as the wife was suddenly getting dirty messages from males & females wanting you no what, the wife was shiting herself, then I started to get them  xD  

It was crazy as you would all be having a decent talk with everyone all over the world and suddenly someone would appear at the bottom of the screen in a box message "Hi, my name is.......how are you, do you fancy a bit of the..." fuck that, the wife's reaction >>  :eek::4_joy:

Archived