• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365 Top 10...

football forum

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Glad St Ives, St Just & Newquay were amongst the names, there are not many beaches that I would rate across here in the UK after living in Australia but the beaches there was ace, another place I forgot to mention was the Isle of Bute, beautiful place, went there for a holiday in the '80s with the wife and kids when they were wee nippers.  

1.png.4db3e8df70c6dae2a4b6ff4a444e5317.png

2.png.dee81b1ada531d35566f98567efd6b17.png

• Subscriber
On 21/05/2020 at 10:13, Pyfish said:

Once you've done yours, that'll make it 10 people who've voted so I'll get the results done.

If anyone else wants in, you've still got time!

Might pay to tag members @Pyfish on your next one, there are loads of members out there I am sure would give a list about anything, it's like @DeadLinesman & @Eco missed this one as they did not spot it. ;) 

16 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Might pay to tag members @Pyfish on your next one, there are loads of members out there I am sure would give a list about anything, it's like @DeadLinesman & @Eco missed this one as they did not spot it. ;) 

They had like over a week? Haha but yeh would’ve been interesting to see if it changed the top 10

I'm not disappointed. My selections were a bit niche so I expected that. Good shouts by most to be fair.

Some suggestions for the next one if struggling...

Top 10 Favourite last meals to have if on Death Row

Top 10 Favourite TV Series

Top 10 Alcoholic beverages

Top 10 Actors/Actresses

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Top 10 Favourite last meals to have if on Death Row

Top 10 Actresses

There might be some cross over here for me :ph34r:

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

Three of mine Made top 10... Went to Paris when I was a kid. Wasn’t impressed (except for Disney)  Maybe need to go back as an adult 

Only one of mine in the top 10... in the last spot too xD 

Paris sucks.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

Three of mine Made top 10... Went to Paris when I was a kid. Wasn’t impressed (except for Disney)  Maybe need to go back as an adult 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Only one of mine in the top 10... in the last spot too xD 

Paris sucks.

4 for me.

From what I've heard about Paris on here from you guys I won't be suggesting it to my missus any time soon xD 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

4 for me.

From what I've heard about Paris on here from you guys I won't be suggesting it to my missus any time soon xD 

I went to Paris and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Saw all the sites, visited some lovely patisserie's and restaurants, had a picnic near the Eiffel Tower and even experienced Paris in the snow. Beautiful.

Different strokes for different folks. I can appreciate it won't be for everyone but I think your experiences vary depending on where you've previously been, your expectations of the city, who you are with etc. Do your own thing.

There must be a reason it attracts the visitors it does after all.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I went to Paris and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Saw all the sites, visited some lovely patisserie's and restaurants, had a picnic near the Eiffel Tower and even experienced Paris in the snow. Beautiful.

Different strokes for different folks. I can appreciate it won't be for everyone but I think your experiences vary depending on when you go, who with etc. Do your own thing.

There must be a reason it attracts the visitors it does after all.

True. Maybe I come to you for recommendations if we ever do go! 

Just now, Stan said:

True. Maybe I come to you for recommendations if we ever do go! 

For sure, more than welcome. 

Although credit where it's due, @...Dan had some really helpful comments in the holiday thread that helped me plan out what I wanted to do when I went.

• Subscriber

Of course it's all subjective. The worst part of Paris for me was how filthy it is compared to other European (and even Asian) cities and how unpleasant most of the people are. Food I found to be very meh but extremely overpriced. It's not some horrible place, and of course your mileage may vary, but I don't like the vibe and don't intend to ever go there again. On the other hand, French suburbs and smaller towns are class.

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

The worst part of Paris for me was how filthy it is compared to other European (and even Asian) cities

Funny you say that but others that have been there have mentioned the same thing to me, I don't travel but another place that seems to get slated a bit is Egypt, Apparently you get a lot of rubbish blowing about out there which must detract from the overall experience I would have thought... 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Funny you say that but others that have been there have mentioned the same thing to me, I don't travel but another place that seems to get slated a bit is Egypt, Apparently you get a lot of rubbish blowing about out there which must detract from the overall experience I would have thought... 

Never been to Egypt, but I can imagine. To be fair, a lot of crowded major cities with high number of locals and tourists tend to have similar problems, especially in countries that aren't rich enough and lack in infrastructure... 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Never been to Egypt, but I can imagine. To be fair, a lot of crowded major cities with high number of locals and tourists tend to have similar problems, especially in countries that aren't rich enough and lack in infrastructure... 

We should go Tomb raiding one year... I got this totally legitimate looking map of the Lost City of Gold off the dark web which has promised me untold wealth... It was a steal at only £15,000... because I am not silly I did question them on why they were selling it rather than looking for all that Gold themselves but they said they couldn't afford the flight tickets from Russia so I snapped their hands off.. 

I have been sitting on it for a year or two to see if any Museums or the like report it as stolen but so far so good... 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived