talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365 Top 10...

football forum

• Subscriber

Thanks to @DeadLinesman, the top 10 cities has changed! Singapore and Munich drop off out of the top 10.

7 of his votes hadn't made the list previously.

Position City Country
#1 Paris France
#2 Barcelona Spain
#3 Dublin Ireland
#4 London England
#5 Amsterdam Netherlands
#6 Brisbane Australia
#7 Rome Italy
#8 Madrid Spain
#9 Florence Italy
#10 Edinburgh Scotland

I like the Actors and Actresses one. Obviously that would be two separate lists so let's do TOP 10 ACTORS first.

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I enjoyed Edinburgh when I went there. Granted it was for the Fringe festival but that was part of the experience for us. Few days there and amongst the shows seen, the rest of what we could see still made it a worthwhile trip. I'd definitely go back when Fringe isn't on though.

• Subscriber

Edinburgh is definitely on my list of places I’d like to go. I’ve only been to 4 of the top 10 so I’d like to travel more for sure after all this shit is over!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

I like the Actors and Actresses one. Obviously that would be two separate lists so let's do TOP 10 ACTORS first.

Done and sent including Actresses.

Why don't you tag a load of members buddy, just ask if they are interested then send you a list by pm, just a thought, the more the merrier. :ay:

• Subscriber

My top 8 looked like this (I removed the last two as those were towns nobody know about):

1. Bangkok
  2. Vienna
  3. Hamburg
  4. Krakow
  5. Prague
  6. St. Petersburg
  7. Munich
  8. Innsbruck

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Been there.... really enjoyed it

I think it's gorgeous...Beautiful, very affordable, safe, good food, decent bars and nightlife, quite a few things to see, not crowded yet still pretty vibrant despite being tiny, compared to other cities.

• Administrator

This was mine 

TF365 Top 10... Cities You’ve Visited

1. Valencia
  2. Madrid
  3. Barcelona
  4. Amsterdam
  5. Kruger Park (yes, it counts as a city because it's fucking mahoosive)
  6. Langkawi (private beach resort near Malaysia)
  7. Biscarrose/Bordeaux
  8. Marrakech
  9. London
  10. Lisbon

1 minute ago, nudge said:

I think it's gorgeous...Beautiful, very affordable, safe, good food, decent bars and nightlife, quite a few things to see, not crowded yet still pretty vibrant despite being tiny, compared to other cities.

Had a very nice time when I went, they do like their food there as well, we were eating something nearly every hour and a half on average which was way more than I was used to eating... Some great countryside and scenery like the mountains and the lakes... Quiet and peaceful mostly which was nice where we went and also ended up visiting Auschwitz which was not something we had planned on doing but due to something not working out elsewhere we decided to make a detour and give it a visit... Very hard to explain how I felt about that really, does leave a lasting memory

Also visited the Salt Mines which was pretty cool and even managed to squeeze in a local football match while I was there... People were friendly and would go again if I had the chance.. 

3 hours ago, nudge said:

My top 8 looked like this (I removed the last two as those were towns nobody know about):

1. Bangkok
  2. Vienna
  3. Hamburg
  4. Krakow
  5. Prague
  6. St. Petersburg
  7. Munich
  8. Innsbruck

What is the deal with Vienna? I wondered about Austria before and looked at Salzburg which looked nice but it never happened.

Is it the architecture? Food? Or like the vibe of the city that appeals?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What is the deal with Vienna? I wondered about Austria before and looked at Salzburg which looked nice but it never happened.

Is it the architecture? Food? Or like the vibe of the city that appeals?

Yes. Beautiful, historically and culturally rich, very clean, just the right size, not crowded, great public transportation, great food with a lot of options, plenty of cafés and inns, decent nightlife choices for various tastes. I like that it's a big city, but feels almost provincial. 

And for me it's not even the best place in Austria, I much prefer smaller cities and towns, but thought there's no point in naming even more places that nobody else would... 

This was my ten:

1. Tokyo, Japan

2. Queenstown, New Zealand 

3. Salzburg, Austria 

4. Dublin, Ireland 

5. Munich, Germany 

6. Kyoto, Japan

7. Rome, Italy 

8. Lisbon, Portugal 

9. Seoul, Korea 

10. Sydney, Australia

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Toinho said:

What we doing next? Liked the tv show idea as well as actors/actresses 

Pyfish     Posted 15 hours ago

I like the Actors and Actresses one. Obviously that would be two separate lists so let's do TOP 10 ACTORS first.

11 hours ago, nudge said:

Yes. Beautiful, historically and culturally rich, very clean, just the right size, not crowded, great public transportation, great food with a lot of options, plenty of cafés and inns, decent nightlife choices for various tastes. I like that it's a big city, but feels almost provincial. 

And for me it's not even the best place in Austria, I much prefer smaller cities and towns, but thought there's no point in naming even more places that nobody else would... 

Ah cheers, I may look into that then. As I said Salzburg looked nice as well. I know Austria has some beautiful landscapes so I'd love to be able to go somewhere that combines the two if possible.

9 hours ago, Toinho said:

This was my ten:

1. Tokyo, Japan

2. Queenstown, New Zealand 

3. Salzburg, Austria 

4. Dublin, Ireland 

5. Munich, Germany 

6. Kyoto, Japan

7. Rome, Italy 

8. Lisbon, Portugal 

9. Seoul, Korea 

10. Sydney, Australia

What was Salzburg like lad? Eyed that one up before and looked really nice.

59 minutes ago, Lucas said:

What was Salzburg like lad? Eyed that one up before and looked really nice.

Went near 10 years ago and wanted to do Vienna too, but settled for just Salzburg. Was there in the summer but I remember it having a quiet chilled vibe with lovely buildings, and stunning scenery (Untersberg was cool). One of those places where I only spent a couple of days but every minute of it was enjoyable. Not a lot of detail sorry lad, but there’s lots of Mozart stuff (didn’t do that) and of course parts of the town was where the Sound of Music was filmed too. Eagles nest isn’t too far away I think, my parents did that I believe but I ran out of time.

• Subscriber

I've just come up with an idea... to get more people to send their lists, I'm going to tag some people.

@Stan @nudge @Mel81x @DeadLinesman @Lucas @Deco @Toinho @Smiley Culture @Eco @londonerlilie @Dr. Gonzo @Dan @Batard @Happy Blue @Fairy In Boots

PM me a list of your top 10 ACTORS. We'll do actresses afterwards.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I've just come up with an idea... to get more people to send their lists, I'm going to tag some people.

@Stan @nudge @Mel81x @DeadLinesman @Lucas @Deco @Toinho @Smiley Culture @Eco @londonerlilie @Dr. Gonzo @Dan @Batard @Happy Blue @Fairy In Boots

PM me a list of your top 10 ACTORS. We'll do actresses afterwards.

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc.thumb.png.58e4671152a4322d941c99a8d29f0d3a.png

download.thumb.png.9a94a34a80aa0c2df9369007a35ff3a4.png

9_9  :whistling:

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived