• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365 Top 10...

football forum

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@top ten actresses 

Only two of my actress featured in the eventual top ten: Streep and Hepburn. 

Surprised to not see Winslet. Where did she end up @Pyfish.  Apart from Grace Kelly and Linda Fiorentino. And did anyone else name Monica Belluci?

@topic

Sent my list of top ten films. 

Here's an alternative list. And yes, they all have proper plots. One of the films is even based on a TRUE incident. 

1) Justine 2 Nothing to Hide (1992)
2)Tarzan X Shame of Jane(1995)
3) Mario Salieri's Arabika (1992)
4) The Taking of Christina (1976)
5) Vista Valley PTA (1981)
6) Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann (1974)
7) Taboo American Style : The Ruthless Beginning (1985)
8) Private Teacher (1983)
9) Mario Salieri's Dracula (1994)
10) Josefine Mutzenbacher - Wie sie wirklich war: 2. Teil (1976)

Honorable mentions: Concetta Licata Trilogy, Stupri gallery,  Josefine Mutzenbacher 1, Potere, Taboo, etc.   

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

@top ten actresses 

Only two of my actress featured in the eventual top ten: Streep and Hepburn. 

Surprised to not see Winslet. Where did she end up @Pyfish.  Apart from Grace Kelly and Linda Fiorentino. And did anyone else name Monica Belluci?

@topic

Sent my list of top ten films. 

Here's an alternative list. And yes, they all have proper plots. One of the films is even based on a TRUE incident. 

1) Justine 2 Nothing to Hide (1992)
2)Tarzan X Shame of Jane(1995)
3) Mario Salieri's Arabika (1992)
4) The Taking of Christina (1976)
5) Vista Valley PTA (1981)
6) Private Afternoons of Pamela Mann (1974)
7) Taboo American Style : The Ruthless Beginning (1985)
8) Private Teacher (1983)
9) Mario Salieri's Dracula (1994)
10) Josefine Mutzenbacher - Wie sie wirklich war: 2. Teil (1976)

Honorable mentions: Concetta Licata Trilogy, Stupri gallery,  Josefine Mutzenbacher 1, Potere, Taboo, etc.   

Looks like it was just you who put Winslet in there...

53 Kate Winslet 1 5

And Monica Belluci? Bottom of the list.

86 Monica Belluci 1 1

I think this could be our most diverse list to date. The spectrum is pretty huge and I feel like we all have very different tastes in movies.

I don't expect mine to be top but I am happy with my choices.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Lucas said:

I think this could be our most diverse list to date. The spectrum is pretty huge and I feel like we all have very different tastes in movies.

I don't expect mine to be top but I am happy with my choices.

71 unique films out of 80 so far.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is impossible @Pyfish - every time I try to come up with 10 I think of like 8 other films to put on the list and then I have a giant list that I can't whittle down xD

Haha! I had the same problem. I did mine, then received two lists from you lot and I realised I’d missed a few!

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is impossible @Pyfish - every time I try to come up with 10 I think of like 8 other films to put on the list and then I have a giant list that I can't whittle down xD

I had the same problem so I made a list 1 to 20 and even then other films kept popping up in my mind mainly western films with Clint Eastwood in them. xD

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, HawayTheLads said:

Just sent mine over. I imagine mine and @Pyfish's will be pretty similar.

Who did you send it to? I've not had anything from you xD

For the rest of you, if you still want in, get your lists to me as soon as so we can post the results and move on to the next list.

• Subscriber

100 votes and 81 films nominated

TF365 Top 10... Films

Position Film Number of Votes Points
#1 Godfather 4 30
#2 Hot Fuzz 3 28
#3 Shaun of the Dead 3 20
#4 Jaws 2 20
#5 Green Mile 3 15
#6 The Truman Show 2 13
#7 Shawshank Redemption 3 12
#8 Inception 2 12
#9 The Good, The Bad and the Ugly 2 11
#10 Godfather II 2 10

Both The Godfather and The Godfather II make it into the top 10. Quite surprisingly Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead are top 3 which shows we have a few Edgar Wright or Simon Pegg and Nick Frost fans.

How many of the top 10 did you have on your list? And is there any films you want to know where they placed?

@Eco @CaaC (John) @Rucksackfranzose @IgnisExcubitor @Stan @Lucas @nudge @Toinho @HawayTheLads

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

@CaaC (John)

How many of the top 10 did you have on your list? And is there any films you want to know where they placed?

I had The Good, The Bad and the Ugly at No4, the 1st Godfather at No 5 and Shawshank Redemption as No 10 so @nudge you can breathe a sigh of relief that Shawshank's never came in at No1.xD

As a lot of you know I am a western & war film's fanatic so my No1 was Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales and the two war films in No 2 & 3 spot The Longest Day and The Battle of the Bulge.  

So did anybody pick any of them @Pyfish? also curious if anybody chose Cape Fear with Robert De Nero, the best movie of his I liked at No7.  

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

I had The Good, The Bad and the Ugly at No4, the 1st Godfather at No 5 and Shawshank Redemption as No 10 so @nudge you can breathe a sigh of relief that Shawshank's never came in at No1.xD

As a lot of you know I am a western & war film's fanatic so my No1 was Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales and the two war films in No 2 & 3 spot The Longest Day and The Battle of the Bulge.  

So did anybody pick any of them @Pyfish? also curious if anybody chose Cape Fear with Robert De Nero, the best movie of his I liked at No7.  

Just you for those :)

Tried to watch the godfather when I was 19. Back when we had video stores. Took it back halfway through. May try it again one day.

I had Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the dead. Who voted for those? You fucking legends 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived