talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365 Top 10...

football forum

16 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Just waiting for a certain City fan in here to enter into the debate and say Pep should be No1 and I don't mean @Happy Blue he will come in with his unbias views :whistling: xD

Not read the other posts so don't know what you are talking about but Pep is the greatest Manager ever lived B|

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Not read the other posts so don't know what you are talking about but Pep is the greatest Manager every ever lived B|

You on the early morning City jungle juice :drunk:                                                                                           fixed  9_9  xD     

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

You on the early morning City jungle juice :drunk:                                                                                           fixed  9_9  xD     

Been up for 28hrs, time for bed soon xD

5 hours ago, Pyfish said:

TF365 Top 10... Football Managers

THE RESULTS

• 8 people voted
  • 29 managers were voted for in total
  • Every person who voted nominated the manager in #1 at some point in their top 10...
Position Manager Nationality Number of Votes Points
#1 Alex Ferguson Scottish 8 78
#2 Pep Guardiola Spanish 7 37
#3 Jose Mourinho Portugese 6 33
#4 Arsene Wenger French 5 29
#5 Marcello Lippi Italian 4 25
#6 Arrigo Sacchi Italian 3 20
#7 Jurgen Klopp German 4 19
#8 Carlo Ancelotti Italian 4 19
#9 Ottmar Hitzfeld German 3 19
#10 Bob Paisley English 3 17

Not really a surprise that Sir Alex Ferguson was the winner by an astonishing 41 points. Just the one person refused to include Pep Guardiola in their list which means he only gets second (not that it would have made any difference).

11 Vicente Del Bosque Spanish 4 16

Vicente Del Bosque just missed out on the top 10.

13 Rafael Benitez Spanish 4 15
14 Brian Clough English 4 14

Rafa Benitez and Brian Clough were the other two managers to get 4 votes but miss out on a top 10 place.

I didn’t vote Pep because he isn’t that good. Take over a non fucking rich team. 

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Klopp top 10 xD. Jesus fucking Christ.

to be fair, I’d assume most of us voted on managers we have actually witnessed and seen, and seeing as the general cohort is quite young (minus John and Bluewolf - the latter being born in the 19th century) you’re likely to get a majority of recent managers. 

3 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I almost didn't put Pep in for the same reason as @Toinho. Think he was quite low in my list though!

He’s good, don’t get me wrong! I was trying to think back a bit though. My number 10 wasn’t my really number ten but I think he’s done great haha

4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Anyway, young @Pyfish, what's next on the agenda, top ten most beautiful looking women :P

That would be hard... we could go with top 10 accents? But whatever we do, I hope we get some more voters! 

7 hours ago, Pyfish said:

TF365 Top 10... Football Managers

THE RESULTS

• 8 people voted
  • 29 managers were voted for in total
  • Every person who voted nominated the manager in #1 at some point in their top 10...
Position Manager Nationality Number of Votes Points
#1 Alex Ferguson Scottish 8 78
#2 Pep Guardiola Spanish 7 37
#3 Jose Mourinho Portugese 6 33
#4 Arsene Wenger French 5 29
#5 Marcello Lippi Italian 4 25
#6 Arrigo Sacchi Italian 3 20
#7 Jurgen Klopp German 4 19
#8 Carlo Ancelotti Italian 4 19
#9 Ottmar Hitzfeld German 3 19
#10 Bob Paisley English 3 17

Not really a surprise that Sir Alex Ferguson was the winner by an astonishing 41 points. Just the one person refused to include Pep Guardiola in their list which means he only gets second (not that it would have made any difference).

11 Vicente Del Bosque Spanish 4 16

Vicente Del Bosque just missed out on the top 10.

13 Rafael Benitez Spanish 4 15
14 Brian Clough English 4 14

Rafa Benitez and Brian Clough were the other two managers to get 4 votes but miss out on a top 10 place.

I'm sorry but that is a shocking list. You can't have a top 10 managers list without Menotti or Bilardo.

For the record, this would be my top 10.

1. Alex Ferguson

2. Pep Guardiola

3. Matt Busby

4. Jose Mourinho

5. Bob Paisley

6. Cesar Luis Menotti

7. Arrigo Sacchi

8. Brian Clough

9. Carlos Bilardo

10. Arsene Wenger

I know my list isn't perfect but I tried to include a balance of influence, trophies won and legacy in here. Bilardo didn't win much as a manager but he changed the shape of Argentine football forever. Menotti on the other hand did so many unbelievable deeds such as win Huracan the league and of course, Argentina's first World Cup. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I'm sorry but that is a shocking list. You can't have a top 10 managers list without Menotti or Bilardo.

You can.

Just for the record... because I know I'll get some people thinking I'm on the wind up.

South America by 1980 had won 6 World Cups, Europe had 5. I'd say 98% of those players who won those World Cups were in South America. Brazil when they won 3 of 4 World Cups between 1959 and 1970 had all their players playing in Brazil. Argentina only had 1 player in Europe and that was Kempes himself. 

They also had 10 intercontinental cups by 1980. Europe only had 8. Guess what? Those teams had managers as well and people only recognize Bob Paisley and the likes because European football managed to stay relevant and keep its prestige, something South America lost over time.

It makes me so mad when I see people say "Pele never played in Europe" when he was literally playing in the best league in the world at the time. People recognize Boca and River because they are genuinely massive clubs due to their leagues having so much prestige back then. South America was way above Europe until money started to kick in, and then it was freefall between 1980 and 2000.

So yeah, sorry if I get annoyed at the lack of South American managers but see Paisley and Clough. They are undoubtedly legendary managers but ignoring South American managers is like ignoring Jurgen Klopp and Guardiola but having Sampaoli in your top 10 managers of this century.

Think it should be 'your life time'. You'd have to be a football scholar to really provide an objective list for 'all time', other wise you'd get expected, but reasonable arguments like Brian put forth. 

My lifetime

1. Sir Alex 

2. Pep Guardiola

3. Jose Mourinho

4. Marcello Lippi

5. Louis Van Gaal

6. Fabio Capello

7. Rafa Benitez 

8. Arsene Wenger

9. Jupp Heynckes

10. Luis Aragones 

• The topic was pinned