talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Champions League 2020/21 Qualification to Be Decided on 'Sporting Merit'

football forum

• The title was changed to Champions League 2020/21 Qualification to Be Decided on 'Sporting Merit'
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yes had seen it but hadn't seen the last sentence mentioned. 'Each top league/association will determine how it's interpreted'

Worrying as no doubt the PL will want the traditional top 6 involved in Europe and not smaller clubs like Leicester, Wolves, Sheff Utd who have ironically got to where they are in the league on merit...

I've heard 'points per game' bandied about which is fair. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yes had seen it but hadn't seen the last sentence mentioned. 'Each top league/association will determine how it's interpreted'

Worrying as no doubt the PL will want the traditional top 6 involved in Europe and not smaller clubs like Leicester, Wolves, Sheff Utd who have ironically got to where they are in the league on merit...

I've heard 'points per game' bandied about which is fair. 

I think the PL will try and end the season before they go down the route of awarding positions on merit if they can. Obviously that all depends on how the virus is handled but its odd how UEFA have just handed this off to the leagues and added that last statement to it as well as if they control those leagues.

Archived