talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Photography Thread

football forum

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Nice pics. Where were those taken?

One was a beach in the evening which is probably a good half hour from me. But its really quiet and not easily accessible hence why its always quiet.

The other one was yesterday through the New Forest which is only 15mins away. Just beautiful everywhere you go out there.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

One was a beach in the evening which is probably a good half hour from me. But its really quiet and not easily accessible hence why its always quiet.

The other one was yesterday through the New Forest which is only 15mins away. Just beautiful everywhere you go out there.

Never seen grass on a beach!

Really nice pics. 

• Subscriber

Does anyone like to shoot nightsky or would like to start? This is a good guide on how to photograph the Milky Way. The website is great for astrophotography tips in general. 

https://www.lonelyspeck.com/how-to-make-an-amazing-photo-of-the-milky-way-galaxy/

In other news, my new camera bag arrived today, and the lens is arriving tomorrow... 

• Administrator

Interesting you mention that @nudge as I was looking back at some photos I took (only with phone!) a few weeks ago of those StarLink satellites passing over us...

(the brightest spot towards the left, and also the one to the right of the chimney as you look at the picture). They were so bright that night and even the pictures don't do it justice. Any phone I've had previously doesn't usually capture even stars and they look so blurry. 

IMG_20200420_221308_1.jpg

IMG_20200420_222117_1.jpg

(think you may have to zoom in). 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Interesting you mention that @nudge as I was looking back at some photos I took (only with phone!) a few weeks ago of those StarLink satellites passing over us...

(the brightest spot towards the left, and also the one to the right of the chimney as you look at the picture). They were so bright that night and even the pictures don't do it justice. Any phone I've had previously doesn't usually capture even stars and they look so blurry. 

IMG_20200420_221308_1.jpg

IMG_20200420_222117_1.jpg

(think you may have to zoom in). 

Yep, the capabilities of modern smartphone cameras are frankly ridiculous (in a good sense)... Have you read the article I linked? The author shows some examples of astro photos he took with his OnePlus phone, and the results are very very impressive. Which says a lot, as astrophotography has always been tricky, even with a DSLR. 

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, nudge said:

Does anyone like to shoot nightsky or would like to start? This is a good guide on how to photograph the Milky Way. The website is great for astrophotography tips in general. 

https://www.lonelyspeck.com/how-to-make-an-amazing-photo-of-the-milky-way-galaxy/

In other news, my new camera bag arrived today, and the lens is arriving tomorrow... 

Always said I would love to get a camera and shoot the night sky and now you have got me going and maybe I will invest in a good camera, as you know I love space and astronomy and this is my laptop desktop photo of the Milkyway.  :x

thumbnail_20200526_153046.thumb.jpg.f498c228baca92ada713be5a511f9ac0.jpg

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep, the capabilities of modern smartphone cameras are frankly ridiculous (in a good sense)... Have you read the article I linked? The author shows some examples of astro photos he took with his OnePlus phone, and the results are very very impressive. Which says a lot, as astrophotography has always been tricky, even with a DSLR. 

It is before my eyes now :D 

Might download the app. I've got the Heaven's Above app but I don't find it great.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Always said I would love to get a camera and shoot the night sky and now you have got me going and maybe I will invest in a good camera, as you know I love space and astronomy and this is my laptop desktop photo of the Milkyway.  :x

thumbnail_20200526_153046.thumb.jpg.f498c228baca92ada713be5a511f9ac0.jpg

Buy second hand (but from reliable businesses), that's what I usually do in order to keep the costs at bay. You only really need a decent camera body, and then 1-2 lenses to start. If you invest more money, then rather spend it on good lenses. Go for it, it's a great hobby, very rewarding for numerous reasons. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

It is before my eyes now :D 

Might download the app. I've got the Heaven's Above app but I don't find it great.

I've used Stellarium for years and love it... 

Another app I would highly recommend is Photographer's Companion (I bought the Pro version to support the dev but the free version is also good enough), a great app which basically helps you with the adjustments and settings for a specific situation you want to capture, and has plenty of useful tools in it. 

Screenshot_2020-05-26-17-47-12-381_com.stefsoftware.android.photographerscompanionpro.thumb.jpg.0775e8f41109ad50f21c0d5002228c7f.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've used Stellarium for years and love it... 

Another app I would highly recommend is Photographer's Companion (I bought the Pro version to support the dev but the free version is also good enough), a great app which basically helps you with the adjustments and settings for a specific situation you want to capture, and has plenty of useful tools in it. 

Screenshot_2020-05-26-17-47-12-381_com.stefsoftware.android.photographerscompanionpro.thumb.jpg.0775e8f41109ad50f21c0d5002228c7f.jpg

That sounds like a useful app for me to download too. Trained myself on how to take photographs so often forget what settings I need etc.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

That sounds like a useful app for me to download too. Trained myself on how to take photographs so often forget what settings I need etc.

It's godsend in many situations where you have to take several factors into account as it makes the calculations for you... Like, exposure calculation, depth of field, movement freeze, etc. Lets you learn and get the best out of the manual modes of your camera. There are quite a few similar apps like that, but I like this one the best (especially since the free version has all the options except a few extra tools). 

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Great tits to be fair. Just a shame it's Kerry Katona.

Like chucking a hot dog down an alleyway.

Didn't even realise it was her :ph34r: