talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Photography Thread

football forum

• Subscriber

'Hovering ship' photographed off Cornish coast by walker

873770130_download(2).thumb.png.73f422b988576a30259d4f32ec4171ab.png

Images of what appears to be a hovering ship have been captured as the result of a rare optical illusion off the coast of England.

David Morris took a photo of the ship near Falmouth, Cornwall.

BBC meteorologist David Braine said the "superior mirage" occurred because of "special atmospheric conditions that bend light".

He said the illusion is common in the Arctic but can appear "very rarely" in the UK during winter.

Mr Morris said he was "stunned" after capturing the picture while looking out to sea from the hamlet of Gillan

Mr Braine said: "Superior mirages occur because of the weather condition known as a temperature inversion, where cold air lies close to the sea with warmer air above it.

"Since cold air is denser than warm air, it bends light towards the eyes of someone standing on the ground or on the coast, changing how a distant object appears.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-56286719

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

download.thumb.png.2bdb40fd002e01ce4e4860523e153bd5.png

The rare black panther not seen in Africa for 100 years: Sony World Photography Awards 2021

We bring you our top 11 favorite images from one of the most prestigious photography awards out there.

Produced by the World Photography Organisation, the internationally acclaimed Sony World Photography Awards is one of the most important fixtures in the global photographic calendar.

Now in its 14th year, the free-to-enter Awards are a global voice for photography and provide a vital insight into contemporary photography today.

We now bring you some of our favorite images from this year’s batch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Figured i'd ask it here since this topic is pretty stagnant. What are some topics you think would get people creative and help them learn photography? E.g. tips on learning the Exposure Triangle and then breaking those rules to get more creative pictures?

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Figured i'd ask it here since this topic is pretty stagnant. What are some topics you think would get people creative and help them learn photography? E.g. tips on learning the Exposure Triangle and then breaking those rules to get more creative pictures?

For learning exposure triangle, I'd probably focus on each element separately. E.g. shooting portraits (or any other topic where the foreground is very distinctive from the background) for learning aperture, any kind of motion for learning shutter speed, low light conditions for learning ISO. Then combine it all by experimenting in aperture or shutter priority modes, or manual once they're comfortable with it.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Back on the photo content. After almost four months of trying to source this thing at it MSRP I finally found someone who can get me one in October when they come down so I am getting one. Sad to move away from Canon after all the years its been used and basically taken around but I think I am going to like Fuji when I finally get my hands on it.

https://fujifilm-x.com/global/products/cameras/x-t3/

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Back on the photo content. After almost four months of trying to source this thing at it MSRP I finally found someone who can get me one in October when they come down so I am getting one. Sad to move away from Canon after all the years its been used and basically taken around but I think I am going to like Fuji when I finally get my hands on it.

https://fujifilm-x.com/global/products/cameras/x-t3/

30 fps electronic/ 11 fps mechanical shutter. Damn, that's fast...

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

30 fps electronic/ 11 fps mechanical shutter. Damn, that's fast...

I used one recently and it just felt right for some reason. Granted its got fast-auto-focus issues but I think I can get away from those. My only issue in India is getting lenses I want and its mostly sold as a video camera here more than one that takes stills.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I used one recently and it just felt right for some reason. Granted its got fast-auto-focus issues but I think I can get away from those. My only issue in India is getting lenses I want and its mostly sold as a video camera here more than one that takes stills.

I think most of the issues like that are really negligible unless you're shooting professionally or in very specific situations... what kind of mount does it have? Is third-party compatible lenses an option? The likes of Samyang, Tokina, etc. Also could probaly get an adapter to use Canon/Nikon lenses, although I'm personally always skeptical about those.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think most of the issues like that are really negligible unless you're shooting professionally or in very specific situations... what kind of mount does it have? Is third-party compatible lenses an option? The likes of Samyang, Tokina, etc. Also could probaly get an adapter to use Canon/Nikon lenses, although I'm personally always skeptical about those.

Its an X-Mount so there are some adapters and lots of lenses now from Rokinon and Zeiss, etc. I think their standard lenses are pretty good too.

• Upvote 1