talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Photography Thread

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Not a great quality image here, but the ducks were all out on a pond when I went to walk the dog this morning. So here's a snap of Fyre enjoying the view.

Image may contain: tree, sky, outdoor, nature and water

I bet Fyre was licking his chops thinking "I fancy some duck..." xD

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

I bet Fyre was licking his chops thinking "I fancy some duck..." xD

I'm sure he was, but even if I let my dog hunt those may have been Canadian Geese, which are known to be aggresive. I couldn't tell cos of the darkness but those geese you do not want to mess with especially in that number!

• Wow 1

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Well, our son asked me what I would like for my Birthday and I told him something like this would do nicely, a Usugood 12x50 Binoculars with smartphone adaptor for photography, not expensive for him so I shall wait and see. :coffee:

594819677_download(2).thumb.png.dbae385dcd3679cbbf41fa26bf721028.png

Would do nicely too for stargazing.

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Well, our son asked me what I would like for my Birthday and I told him something like this would do nicely, a Usugood 12x50 Binoculars with smartphone adaptor for photography, not expensive for him so I shall wait and see. :coffee:

594819677_download(2).thumb.png.dbae385dcd3679cbbf41fa26bf721028.png

Would do nicely too for stargazing.

Looks like a nice pair of bins... I would be a bit skeptical about the photographic usefulness of it, but it should be very nice for skygazing... At that magnification, you should be able to see the moons of Jupiter, nevermind all the stars and deep sky objects. I have a list of DSO you can see with binoculars somewhere, can send it to you later if you wish... I sold my scope and am getting a new pair of binoculars myself.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Looks like a nice pair of bins... I would be a bit skeptical about the photographic usefulness of it, but it should be very nice for skygazing... At that magnification, you should be able to see the moons of Jupiter, nevermind all the stars and deep sky objects. I have a list of DSO you can see with binoculars somewhere, can send it to you later if you wish... I sold my scope and am getting a new pair of binoculars myself.

Yes, please, cant wait to stargaze with a pair of binos, better not stargaze though if I have had a few wines, as I would end up seeing 3 moons instead of one :coffee: xD

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spelling
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

592528337_download(1).thumb.png.6a74d10d723574d54848b0a1920de8dd.png

A Dance of Sharks and Gulls: Underwater Photography Prize Winners

Renee Capozzola’s photograph of blacktip reef sharks cruising menacingly beneath seagulls at sunset in French Polynesia has been crowned the winner of Underwater Photographer of the Year 2021.

Capozzola’s photograph triumphed over 4,500 underwater pictures entered by underwater photographers from 68 countries around the world. She is the first female photographer to be named overall winner of the prestigious international photography contest.

We bring you some of our stand-outs from this year’s competition winners, and the stories behind them.

MORE

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Wasnt sure where to post this but I thought it was awesome. Live power wire fell and melted through the sidewalk and turned the sand underneath to glass.

Post image

Wow, this is mad! Amazing capture.

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Wasnt sure where to post this but I thought it was awesome. Live power wire fell and melted through the sidewalk and turned the sand underneath to glass.

Post image

Wow, good job you weren't a few feet ahead! You'd have been toast mate. 

• Subscriber

I was wondering - what's your most favourite photo that you have taken yourself? Only one, please. Additionally, if you share your photos anywhere, what is your highest rated one by others? Also only one, please. I'm curious to see everyone's most favourite shots, but I'm particularly interested to see if anyone's favourite shot is also their highest rated one... 

@Stan @Viva la FCB @Mel81x @Pyfish @Rick @Lucas @Tommy @CaaC (John) (and everyone else, I only tagged the ones who posted in this thread or who I know likes to take pics)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I was wondering - what's your most favourite photo that you have taken yourself? Only one, please. Additionally, if you share your photos anywhere, what is your highest rated one by others? Also only one, please. I'm curious to see everyone's most favourite shots, but I'm particularly interested to see if anyone's favourite shot is also their highest rated one... 

@Stan @Viva la FCB @Mel81x @Pyfish @Rick @Lucas @Tommy @CaaC (John) (and everyone else, I only tagged the ones who posted in this thread or who I know likes to take pics)

When you say highest rated, not to be too superficial but do you mean most likes on FB/Insta etc?

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

When you say highest rated, not to be too superficial but do you mean most likes on FB/Insta etc?

Yep, either most likes, upvotes, best star ratings or whatever. Alternatively, if you don't share any online, then maybe a photo you've taken that your friends/family seem to like the most. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep, either most likes, upvotes, best star ratings or whatever. Alternatively, if you don't share any online, then maybe a photo you've taken that your friends/family seem to like the most. 

Im an old hermit and I hate editing so Ive literally posted nothing. Ill go through my files on the weekend and pick out 1 and 1 :D I like the idea this should be cool to see what everyone has.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

I'll find some pictures but I won't include the ones rated by others after I got engaged as that'll be too easy :P

Good idea though @nudge!

Yeah, I think the ones that document life events, relationships, achievements, etc. are automatically the highest rated ones, so preferably just random shots instead, haha.

And cheers, I also think it's quite interesting, especially if we can get people talking about it :) 

• Administrator

I also didn't choose the one with Totti in Mykonos which got a shit load of likes clearly not for me xD

So this is one I took of Southwark Bridge. I love the darkness, the glimpse of colour, the spots of lights from the lampposts, the landmark of St Paul's Cathedral in the background, the still calm water amongst the hive that is London in itself. One of my favourites pictures. I have others up there but the rule is one so will stick to it! Also, one of very, very few photos I didn't filter xD

Screenshot_20210219_211712_com.instagram.android_1.jpg

This is one that's most rated by others, and I can see why if I do say so myself :P

You know when you get caught in a moment, and someone takes a picture, and you don't realise you were in that moment until you see it back? Well that's the feeling I had here seeing this one. The sunset, the backdrop, the still seas. I'm not that religious but the cross has some kind of significance here which I can't put my finger on. But I love it's a silhouette of me. Most pictures including people I see aren't usually like that and I guess you don't get many opportunities for someone to take a picture like below, without you knowing! 

FB_IMG_1613770517440.jpg

• Upvote 3

@nudge I always find that the most liked or favourited pictures I post, are usually some of my least personally favourites. This first picture may not be THE most liked of mine, but it got a lot more than what I usually get on my insta feed. The second picture is one I took about 4 years ago, and I’m still very happy with it. 

BE3CE4DB-CA58-4DCA-B201-1B12F06325F6.jpeg

9808BF0A-0F68-4112-AD45-10370A414B63.jpeg

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

I also didn't choose the one with Totti in Mykonos which got a shit load of likes clearly not for me xD

So this is one I took of Southwark Bridge. I love the darkness, the glimpse of colour, the spots of lights from the lampposts, the landmark of St Paul's Cathedral in the background, the still calm water amongst the hive that is London in itself. One of my favourites pictures. I have others up there but the rule is one so will stick to it! Also, one of very, very few photos I didn't filter xD

Screenshot_20210219_211712_com.instagram.android_1.jpg

This is one that's most rated by others, and I can see why if I do say so myself :P

You know when you get caught in a moment, and someone takes a picture, and you don't realise you were in that moment until you see it back? Well that's the feeling I had here seeing this one. The sunset, the backdrop, the still seas. I'm not that religious but the cross has some kind of significance here which I can't put my finger on. But I love it's a silhouette of me. Most pictures including people I see aren't usually like that and I guess you don't get many opportunities for someone to take a picture like below, without you knowing! 

FB_IMG_1613770517440.jpg

Nice start! 

I like the bridge one; night photos have something about them, don't they? Love the colour, and also the beams of light extending upwards from the bridge lanterns look pretty cool, too :D

The second one is very nice (very ambient and moody), but it's supposed to be a photo you took that is most rated by others :P 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Rick said:

@nudge I always find that the most liked or favourited pictures I post, are usually some of my least personally favourites. This first picture may not be THE most liked of mine, but it got a lot more than what I usually get on my insta feed. The second picture is one I took about 4 years ago, and I’m still very happy with it. 

BE3CE4DB-CA58-4DCA-B201-1B12F06325F6.jpeg

9808BF0A-0F68-4112-AD45-10370A414B63.jpeg

Ha, the very idea of my post came from scrolling through my photo feed earlier today and wondering why some of my photos got more likes than what I think they deserve, whereas the ones that I do like best seem to be less appreciated, as a general rule xD So I definitely see what you mean.

I like the composition of the second one; natural framing is great in how it leads the eye to the background, and I also like how "layered" the background looks with some hills behind other hills. Where is that? 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

FFS, for the 2nd one that I took that is rated by others!

19390654_10158944274900525_1597194870233869452_o.jpg

In contrast to the first picture I used, looking back on this there's too much filter on it. But FB loved it xD.

A blazing hot day in Mykonos overlooking the Aegean Sea, with our pool in the foreground.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

FFS, for the 2nd one that I took that is rated by others!

19390654_10158944274900525_1597194870233869452_o.jpg

In contrast to the first picture I used, looking back on this there's too much filter on it. But FB loved it xD.

A blazing hot day in Mykonos overlooking the Aegean Sea, with our pool in the foreground.

I love it!  And regardless of how much I also love having electricity, I must say that the cables do tend to ruin the perfect view a little bit xD 

And now I want a proper holiday even more :(