talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Members You Miss or Don't Miss?

football forum

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, MUFC said:
  3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

@MUFC was worried about you, he must have thought you had done a rummer. :coffee:

runner  9_9   

3 hours ago, MUFC said:

lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/11/2023 at 21:33, Honey Honey said:

I don't enjoy it any more so I drop off for a while every now and then. I'm not sure a Newcastle fan can co-mingle with other fans online and enjoy it anymore. It is what it is.

Fair enough. I actually find this forum toxic to honest. Listening to a bunch of people who have never played football professionally, never managed a team certain they know better than people who have gets irritating after a while 

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Fair enough. I actually find this forum toxic to honest. Listening to a bunch of people who have never played football professionally, never managed a team certain they know better than people who have gets irritating after a while 

This is normal. I work in football and for everyone I'm shite. I don't deserve to have a job in football and don't know what I'm doing, yet here I am doing stuff behind the scenes that get me praised at work and at my 4th club, 3rd domestic after working once in Mexico. Just the nature of football fans to be honest. It can get annoying but everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

1 minute ago, Goku de la Boca said:

This is normal. I work in football and for everyone I'm shite. I don't deserve to have a job in football and don't know what I'm doing, yet here I am doing stuff behind the scenes that get me praised at work and at my 4th club, 3rd domestic after working once in Mexico. Just the nature of football fans to be honest. It can get annoying but everyone is allowed to have an opinion.

Yeah of course they are. But also you also need to realise your own lack of knowledge. That doesn't mean someone who knows less is always wrong. But the idea of a fan telling someone like klopp or pep what to do is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. And some things aren't opinions they are objective facts. Like I said that's why I avoid this site. I find it annoying so I try to avoid the site 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Yeah of course they are. But also you also need to realise your own lack of knowledge. That doesn't mean someone who knows less is always wrong. But the idea of a fan telling someone like klopp or pep what to do is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. And some things aren't opinions they are objective facts. Like I said that's why I avoid this site. I find it annoying so I try to avoid the site 

Everyone criticizes me and a friend who is at Sporting Cristal when they don't know what happens behind the scenes. Football is entertainment so people love gossip and theorizing. I'm slowly getting used to it.

3 hours ago, Goku de la Boca said:

Everyone criticizes me and a friend who is at Sporting Cristal when they don't know what happens behind the scenes. Football is entertainment so people love gossip and theorizing. I'm slowly getting used to it.

Well that's up to you mate. But like I said I think this forum is toxic. Everyone thinks they're an expert. Then you have everyone thinking referees are against them. Everyone thinking they know how to run a football club. People insulting people with different opinions. I'm not saying I'll never come on again but I try to avoid it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

@Berserker makes himself rare unfortunatedly. Almost 2 years since they logged in for the last time.:(

I think this is the longest he has been away, he normally vanishes for over a year then comes back, the same as @True Blue who last posted in March but he will more than likely return.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
On 21/11/2023 at 15:21, Gunnersaurus said:

Well that's up to you mate. But like I said I think this forum is toxic. Everyone thinks they're an expert. Then you have everyone thinking referees are against them. Everyone thinking they know how to run a football club. People insulting people with different opinions. I'm not saying I'll never come on again but I try to avoid it. 

On 21/11/2023 at 12:02, Gunnersaurus said:

On 21/11/2023 at 10:12, Gunnersaurus said:

You've been around for quite a few years, no?. Isnt the entire point of a forum and specifically a sports forum in general to come together and chat shit about your teams and matches and reffing and banter? I mean all opinions aren't equal and some people do know more then others. Allot of things are also very subjective. Experts and pundits aren't always right either. Guess what neither are some of the grestest managers in the sports history, such as Klopp or Guardiola as you mention. Idk man,you do you but coming on and complaining about everything that makes a forum is kinda weird. 

3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

You've been around for quite a few years, no?. Isnt the entire point of a forum and specifically a sports forum in general to come together and chat shit about your teams and matches and reffing and banter? I mean all opinions aren't equal and some people do know more then others. Allot of things are also very subjective. Experts and pundits aren't always right either. Guess what neither are some of the grestest managers in the sports history, such as Klopp or Guardiola as you mention. Idk man,you do you but coming on and complaining about everything that makes a forum is kinda weird. 

I think he didn't like the insults that apparently went on. Some people just can't take stuff like that. I've  personally only ever had one person who insulted me all the years since I joined this site. I think most people on here are reasonable, but maybe some got under his skin. Either way, if he didn't like the insults thrown about by whoever he is on about on this site, then maybe taking a break from coming on here might be the right thing for him to do. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Michael said:

I think he didn't like the insults that apparently went on. Some people just can't take stuff like that. I've  personally only ever had one person who insulted me all the years since I joined this site. I think most people on here are reasonable, but maybe some got under his skin. Either way, if he didn't like the insults thrown about by whoever he is on about on this site, then maybe taking a break from coming on here might be the right thing for him to do. 

Fair. Guess I missed the context on that one if something specifically went on. I mean in general if you use the internet you have to have thicker skin these days I figure especially with social media and how thats all gone. 

• Subscriber

Pity he is away at the moment with his Gunners flying high, and I bet he could talk rings around me about his Gunners (and others) and would know more about them than me (and others). :D