Your PL Team of the Season

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

‐--‐--------------- Henderson

TAA— Söyüncü—Van Dijk— Robertson 

De Bruyne — Henderson — Grealish 

---------- Salah — Vardy — Mané 

Dean Henderson, 'Keeper of the year. Up there with clean sheets as well as some of the best saves of the season.

TAA, unreal numbers for his second real season. He gets better and better.

Söyüncü, a come of age season. Brutal defender from the old school of defending

Van Dijk, best in his position in the world. Fact.

Robertson, doesn't have the numbers of TAA in attack but equally as impressive.

De Bruyne, best player in the league for me. Simple. Possibly even in the world.

Henderson, his best season to date. Been a brilliant leader on and off the pitch for Liverpool. As influential as VVD, Salah for me.

Grealish, out performed his woeful team and will secure a move to a bigger club in the summer P.S I am not a lover of Jack Grealish either.

Salah, keeps getting insane numbers season on season, it's now expected which is testament to him.

Vardy, great up to Christmas, dipped and suffered injury but in the main been brilliant. And when you consider age as well, fair play.

Mané, improves again and again. One of the best at coming in from that left side in attack.

• Administrator

Henderson

Pereira - Evans - Van Dijk - Robertson

De Bruyne - Henderson - Grealish

Jimenez - Vardy - Mane

Some tough calls to make. 

Dean Henderson - quality first season for the keeper, part of the reason why Sheff Utd have done so well.

Pereira - he and TAA are so far everyone else in this league when it comes to this position. Bit of a biased pick, I'll admit. Both are class.

Evans - Most Leicester fans will probably say Evans has been better despite Soyuncu being quality as well. Shown his experience, discipline and organisation in abundance. Soyuncu has already learnt so much from him you can tell.

Van Dijk - the best centre-back in the league. Not really much else to say! Commanding presence at the back.

Robertson - Not his best season (last season better?) but still so far ahead of any other left-back in the league.

De Bruyne - the best attacking midfielder in the league by a country mile based on this season. Oozes class and skill. Gives so much to the side when going forward, insane goals and puts balls on a plate for teammates to score

Henderson - his best season in a Liverpool shirt. Leads from the front and gives his all. Does all the hard running and dirty work so the front 3 can thrive.

Grealish - Far too good for Villa and wouldn't look out of place in many other top squads in the league. Got that cunty streak in him but churning out performances like he has almost negates that.

Jimenez - opted for him over Salah purely because I love watching him and wish he was at Leicester. Salah was better last season (by his standards which says it all) but still flourishes in that front 3. Jimenez is a great #9 though and very prolific. He is not a young player. WTF are you on about Stan.

Vardy - top scorer in this league at 33 and scores some outrageous goals as well as the simpler ones. Excellent rustler too. Of his 19, the goal against Bournemouth was beautiful. Chipped in with a few assists too. 

Mane - the best of Liverpool's front 3 this season. Very reliable and takes several chances he gets. Fewer goals than Salah but been more productive I think. 

Honourable mentions:

TAA, Salah, Soyuncu, Doherty, Aubameyang, Aguero, Richarlison, Lundstram, Fleck, Stevens, Pope, Traore, Mahrez.

• The title was changed to Your PL Team of the Season
12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Henderson

Pereira - Evans - Van Dijk - Robertson

De Bruyne - Henderson - Grealish

Jimenez - Vardy - Mane

Some tough calls to make. 

Dean Henderson - quality first season for the keeper, part of the reason why Sheff Utd have done so well.

Pereira - he and TAA are so far everyone else in this league when it comes to this position. Bit of a biased pick, I'll admit. Both are class.

Evans - Most Leicester fans will probably say Evans has been better despite Soyuncu being quality as well. Shown his experience, discipline and organisation in abundance. Soyuncu has already learnt so much from him you can tell.

Van Dijk - the best centre-back in the league. Not really much else to say! Commanding presence at the back.

Robertson - Not his best season (last season better?) but still so far ahead of any other left-back in the league.

De Bruyne - the best attacking midfielder in the league by a country mile based on this season. Oozes class and skill. Gives so much to the side when going forward, insane goals and puts balls on a plate for teammates to score

Henderson - his best season in a Liverpool shirt. Leads from the front and gives his all. Does all the hard running and dirty work so the front 3 can thrive.

Grealish - Far too good for Villa and wouldn't look out of place in many other top squads in the league. Got that cunty streak in him but churning out performances like he has almost negates that.

Jimenez - opted for him over Salah purely because I love watching him and wish he was at Leicester. Salah was better last season (by his standards which says it all) but still flourishes in that front 3. Jimenez is a great #9 though and very prolific. For such a young player as well he's done/doing very well.

Vardy - top scorer in this league at 33 and scores some outrageous goals as well as the simpler ones. Excellent rustler too. Of his 19, the goal against Bournemouth was beautiful. Chipped in with a few assists too. 

Mane - the best of Liverpool's front 3 this season. Very reliable and takes several chances he gets. Fewer goals than Salah but been more productive I think. 

Honourable mentions:

TAA, Salah, Soyuncu, Doherty, Aubameyang, Aguero, Richarlison, Lundstram, Fleck, Stevens, Pope, Traore, Mahrez.

o.O

I got to he frank, I know he plays a pivotal role in the way the team functions and get's the best out of certain players around him, but I don't see the shout for Firmino as a Team of the Season nomination.

It's like putting Okazaki in team of the year a few seasons ago when Leicester won it when he was getting the best out of Vardy. He played his part but better than certain others who have performed this year up front? Unsure.

I'd have to put Aubameyang, Jiminez, Aguero etc ahead of him. Possibly even Ings.

But I know what he means to Liverpool fans so each to their own.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I got to he frank, I know he plays a pivotal role in the way the team functions and get's the best out of certain players around him, but I don't see the shout for Firmino as a Team of the Season nomination.

It's like putting Okazaki in team of the year a few seasons ago when Leicester won it when he was getting the best out of Vardy. He played his part but better than certain others who have performed this year up front? Unsure.

I'd have to put Aubameyang, Jiminez, Aguero etc ahead of him. Possibly even Ings.

But I know what he means to Liverpool fans so each to their own.

Fair enough, then I’d put Vardy in. But I do think it’s impressive a striker that hasn’t scored as much as you’d maybe think he should has still been absolutely pivotal.

Firmino’s a weird one because I think Henderson’s been the player of our season this season (he’s been a machine, quite frankly) but I think Firmino is our “best” player in terms of... he’s the most important and really our side is built around him in many ways.

So I figured I’d give him credit for the numerous massive performances he’s put in. But I can see the argument that he doesn’t deserve being in a team of the season based off the individual numbers. Shame because he’s a brilliant player and deserves more plaudits - but until he puts up the kind of stats as the others to go with the performances.

I’d rather put Vardy or Aguero in over the other names you mentioned. Although if we had to replace Firmino with another striker in the league, I think Jimenez ticks a lot of the boxes to fit in well.

I’ve gone for a similar team to most, feel like you can’t leave Vardy out who was finding his earlier form again. Similar to Lucas I’m not a massive fan of Grealish but he has been great for Villa this season, not sure how that would translate to a bigger team with greater responsibilities.

Chucked Fred in there for two reasons, first is I actually rate him a lot and reckon he’d do as well as any other midfielder at Liverpool/City when playing under Klopp/Pep and tbh would defo limit Henderson’s game time. Second reason is I fancied throwing a controversial name in/it’s nearly 1am, I’m tired and have been doing coursework all day that’s due tomorrow night 

Allison

TAA - Soyuncu - VVD - Robertson

De Bruyne - Fred - Grealish

Salah - Vardy - Mane

12 hours ago, Danny said:

I’ve gone for a similar team to most, feel like you can’t leave Vardy out who was finding his earlier form again. Similar to Lucas I’m not a massive fan of Grealish but he has been great for Villa this season, not sure how that would translate to a bigger team with greater responsibilities.

Chucked Fred in there for two reasons, first is I actually rate him a lot and reckon he’d do as well as any other midfielder at Liverpool/City when playing under Klopp/Pep and tbh would defo limit Henderson’s game time. Second reason is I fancied throwing a controversial name in/it’s nearly 1am, I’m tired and have been doing coursework all day that’s due tomorrow night 

Allison

TAA - Soyuncu - VVD - Robertson

De Bruyne - Fred - Grealish

Salah - Vardy - Mane

No offense, but I think your Fred shout is mental even though he’s improved. I don’t think he’d be restricting time on the pitch for the player that most Liverpool fans I know think has been our player of the season... in the season that’s been the best Liverpool side any of us have ever seen.

I think that goes to show how massively underrated Henderson still is.

'would defo limit Henderson's game time'. I'm sure everyone said that when Fabinho and Keita signed. It didn't happen. And when Fabinho got injured in November time Henderson went back to the 6 role and arguably did it better

Maybe I was being harsh on Henderson xD, though I definitely think he’s more of a system player than someone who could fit into different systems

But I still think Fred would get as much game time as anyone under Klopp or Pep

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Maybe I was being harsh on Henderson, though I definitely think he’s more of a system player than someone who could fit into different systems

But I still think Fred would get as much game time as anyone under Klopp or Pep

I can see what you mean to be fair but I would have to agree with @Dr. Gonzo, Henderson is in there and we are talking about a guy who probably isn't a million miles away from possibly being PFA player of the year also.

Let's have it right, Liverpool have a legitimate claim to possibly 7 or 8 positions this year which has probably ruined the diversity some what amongst people's selections, but it is testament to them. They have just been that good.

Would be far more interesting to name the team if we couldn't include Liverpool players mind. Then you'd see a lot of changes. Could be a more interesting take on things.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I can see what you mean to be fair but I would have to agree with @Dr. Gonzo, Henderson is in there and we are talking about a guy who probably isn't a million miles away from possibly being PFA player of the year also.

Let's have it right, Liverpool have a legitimate claim to possibly 7 or 8 positions this year which has probably ruined the diversity some what amongst people's selections, but it is testament to them. They have just been that good.

Would be far more interesting to name the team if we couldn't include Liverpool players mind. Then you'd see a lot of changes. Could be a more interesting take on things.

Agreed tbh.

A non-Liverpool side (which in itself is a compliment to how good they've been to even have to consider it xD

Henderson

Pereira - Evans - Soyuncu - Stevens

Ndidi

De Bruyne - Grealish

Jimenez - Vardy - Aguero

• Subscriber

Henderson

TAA - Soyuncu - Van Dijk - Robertson

Ndidi

Henderson - De Bruyne

Salah - Vardy - Mane

I can't believe how many have put Grealish in to be honest. I'm a bit fan of his but that's a bit flavour of the month.

Ndidi the most under-rated player in our side. I was speaking very highly of our midfield pre-season and thought that Maddison and Tielemans were outstanding. Ndidi has comfortably outperformed both.

Ricardo I thought was not far off making the side but TAA has been outstanding really, he's their most creative pissing player. I also don't think I'm getting away with putting 4 Leicester players in there. I nearly put Gomez in for Soyuncu as well to be honest. Liverpool have literally won all bar two games.

Can't tell if I've been too generous to us compared to Man City given they're above us.

On 01/05/2020 at 00:30, Dan said:

Henderson

TAA - Soyuncu - Van Dijk - Robertson

Ndidi

Henderson - De Bruyne

Salah - Vardy - Mane

I can't believe how many have put Grealish in to be honest. I'm a bit fan of his but that's a bit flavour of the month.

Ndidi the most under-rated player in our side. I was speaking very highly of our midfield pre-season and thought that Maddison and Tielemans were outstanding. Ndidi has comfortably outperformed both.

Ricardo I thought was not far off making the side but TAA has been outstanding really, he's their most creative pissing player. I also don't think I'm getting away with putting 4 Leicester players in there. I nearly put Gomez in for Soyuncu as well to be honest. Liverpool have literally won all bar two games.

Can't tell if I've been too generous to us compared to Man City given they're above us.

Each to their own of course but I disagree with Grealish being a flavour of the month pick. And I don't like him that much.

You have to think, who else has done anything for that Villa side? They have been awful and yet he has single handedly dragged them through this season. And he's helped get them to a cup final too.

He has had to adjust to the PL from the Championship with less time on the ball, and work harder without it given Villa hardly dominate possession in games.

He was considered a 'flair' player and yet for a young bloke he's grown to be a leader at the club and has a solid contribution of goals and assists.

He has stuck out like a sore thumb in a lot of games this season when I've seen Villa live or in highlights, which shows his calibre, he's gained praise from the pundits and deserves that recognition even though he's a thick plank who can't stay in and dives if anyone farts near him.

• Subscriber
48 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Each to their own of course but I disagree with Grealish being a flavour of the month pick. And I don't like him that much.

You have to think, who else has done anything for that Villa side? They have been awful and yet he has single handedly dragged them through this season. And he's helped get them to a cup final too.

He has had to adjust to the PL from the Championship with less time on the ball, and work harder without it given Villa hardly dominate possession in games.

He was considered a 'flair' player and yet for a young bloke he's grown to be a leader at the club and has a solid contribution of goals and assists.

He has stuck out like a sore thumb in a lot of games this season when I've seen Villa live or in highlights, which shows his calibre, he's gained praise from the pundits and deserves that recognition even though he's a thick plank who can't stay in and dives if anyone farts near him.

Grealish is a very good player, I'm not disputing that, but in a team of the season? Not for me at all and it reeks of flavour of the month picking to me, likewise the shouts for Jordan Henderson to win player of the season because it's just a bit different, outside the box when we all know the most crucial player at Liverpool and real key to this success is van Dijk.

I'd put Grealish in your non top 6 team of the season but I wouldn't put him in the whole leagues. He's easily Villa's best player but they're still a poor side with him in it, it's no Maradona at Napoli story.

Could be just me but I just can't see how a player for a team in 19th can make team of the season. He's got less goals and assists than Mahrez and nobody puts him even close.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Grealish is a very good player, I'm not disputing that, but in a team of the season? Not for me at all and it reeks of flavour of the month picking to me, likewise the shouts for Jordan Henderson to win player of the season because it's just a bit different, outside the box when we all know the most crucial player at Liverpool and real key to this success is van Dijk.

I'd put Grealish in your non top 6 team of the season but I wouldn't put him in the whole leagues. He's easily Villa's best player but they're still a poor side with him in it, it's no Maradona at Napoli story.

Could be just me but I just can't see how a player for a team in 19th can make team of the season. He's got less goals and assists than Mahrez and nobody puts him even close.

Jordan Henderson’s been our best player in a season where we’d been having our best ever season. I don’t think that’s very flavour if the month tbh.

• The title was changed to Your PL Team of the Season?

Archived