• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your PL Team of the Season

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Jordan Henderson’s been our best player in a season where we’d been having our best ever season. I don’t think that’s very flavour if the month tbh.

I'm still convinced if you take Van Dijk out it changes things quite significantly.

11 hours ago, Dan said:

Grealish is a very good player, I'm not disputing that, but in a team of the season? Not for me at all and it reeks of flavour of the month picking to me, likewise the shouts for Jordan Henderson to win player of the season because it's just a bit different, outside the box when we all know the most crucial player at Liverpool and real key to this success is van Dijk.

I'd put Grealish in your non top 6 team of the season but I wouldn't put him in the whole leagues. He's easily Villa's best player but they're still a poor side with him in it, it's no Maradona at Napoli story.

Could be just me but I just can't see how a player for a team in 19th can make team of the season. He's got less goals and assists than Mahrez and nobody puts him even close.

That's because it's very rare you get a player from those clubs relegated that stands out.

Let's be honest, it has been a very mediocre season that it's conceivable a player whose team is in the bottom three could still appear in TOTY.

If you remember, Andy Johnson did it one year when he kept scoring for Palace and they went down. Grealish has been consistently good.

You cannot really compare him to Mahrez either who plays in the front 3 at City, otherwise that's like using Sterling as an example.

There will be a difference of opinion of course but there is as much justification for it to oppose how you feel against it.

38 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That's because it's very rare you get a player from those clubs relegated that stands out.

No it's not. Top of my head. Scott Parker, Charlie Adam, Yakubu, McManaman, Wijnaldum ect ect 

Honestly there's probably 2 or 3 per year at least if you sat down and think about it. When west ham got relegated in 2011 Demba Ba, Scott Parker, Noble and Hitzlesperger were all critically acclaimed. Team just couldn't score goals. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Let's be honest, it has been a very mediocre season that it's conceivable a player whose team is in the bottom three could still appear in TOTY.

If you remember, Andy Johnson did it one year when he kept scoring for Palace and they went down. Grealish has been consistently good.

You cannot really compare him to Mahrez either who plays in the front 3 at City, otherwise that's like using Sterling as an example.

There will be a difference of opinion of course but there is as much justification for it to oppose how you feel against it.

I'm not for one second saying Mahrez gets in ahead of him but I think it's just for some context that his numbers while good, don't really 'wow' me enough to throw him into this team. To me he's a very talented player who is too good for a relegation battle - if he was to carry them away from trouble I'd get the arguments as that genuinely makes him stand out but can we really put him in over players from Liverpool, or even Man City / Leicester?

In fairness, the suspension in games kind of kills that possibility of him doing what I've said anyway, though I'm talking about a hypothetical there rather than anything that's happened.

I do agree that the standard this year has been pretty garbage and have thought it all year. Napoli took the same number of points off Liverpool as the whole of the Premier League.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No it's not. Top of my head. Scott Parker, Charlie Adam, Yakubu, McManaman, Wijnaldum ect ect 

Honestly there's probably 2 or 3 per year at least if you sat down and think about it. When west ham got relegated in 2011 Demba Ba, Scott Parker, Noble and Hitzlesperger were all critically acclaimed. Team just couldn't score goals. 

I agree with you, but I was specifically referring to the fact Andy Johnson was the only player from memory in recent time to make the PFA team of the year at a relegated club. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Did anyone see the one on the BBC? Fernandes was in there. Only played about five gamesxD I'm assuming it was done by votes on their website as that would explain it

100% done by votes and it's why it makes a mockery of it all xD. Fernandes being in there is an utter joke.

And biasedly, the league's top scorer not even there too.

• 2 months later...

Mine would be ...

Gk - Pope

RB - Trent

LB - Robesrtson

CB - VVD

CB - Gomez

MF - Fabinho 

MF - Henderson 

MF - De Bruyne

ATT - Sterling

ATT - Mane

ATT - Salah 

SUBS...

Vardy

Aubameyang 

Cant be arsed with rest 😴 

• Administrator

How can you not have the league's top scorer you absolute mad lads xD 

Pope

TAA - Van Dijk - Tarkowski - Robertson

De Bruyne - Henderson

Jimenez - Vardy - Ings - Mane

Fucking goals in that.

One player per position

Goalkeeper - dunno
Centreback - van Dijk
Fullback - Alexander-Arnold
Defensive Midfield - dunno
Offensive Midfield - de Bruyne
Winger - Raheem Sterling
Centre Forward - Vardy

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

How can you not have the league's top scorer you absolute mad lads xD 

Pope

TAA - Van Dijk - Tarkowski - Robertson

De Bruyne - Henderson

Jimenez - Vardy - Ings - Mane

Fucking goals in that.

Salah for Jimenez surely?

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

One player per position

Goalkeeper - dunno
Centreback - van Dijk
Fullback - Alexander-Arnold
Defensive Midfield - dunno
Offensive Midfield - de Bruyne
Winger - Raheem Sterling
Centre Forward - Vardy

Ntitty for DM 

• The title was changed to Your PL Team of the Season?

Archived