talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ross Barkley Could Stay at Everton

I really don't feel theres a buzz in the air about Barkley anymore. I'm not sure if he's hearing otherwise from his management team but for example this is nothing like the Raheem Sterling to City summer buzz where you felt sure a number of wealthier clubs would come calling once he'd burned his bridges... this seems more like Jonjo Shelvey to Newcastle.....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Toony said:

Just by looking at and watching Barkley you can tell he's an absolute cunt.

I'm not sure which top 6 team he thinks he's going to break into though, he should be staying.

Looking at xDxDxD

Glimmer of hope, doesn't look like he's refusing every contract, just an issue with wages (which I didn't think it would be). 

Give him the money. And then the armband. 

4 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

+1. 

Bridges well and truly burned. Don't get me wrong while he's still in an Everton shirt I'll support him but he's no longer the ''one of our own'' diamond that he used to be. I'm still half hoping that we sign Sigurdsson and show Ross the door for being a bellend.

I thought Sig was already done and dusted?

22 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

The hatred lfcmadlad has shown towards Ross Barkley in the last eighteen months kind of wants me to see Ross become a Red this Summer just to see his reaction.

I'd die xD

Nah I don't hate him. He's a decent player but that's it. If they sell Barkley and sign Sig then they have seriously upgraded in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Some reports say it is, some say a free is agreed but we're stuck on wages and some say he's retiring from football to open a vineyard in Sicily. 

Until he signs you don't know what to believe mate.

I know. According to the media we have signed about 5 players already xD

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Koeman said in his presser today that Barkley was offered a good deal at the end of the season but turned it down and told Ronald he wanted a new challenge. When asked whether he 100% expected Barkley to leave he said yes, but that there isn't currently an offer on the table. 

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Koeman said in his presser today that Barkley was offered a good deal at the end of the season but turned it down and told Ronald he wanted a new challenge. When asked whether he 100% expected Barkley to leave he said yes, but that there isn't currently an offer on the table. 

Coming out and saying that means Everton have basically shown their hand. They obviously won't accept a low bid but what Koeman said did come across as "Please, someone bid for him".

• The title was changed to Ross Barkley Could Stay at Everton

Archived