talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ross Barkley Could Stay at Everton

13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Made up. I didn't want Ross to stay as he's shown he's a spineless twat. Hopefully he moves to Manchester City and follows a similar career path as Jack Rodwell.

I don't want to play devils advocate, but given how Koeman has spoken about him publicly in the last year you can see why Barkley doesn't want to play for him.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's not been much talk of his ability from Koeman since the turn of the year, it's just been the relentless contract talk. Could have should have been handled better and away from the cameras but the outcome would still be the same. 

Most people knew he was leaving a week after the Arsenal game when he turned down the contract. 

Injured for a month as well so will take longer for him to leave. 

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

And here we have it. 

I've said season after season that Barkley is shite and hasn't got the bottle and here we are... Everton don't want him and neither does anyone else. 

You just gonna peddle this shite out every time on this topic? 

14 minutes ago, HK85 said:

You just gonna peddle this shite out every time on this topic? 

Hang on, I took loads of shit when I said what I said. I said that Barkley wasn't good enough for Everton and certainly not good enough for anyone above them.

Turns out it was true. 

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

And here we have it. 

I've said season after season that Barkley is shite and hasn't got the bottle and here we are... Everton don't want him and neither does anyone else. 

'Better than Coutinho, lad.'

Not quite as funny as the 'Jelavic is better than Suarez' shouts but funny all the same

50 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I said he wasn't good enough for Everton or anyone above them. How is that shite?

There's no issue with that, there's loads of people who think the same. 

It's the "Everton don't want him", "not a mainstay" nonsense that I'm talking about. 

• Subscriber

I don't get the Barkley top 4 links at all. What has he done to justify that? Overhyped like most young English players. I fail to see what he's done in his own mind to outgrow Everton.

13 hours ago, Cannabis said:

The truth hurts. Ross has been pampered by David Moyes and Roberto Martinez, now that we have a manager that has ''been there and done that'' on the international stage his anonymous performances won't cut the mustard. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked Ross as he's been ''one of our own'' but he's hardly a world-class footballer, if we can offload him and sign Gylfi Sigurdsson to go with Davy Klaasen we'll be laughing ourselves silly.

I didnt see Koeman saying the same things about Lukaku when he was giving about 30% at the end of last season. It was always Ross. Why would he want to stay somewhere like that?

13 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

And here we have it. 

You know that now you've said that you're going to sell Coutinho and be linked with him.

24 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I didnt see Koeman saying the same things about Lukaku when he was giving about 30% at the end of last season. It was always Ross. Why would he want to stay somewhere like that?

You know that now you've said that you're going to sell Coutinho and be linked with him.

Don't even joke about it xD

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't get the Barkley top 4 links at all. What has he done to justify that? Overhyped like most young English players. I fail to see what he's done in his own mind to outgrow Everton.

The top six aren't exactly a sacred grail of talent. Many other PL players could make it as squad players and Ross is one of them.

Last season was a big one for him and he performed well. His attitude and determination will decide if he's a success at his next club.

• Subscriber

Koeman has "gone on about Barkley" all season because the shit house media haven't stopped asking about him since he was dropped for being in poor form. Koeman was honest about Barkley's performances not being good enough and that was enough to make it into this big saga. Thing is that it actually worked and Ross played much better in the second half of the season. 

Mourinho did the same thing with some of United's players this season and when Martial and Shaw each put in one or two good performances following a public kick up the arse, Jose's man management was praised. In contrast, Koeman received no credit for Barkley's consistent improvements since December and instead has been slated for not handling the situation well. Go figure. 

Does anyone actually want Barkley though? Admittedly I try and not read any papers or watch sports news during the summer because it's filled with rumour after rumour and very little substance or interest but I cannot remember seeing anything fairly serious about Barkley's future. 

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Does anyone actually want Barkley though? Admittedly I try and not read any papers or watch sports news during the summer because it's filled with rumour after rumour and very little substance or interest but I cannot remember seeing anything fairly serious about Barkley's future. 

At the moment, no. As of last week there was no approach from any club. 

He will end up at Spurs when he's recovered from his surgery. 

2 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

His attitude and determination will decide if he's a success at his next club.

And therein lies the problem. I don't doubt he has ability, it's the mentality he lacks. He's not really a team player.

There was rumour on Talksport this morning of Barkley being linked to ManU, I'm praying it's just idle gossip. If he does leave he'd be better suited to Scottish footy....

1 hour ago, HK85 said:

At the moment, no. As of last week there was no approach from any club. 

He will end up at Spurs when he's recovered from his surgery. 

Fair enough. I was going to say that it could come to the point where he takes a backwards step and ends up at a West Ham or Southampton. 

• The title was changed to Ross Barkley Could Stay at Everton

Archived