talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tom Cruise

football forum

• Subscriber

@nudge, this guy, your hero, is sticking his big nose in everywhere, I hope he bumps into Darth Vader in space and gets one of those Lightsabres stuck up his jacksie. 

xD  

Quote.thumb.png.a5af19aaa7664509e5dd3afe698b92c8.png

37140a03-2bc5-42d3-aaa1-fe18227e5781.thumb.png.849be48c862df54d54a7fcdaad3005eb.png

Tom Cruise is hoping to blast into the Hollywood record books by shooting the first action movie in space.

Nasa is working with Cruise to film aboard the International Space Station.

There are no details of the film, but Deadline - which first reported the story - said it would not be a new instalment of Mission: Impossible.

The report also said Cruise, 57, is also working with Elon Musk's SpaceX, which will transport two US astronauts to the ISS for Nasa later this month.

Nasa administrator Jim Bridenstine wrote on Twitter: "Nasa is excited to work with Tom Cruise on a film aboard the Space Station!"

Musk replied to say the project "should be a lot of fun!"

Cruise played an astronaut in 2013 film Oblivion when he safeguarded Earth's natural resources from alien invaders.

He also narrated the 2002 Imax documentary Space Station 3D. It's not known when the star will blast off to the ISS for real.

Despite the pandemic, SpaceX's Crew Dragon is due to take Nasa astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley to the ISS on 27 May. The spacecraft can accommodate seven people.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52556699

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Tom Cruise
  • Subscriber

All I am interested in is how much it costs to send a person who is 100% worthless in the event of a disaster up into space multiplied by the crew that person brings with them. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

All I am interested in is how much it costs to send a person who is 100% worthless in the event of a disaster up into space multiplied by the crew that person brings with them. 

It should be around 55 million dollar per person, based on SpaceX & NASA prices applicable to space tourists. In this case NASA is probably happy with the publicity, so I can imagine they'll agree to lower the price a bit.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

It should be around 55 million dollar per person, based on SpaceX & NASA prices applicable to space tourists. In this case NASA is probably happy with the publicity, so I can imagine they'll agree to lower the price a bit.

So 54.5 million then I suppose haha. I also wonder how they get someone to shoot it all in space, how do takes work? etc, etc. I don't think it will ever happen personally but stranger things have gone through.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

So 54.5 million then I suppose haha. I also wonder how they get someone to shoot it all in space, how do takes work? etc, etc. I don't think it will ever happen personally but stranger things have gone through.

That'll be 54999999.99$, please. Haha. Seriously though, I believe that ISS will be out of funding in 2025, so this sounds like a decent way to generate some income for them. They'd probably just film some scenes inside the ISS and maybe Tom Cruise gets to do a spacewalk or something.

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Legend. His best role was definitely in Collateral. 

I ever so slightly disagree. That was a solid movie and he was decent in that, especially in a role he wouldn't normally play.

But Jerry McGuire for me was his best role. Absolutely stunning. Iconic even. Deserved an Oscar alone for that.

And I will always love The Last Samurai. From the storyline, scenery, to the soundtrack. And TC's on screen character transformation was excellent.

25 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I ever so slightly disagree. That was a solid movie and he was decent in that, especially in a role he wouldn't normally play.

But Jerry McGuire for me was his best role. Absolutely stunning. Iconic even. Deserved an Oscar alone for that.

And I will always love The Last Samurai. From the storyline, scenery, to the soundtrack. And TC's on screen character transformation was excellent.

Jerry McGuire was a bit corny, no? I haven't seen that in like 20 years.

I agree about The Last Samurai though. Fantastic movie. 

21 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Jerry McGuire was a bit corny, no? I haven't seen that in like 20 years.

I agree about The Last Samurai though. Fantastic movie. 

Not in my opinion, and he got nominated for best male that year too as well as the movie nominated for best picture.

But, that's not to say it's everyone's cup of tea. Might be worth a rewatch?

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

I enjoyed that, Cuba Gooding JR helped make that a very watchable film... "No heart?, no heart? I'm all heart motherfucker" 

I also liked 'American Made' who Doug Liman described as "A fun lie, based on a true story" 

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I enjoyed that, Cuba Gooding JR helped make that a very watchable film... "No heart?, no heart? I'm all heart motherfucker" 

I also liked 'American Made' who Doug Liman described as "A fun lie, based on a true story" 

Yes, Cuba Gooding was exceptionally good. Think he actually won best support actor for that role and deservedly so.

Also agree. American Made was very fun to watch just for how absurd the story was. 

Edge of Tomorrow was also surprisingly good and fun to watch.

• Subscriber

I went off Tom Cruise completely when he was chosen to play Lee Childs character Jack Reacher from the books, Cruise is 5ft 7inc, the character Jack Reacher is 6ft 5inc tall, weighs 210-250 lbs and has a 50-inch barrel chest and biceps like basketballs when my mate told me that Cruise was going to play Reacher in 'Never Go Back' I pissed myself laughing and said "why did they pick a small skinny little runt like Cruise to play Reacher," the author Lee Childs has now admitted he picked the wrong actor...

'Too short' Tom Cruise to be replaced for Jack Reacher reboot
Action hero Jack Reacher is to get a reboot for the small screen with a new actor in the lead role after creator Lee Child admitted Tom Cruise, who played him in two films, is too short.
In Child's books, Reacher is described as 6ft 5in tall with hands the size of dinner plates. Cruise is 5ft 7in.
"Cruise, for all his talent, didn't have that physicality," Child told BBC Radio Manchester's, Mike Sweeney.
The author said a deal was signed last week to make a new streaming show.
Readers had complained about Cruise's suitability to play the imposing former major in the US military police since his casting was announced in 2011.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46207601

I've read all of the Lee Childs - Jack Reacher books and I could never in a million years visualise Cruises face as Reacher in reading, someone like Liam Neeson or Tommy Lee Jones would be a better Reacher as they have hard faces, and I was one of the readers that complained, I went off Cruise a while back and just do not like him.

Archived