talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Lukaku Wants Champions League Football

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All due respect to Everton i don't think his head is into the long term. Unless Everton starts to be a title contender and a regular top four team. We should have never sold him in the first place, we did make a profit on him but he could have been a big player for us. His two successful loans were pointing out the fact that he won't stay, did great in both but was overlooked.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

To get a new release clause in it?

Wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it had a 60m release clause in place 

4 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Yep. Boring as fuck this topic but I'll nibble and add my two cents. 

Romelu Lukaku will not be at Everton in three years time unless we are winning the league and us Evertonians know and respect that. He is however an integral part of our project in getting the club into the Champions League and has said himself that he is impressed with how the club is progressing and has said that under Koeman he feels that he's in a good place. 

His new contract is 99.9% signed and we're just waiting for him to sign on the dotted line. The new deal will increase his wages and improve the £70,000,000 release clause that we already have on him. In other words, we're making sure that when he does go it's for a fee similar to Pogba rather than us being mugged off, when he does move to a Bayern or Barcelona it'll be a deal that works out best for both parties. 

Don't forget that we negotiated £50,000,000 for John Stones with Manchester City so we'll no doubt get a pretty penny for Rom.

Pogba was a very hot property when he made a move for a record fee. I dont see Lukaku being in the same bracket but maybe if he keeps banging those goals consistently for a season or two more then maybe. Would Bareclona or Bayern be really interested to sign a backup for Suarez and Lewandoski for £70million? The hottest young forward who could possibly go for that price is only Dybala in my opnion as of now. 

On 05/03/2017 at 1:47 PM, Cicero said:

That's if anyone wants him. 

Given Costa's had his head turned once, Aguero is out of favour with Pep Guardiola, Ibrahimovic is not getting any younger, Cavanis finishing is very questionable and Alexis Sanchez may want to leave I anticipate over the next two seasons there will be plenty of striker movement between Title Competing clubs that Lukaku would be willing to join. His opportunity will come if he keeps scoring.

6 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Given Costa's had his head turned once, Aguero is out of favour with Pep Guardiola, Ibrahimovic is not getting any younger, Cavanis finishing is very questionable and Alexis Sanchez may want to leave I anticipate over the next two seasons there will be plenty of striker movement between Title Competing clubs that Lukaku would be willing to join. His opportunity will come if he keeps scoring.

Cavani is on track of breaking the goal scoring record in France, Aguero needed a kick up the arse to start performing again and it worked and United and Griezmann are a match in the making. 

Arsenal maybe if Sanchez leaves. Us as well but if Costa does leave the only player I see us going after is Belotti. 

Archived