talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Perico Leon Passes Away At 76

football forum

Not due to Covid19 but just regular pneumonia. He had alzheimers as well.

One of Peru's best ever players and was key in helping us reach the 1970 World Cup while knocking out Argentina in La Bombonera. Another victim of 2020 as a year. 

RIP Perico :( 

Pedro Pablo 'Perico' León falleció esta tarde tras haber estado ...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone dug up this gem. Chumpitaz, Sotil, Challe and Leon all together while signing an autograph for a kid. Legendary photo. 3 of Peru's best players ever and the other (Challe) being very good as well.

How do they know it was regular pneumonia and not pneumonia brought on by COVID-19? Did they test him after he'd passed? Genuinely curious, because right now I'd be pretty skeptical of any "pneumonia" cause of death considering what we know about what this virus does.

Either way, it's never nice when a national hero passes. Sounds like he's most definitely a Peruvian national hero. RIP.

• Subscriber

At 76 you could say he'd probably have seen so much happen in his country both at a sporting and a cultural level and he lived a good life. RIP to the Peruvian Legend.

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How do they know it was regular pneumonia and not pneumonia brought on by COVID-19? Did they test him after he'd passed? Genuinely curious, because right now I'd be pretty skeptical of any "pneumonia" cause of death considering what we know about what this virus does.

Either way, it's never nice when a national hero passes. Sounds like he's most definitely a Peruvian national hero. RIP.

Apparently this dated back to a while ago. I see what you're saying but he's been having health problems for some time now. I guess we'll find out soon.

Archived