talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

I’m the shareholder of a Football Club...

No, this isn’t a piss take of young Brian and his brief venture into the world of football boardrooms. 

Last night, after a few Strawberry Gins and a win at a Zoom Quiz, I was feeling particularly frivolous and found that a Spanish club were seeking investors from the bargain price of €0.11 per share. Now, not one to turn away from a bargain, I pounced and went in for 100 shares. 

I’m now the proud shareholder of...

Real Murcia Club de Fútbol 

Currently 8th in Segunda B Group 4 going into lockdown, this is a sleeping giant of a club that has in my lifetime competed in La Liga and has a 31,000+ stadium to call home. This is a club that links Puskas and...Gifton Noel-Williams. 

Estadio-Nueva-Condomina-Real-Murcia-CF-R

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Interesting. Guessing the share price was so low because of lockdown but is there any sign of the club on the verge of some kind of administration or collapse?

How long have they been out of La Liga? 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Interesting. Guessing the share price was so low because of lockdown but is there any sign of the club on the verge of some kind of administration or collapse?

How long have they been out of La Liga? 

I couldn’t see anything online regarding impending doom or administration, though I imagine the current situation has been a factor in this. 

2007-08 was the last time. Bowed out with a 5-3 defeat against Barca. 

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

No, this isn’t a piss take of young Brian and his brief venture into the world of football boardrooms. 

Last night, after a few Strawberry Gins and a win at a Zoom Quiz, I was feeling particularly frivolous and found that a Spanish club were seeking investors from the bargain price of €0.11 per share. Now, not one to turn away from a bargain, I pounced and went in for 100 shares. 

I’m now the proud shareholder of...

Real Murcia Club de Fútbol 

Currently 8th in Segunda B Group 4 going into lockdown, this is a sleeping giant of a club that has in my lifetime competed in La Liga and has a 31,000+ stadium to call home. This is a club that links Puskas and...Gifton Noel-Williams. 

Estadio-Nueva-Condomina-Real-Murcia-CF-R

They are a side that have spend a nice amount of years in the top flight, but often been a segunda división club, until recently where everything went wrong for them. They did have a shit period during the 90s as well when they ended up in the 4th division before climbing back up again, where they even had a few seasons in La Liga, which was probably only about 10/11 years ago. But as history has shown, they can certainly come back.

48 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I thought this was gonna be a piss take. Fair play xD

Though you aren't the first one. Third technically. After me, and @Eco.

Brilliant. 

27 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

That's actually pretty cool xD How did you find that?

If I remember rightly from my Football Manager days, Segunda B is a complete bitch to get out of, but all the best

Saw Phil Kitromides tweet about it last night and thought it would be a laugh, especially at the price they are. 

21 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve looked at this but can only find the Spanish websites? How did you manage to buy the shares?

https://www.realmurcia.es/hazlosuyo/index.php

Should be an ‘EN’ button to press to change it to English. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Brilliant. 

I never lied about Player Villafuerte by the way. But I gave it back after 2 days. Call it eccentric if you want, but a lie it was not.

I didn't pay a thing for it though. I just happened to be friends with the owner.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I never lied about Player Villafuerte by the way. But I gave it back after 2 days. Call it eccentric if you want, but a lie it was not.

Proper maverick move that. Balls of steel!

1 hour ago, Storts said:

I once invested in Ebbsfleet just so I could vote on their player transfers

Never let it be said that people who post on football forums don't lead exciting and interesting lives

Ex-Werder Bremen goalkeeper Andreas Reinke played for Real Murcia for two seasons and former Argentinian international Jose Luis Brown(who sadly died of AIDS in August last year) also played for Real Murcia, only a year after he had won the World Cup with Argentina in 1986. Other notable players who represented Real Murcia are Nicolas Tagliafico, Daniel Jensen, Pedro Leon Juan Esnaider, Sergio Escudero, Fernando Baiano, Manuel Iturra, Markus Kreuz,  Wellington Silva, Kike and Dick van Dijk!

However, despite their respectable past, they are really struggling at the moment in the 3rd tier of Spanish football. So it's not too surprising that they are desperate to try and raise as much funds as possible for their club. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Is this your doing @Smiley Culture

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55101821

Former England defender Joleon Lescott has joined Spanish fourth-tier side Racing Murcia, the club have said.

Lescott, 38, retired in 2017 after a 17-year career with spells at Wolves, Everton, Manchester City, West Brom, Aston Villa, AEK Athens and Sunderland.

He won two Premier League titles, the FA Cup and League Cup after a £22m move to City in 2009.

Racing said Lescott will play in their Copa del Rey first-round tie against La Liga side Levante on 16 December.

"Our president Morris Pagniello and Racing Murcia are happy to announce the signing of English star Joleon Lescott, who will play in our Copa del Rey fixture against Levante," the club said on Twitter.

Lescott, who played more than 600 professional appearances, won 26 caps for England between 2007 and 2013, scoring his only goal against France at Euro 2012.

In a statement on their website, the club said: "This first and historic signing allows the Racing Murcia project to be known internationally and to give relevance to a squad practically made up of players from the city of Murcia and the towns of the region.

"In the coming days, the club will announce other star players and professionals who will help the team achieve its goals, both in the league and in the Copa del Rey."

Earlier this month, former Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o was linked with a move to the club, who are based in the south east of Spain.

Archived